Coventry vs Notts County Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

TAKE YOUR CHANCES!!!

Sorry it's in caps but we were punished today for missing gilt-edged chances in the first half. Don't take you chances you are not going to win the game.

It is that simple.

At least 3 clear chances, none taken.

Black6Osprey

Same old shit. Can't pass, can't defend, need too many chances before we take one. Play offs, please don't anyone ever mention it again. There is no chance in hell. I fear more against Brentford on Tuesday.

Grendel

TAKE YOUR CHANCES!!!

Sorry it's in caps but we were punished today for missing gilt-edged chances in the first half. Don't take you chances you are not going to win the game.

It is that simple.

At least 3 clear chances, none taken.

Yes we missed chances but we were poor overall. The notion this squad of players could ever achieve promotion is nonsense. They are very poor.

I have revised my view of Waggot and Fisher. They allowed someone they already had reservations about to sign 9 players. If all of them left tomorrow no one would care. Major work to be done. If we stay in this league next season I would take that.

There needs to be a huge clear out in January.

Baginton

Just home, left at 2-0, Moussa and Baker had mares
Bailey played well, unlucky to go off

who got our goal, heard it by the railway bridge :whistle:

hey its family day, bring out your murderers , im angry I can feel my blood boiling, had to leave which I dont normally do.

mark82

Just home, left at 2-0, Moussa and Baker had mares

who got our goal, heard it by the railway bridge haha

hey its family day, bring out your murderers , im angry I can feel my blood boiling, had to leave which I dont normally do.

Richard Wood.

skyblueman

Yes we missed chances but we were poor overall. The notion this squad of players could ever achieve promotion is nonsense. They are very poor.

I have revised my view of Waggot and Fisher. They allowed someone they already had reservations about to sign 9 players. If all of them left tomorrow no one would care. Major work to be done. If we stay in this league next season I would take that.

Bang on the money there... this season is already over for me

mark82

Thought we were the better team. Played really well in the first half and should have gone in 3 or 4 up. Second half not really good enough until they got their second and we realised we needed 2 goals.

Otis

'Yes we missed chances but we were poor overall.'

Had we scored from those 3 chances we would have surely won the game and the performance would have obviously been quite, quite different. We lost heart when we kept missing the chances and then quickly began to become clueless as the game wore on.

Had we scored from those chances then County would have been forced to press forwards instead of play on the counter-attack.

torchomatic

Does Cameron have a clause in his contract whereby he can only pass to Wood or Murphy? I missed our goal too as we left after they got their second. Ah well...

coop

We deserved to win IMO but we need to shoot on site both there goals first time shots we tried to walk it in we are not arsenal

Otis

Does Cameron have a clause in his contract whereby he can only pass to Wood or Murphy? I missed our goal too as we left after they got their second. Ah well...

Me too.

It was such a frustrating afternoon I found I could no longer take anymore.

torchomatic

I wonder why no matter who the player are or who the manager is, we seem to have some aversion to shooting at goal.

ICHAN

A major clear out has been needeed for years Grendal IMO always has been a place where dead wood end up, has beens come and has been players return.
Until the crap from the past is dispossed off I honestly can't see much change not MR's fault he has inherited the attitude that has manifestied itself and grown around the club over the past 10 or so years, where mediocre has been accepted and has been up until recently, lets hope he is given time and backing to sort this shit out.

Otis

I wonder why no matter who the player are or who the manager is, we seem to have some aversion to shooting at goal.

There were so many mis-kicks today it was untrue.

We need Cody McDonald I feel. McGoldrick will do alright, but I can't see him getting anywhere close to 20 goals this season.

torchomatic

But who is the "crap from the past"? The players on the whole have only been here a couple of seasons at most. The manager is new, the backroom staff (again on the whole) is new, so what's the problem?

wingy

So whats changed ,we're still playing at walking pace ,with static players and no movement with a midfield that does'nt gamble on backing up when we attack,murphy was culpable along with no closing down for their first ,we should have had a couple first half,don't get this talk from them that we are secure with this settled defence.Positives Moussa ,DMC,Jennings 100% pass completion when on ,as in his other games,if he's competing with Bailey I'd pick him over him.At least MR knows when to make subs and that was the only time in the game when we upped the tempo and kept possession with passes on the floor.finally we probably only made 3 clearcut chances all game and they were all first half.:thinking about:

ICHAN

Meant as a generalisation Torchy, regarding the apathy that surronds the club, no individual.

If I knew how to solve the problem Tochy I would share it.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We should have had the game wrapped up first half. I agree its all about taking your chances something we lacked severely today.

Too many players off colour.

Roll in Tuesday. Im going and i dont have a very good record away from home this year so sorry if that run continues

torchomatic

Sorry, got you now. It's still weird though. If we had eleven new players next week I'd bet we'd still play the same. What annoyed me was:

Murphy passes to Cameron who passes to Murphy who passes to Wood who passes to Cameron who passes to Wood who passes to Cameron who passes to Murphy....repeat until death...

Meant as a generalisation Torchy, regarding the apathy that surronds the club, no individual.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thought we played good first half, should have scored 2/3 goals. Thought Murphy may have possibly done better with the first goal. Terrible second half, thought Notts County were pretty poor

torchomatic

Maybe. They used to do it when they were winning though. We do it when we're losing. I don't think they've quite got the hang of it.

Maybe it's the Liverpool of old way of wasting time.

skybluesteve76

That was absolutely terrible! Not one good performance for me. Hussey must have shagged robins wife to get left out for that retard at left back! Bailey thinks he's good but was awful, laboured about the pitch like johnny big bollocks. As for fleck and baker don't get me started! And that useless lump upfront ball, give me strength!
Apart from that I thought we were excellent and I had a lovely day out! (Sarcasm)

Otis

That was absolutely terrible! Not one good performance for me. Hussey must have shagged robins wife to get left out for that retard at left back! Bailey thinks he's good but was awful, laboured about the pitch like johnny big bollocks. As for fleck and baker don't get me started! And that useless lump upfront ball, give me strength!

Apart from that I thought we were excellent and I had a lovely day out! (Sarcasm)

Err, Bailey had a stomach bug. No wonder he laboured.

torchomatic

Otis

Am guessing he must have told Robins he would be okay. Robins said post-match that he could see on about 60 minutes that he was beginning to suffer.

Besides, Torch. We have no idea if he was okay before the match and complaining of stomach pains during the match.

We simply don't know if Bailey was ill before the game or not, so to say he shouldn't have played simply may not have been quite that straightforward.

sylus

excuses excuses!... now the honeymoon period with robins is over,your realising the same old crap is still there,and white washing it with whatever delusional BS you come up with .im afraid won't go away..we will be lucky to finish mid table." if we are lucky"

Grendel

There were so many mis-kicks today it was untrue.

We need Cody McDonald I feel. McGoldrick will do alright, but I can't see him getting anywhere close to 20 goals this season.

McDonald is not the answer. His ball control is woeful and he lacks pace. One of many rubbish signings we need to consign to the muck heap.

Grendel

Well, he shouldn't have been playing then.

He was still more effective than Jennings. He would probably have had to play if he had a leg amputated. He would still have been more effective.

Users who are viewing this thread