Coventry vs Notts County Match Thread (1 Viewer)

wingy

He was still more effective than Jennings. He would probably have had to play if he had a leg amputated. He would still have been more effective.

You think so ,how much have we seen of him ,I've yet to see Jennings make a bad pass in Four games is it,every one perfectly weighted and on the Deck.

stupot07

You think so ,how much have we seen of him ,I've yet to see Jennings make a bad pass in Four games is it,every one perfectly weighted and on the Deck.

Jennings cant tackle he fouls and when in possession he takes too long to make his pass selection and slows the game down.

stupot07

And Bailey does'nt ,Jennings DOES'NT give the ball away.

Where have I said that Bailey doesn't give the ball away? Jennings also doesn't tackle or track midfield runners.....there's more to a central midfield player than playing a 5 yard safe sideways pass to keep your completion rate up.

Grendel

And Bailey does'nt ,Jennings DOES'NT give the ball away.

He s largely anonymous and invisible. Bailey has played at a higher level and it shows despite being younger. Robins clearly took one look at our rubbish midfield and thought I need some sticking plaster fast.

I can see why Osborne is rated in Scotland. He is as good as Jennings. Perhaps Barton can head up north as well. He also will fit in well.

wingy

He s largely anonymous and invisible. Bailey has played at a higher level and it shows despite being younger. Robins clearly took one look at our rubbish midfield and thought I need some sticking plaster fast.

I can see why Osborne is rated in Scotland. He is as good as Jennings. Perhaps Barton can head up north as well. He also will fit in well.

If you say so KD,far to early to write either of them off IMO
If you don't give it away and play to feet at the right Tempo the player recieving can be moving or move instantly ,also if you don't give it away you don't need to chase it as much which is what we did continually today .Our best spell today was when he came on ,kept it on the floor and did all of the above,result we built up momentum and became a danger ,especially down the left ,which we seem naturally stronger on.

Grendel

If you say so KD,far to early to write either of them off IMO
If you don't give it away and play to feet at the right Tempo the player recieving can be moving or move instantly ,also if you don't give it away you don't need to chase it as much which is what we did continually today .Our best spell today was when he came on ,kept it on the floor and did all of the above,result we built up momentum and became a danger ,especially down the left ,which we seem naturally stronger on.

We just disagree. Frankly I am just annoyed we have yet again wasted time and money on a squad of very poor players.

Malaga, edjengele, Elliot, Barton, Jennings, brown all signed in the summer and not one good enough to start a game at this level.

What a disaster.

wingy

We just disagree. Frankly I am just annoyed we have yet again wasted time and money on a squad of very poor players.

Malaga, edjengele, Elliot, Barton, Jennings, brown all signed in the summer and not one good enough to start a game at this level.

What a disaster.

Do you not think that 4-5 games is too early to call a set of brand new players ,Just think what you're saying as I know only too well your view of the previous incumbent ,but just pause,Try not to let him taint your judgemment and ask yourself have any of those players ,Especially Jennings and Barton had the time after a dissjointed /injured pre-season to adjust /settle /gel get into their rythym in a new team in a new stadium with new fans expectaions and the negativity that brings,when one of 5-6 new faces on the pitch at once,and the manager who brought you in is jettisoned after3 games.

Otis

Well, has to be said, none of the previous regime's signings have shown much yet at all.

Out of Bailey and Jennings, I would plump for Bailey myself. Yep, his passing isn't as accurate, but he seems to have a better engine, can tackle and is a bit quicker too.

Think both players are quite similar in many ways but Bailey seems to at least want to try and get the ball forwards as much as possible, while Jennings seems quite content to just pass the ball around the back four and in our own half.

stupot07

Well, has to be said, none of the previous regime's signings have shown much yet at all.

Out of Bailey and Jennings, I would plump for Bailey myself. Yep, his passing isn't as accurate, but he seems to have a better engine, can tackle and is a bit quicker too.

Think both players are quite similar in many ways but Bailey seems to at least want to try and get the ball forwards as much as possible, while Jennings seems quite content to just pass the ball around the back four and our own half.

Yeah Jennings suits the DCM role in the diamond formation but I'm no sure he would offer enough enough in a conventional 442

Otis

I like both players, but we need a Michael Doyle type player who can be buzzing about, get some tackles in and get forwards when needed.

Twice today Bailey got up to the opposition box and aided the attack. Hardly ever seen Jennings cross the half way line.

Would say Bailey is the nearest thing we've got to Michael Doyle.

wingy

I like both players, but we need a Michael Doyle type player who can be buzzing about, get some tackles in and get forwards when needed.

Twice today Bailey got up to the opposition box and aided the attack. Hardly ever seen Jennings cross the half way line.

Would say Bailey is the nearest thing we've got to Michael Doyle.
I thought Jennings introduction coincided with our best /most intensive spell of the game ,the tempo and movement improved and retention was better ,we built up a head of steam only to get mugged for the second ,I'm not necessarily saying he's better but he is an excellent passer with perfect weight to feet,and extremely accurate in percentage terms,for that reason i prefer him cos he does'nt give it away.

Otis

He doesn't, but he doesn't offer any attacking threat either.

Wish he would push up more often.

Otis

5 loses in a row and the site will be clogged up like a traffic jam on the M25 in rush hour.

ccfcway

nobody goes out their way to praise cause the majority of fans have spent several thousand per year for several years to watch a team who have done nothing in the league in many peoples lifetimes

VisitingPie

The exact same comments are being made on our messageboard, ie..it's like watching tumbleweed because we've won and there's nothing to moan about!

ccfcway

The exact same comments are being made on our messageboard, ie..it's like watching tumbleweed because we've won and there's nothing to moan about!

Really ?

People our site are saying....

"I know we got a promotion in the past 2 years and we are only 5th in the league this season and despite winning away again and being unbeaten away since Febuary, its quiet on here tonight isnt it ?"

sylus

we have not had alot to cheer about in years,prehaps thats why we are more inclined to moan..infact,we have had nothing to cheer about in years..

Users who are viewing this thread