Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (2 Viewers)

runner

Nailing my flag to the mast here. We are just not good enough.

I still think we will make the playoffs, but we are going to need a hell of a lot of luck to get to the final.

The defence has now become shocking, an accident waiting to happen. We are also being out-muscled by teams regularly across the park, apart from JCH and Doyle.

I think we will probably make the top 7, but unless the gods are shining down on us and we get a real rub of the green, this team will be playing League Two football again next season.

We are failing too often and there is a total lack of consistency.

Couldn't agree more ... Otis spot on here ... my sentiments exactly ... think 7th likely ... but just not good enough on any given day ... L2 it is ...

pastythegreat

McDonald needs to learn how to kick the likes of Rhead
Yrs they all played the dark arts better than us tonight. EVERY player to a man just bullied us, ref didn't help. Took him til stoppage time to finally start booking their players, then went card happy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Re The Great Keeper Debate, Last season (and many before but last season most importantly) most said we needed to invest in the GK area. Teams don’t get places playing young keepers unless they are world class.

I remember when we played Wigan in the first game of last season. They started with the ex Walsall keeper, can’t recall his name, after he moved to them after a great season the year before with Walsall, but an average Walsall who were never going to challenge. By January and through to the end of the season, they had Jaskailainen in goal for them and went on a crazy run earning promotion.

Keepers tend to play longer than outfield players and I think there’s a reason for it. Experience pays off; we only have to look at Doyle to see that (yes, I’ve warmed to him ;)).

No matter what division we are in next season, we must invest in an experienced stopper (along wide LB, RM/W, CM)
I think the problem was we needed just about a new team for this season so had to go with Burge again, possibly as number 2 but after O'Briens gaffs in comes Mr Bean in goal for us again, hopefully next season a new goalie is a must along with a dominant attacking midfielder and a striker that can bully and score goals, new left backs and right back too

Nick

Administrator
Yep, he needed to go through him early on, it took Doyle to try and do it.

So much naivety, same with that winger, Haynes or Shipley should have put him in the stands!

Look how they rotated the fouls!
Exactly.

Petrified of him.

How many bookings or reds have we had for actual bad tackles?

I can imagine mcdonald apologising to strikers for taking the ball off them. Ameobi elbows him in the cock and he does nothing.

fernandopartridge

Exactly.

Petrified of him.

How many bookings or reds have we had for actual bad tackles?

I can imagine mcdonald apologising to strikers for taking the ball off them. Ameobi elbows him in the cock and he does nothing.
That's Robins' fault according to you

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Thoughts on the Biamou ‘penalty shout’ ?

At the time it looked a pen, didn’t help they went straight down and scored the 4th so I probably think it was even more.

Anyone in line at that end?

Kingokings204

Awful result but it goes with inconsistency of this season. We are either shit or brilliant.

I’m not majorly worried of missing the playoffs and if we do fail from here we don’t deserve to get a slot.

Nick

Administrator

At the time it looked a pen, didn’t help they went straight down and scored the 4th so I probably think it was even more.

Thought it looked like Tom Daley at the time, would need to see it again

Covstu

don't buy this first goal was a cracker, good finish, yes. But it was fucking obvious what they were up to and we should have nipped it in the bud, we should have been working on it all week, but we let them carry on doing it all game.
It was a great hit, he will never score another one like that. Back four gave him space all night but there are a lot to work on all week which we failed to achieve

Super Graham Withey

It is when we have a team of pussies week in week out. They get away with it as well.

Only Doyle tried to play them at their own game tonight.

Look how Notts County bullied us.
Agreed. This time last season we were saying we needed some dogs of war for this league. We have the ultimate dog in Doyle but ultimately I don't think Robins has recruited enough of this type of player.

Covstu

Biamou missed a header from 2 yards. Great save perhaps. They were just more clinical. Few times McNulty wanted an extra touch when he had a chance to shoot or lay off
None of of strikers looked on form tonight. To be honest we could work out the formation at the start, it see,ed like he was playing two left wingers to try and cover Haynes but they looked confused. We got it all wrong tonight

Ashdown

I thought it was a pen and I was right in line.

Marty

I'm in the home end Saturday and I'm going to stand behind the dugout and see what Robins actually says to the players during the game, I looked over a few times today and he looked lost with his hands in his pocket.

Otis

I'm in the home end Saturday and I'm going to stand behind the dugout and see what Robins actually says to the players during the game, I looked over a few times today and he looked lost with his hands in his pocket.
Get yourself kitted up, you could find you get a game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Can you let him know he has 3 subs to use as well.

Ashdown

It is when we have a team of pussies week in week out. They get away with it as well.

Only Doyle tried to play them at their own game tonight.

Look how Notts County bullied us.
I'm finding this hard but......I do agree with you here. Too many of them ducked out of all sorts.....Burges attempt to stop their 4th was just cowardice personified.....and at least Doyle as ever tried to fight back !

Users who are viewing this thread