Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Win 2 lose 1 is the rhythm of the season. That means we’ll make playoffs lose the first leg, hopefully win the second with a better and win the playoff final.

Who am I kidding. We’re in league two for another year.

Amcoventry

If a keeper can’t even attempt to catch a high ball floating over his six yard box then he is in the wrong job and if you can’t see the problem with that then you haven’t a fucking clue what you’re watching.
Crucified if he comes off the line, crucified if he stays on the line. Either way if they score it must be his fault.

Nick

Administrator
Crucified if he comes off the line, crucified if he stays on the line. Either way if they score it must be his fault.

When they score because the ball is at the height to be punched, header, caught, or anything else and he stands still and watches their player strike it and stands there it is his fault. He could have had the 4th.

As for coming off his line, see Exeter or tonight when he nearly gifted them a goal.

He is dog shit slow for a pro athlete.

Grendel

Cavan O'Doherty

What did burge do wrong? Didn't look at fault for anything tonight.
He should’ve committed to coming out for the 4th goal but got caught in no mans land because of his indecision. Very poor. How anyone can defend him for that one is beyond me.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

When they score because the ball is at the height to be punched, header, caught, or anything else and he stands still and watches their player strike it and stands there it is his fault. He could have had the 4th.

As for coming off his line, see Exeter or tonight when he nearly gifted them a goal.

He is dog shit slow for a pro athlete.

If fans want to accept mediocrity, then fair enough but they can't complain if we remain stagnant. Bizarre excuses have been used for years to protect particular players and managers.

Otis

Nope, been saying it for weeks / months.

We still don't have a plan, if we get a goal and are winning it's usually OK but chasing a game it's pointless.

We may as well just put our corners into the stand for a goal kick, at least they cant counter quickly if we get back in position.
Same problems.

Still making a pigs ear of our throw ins and our corners again were very poor tonight and like you say, our kickoffs are a joke.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Great to hear Robins be so honest post match.

Then again, Presley went all warrior and it went downhill from there. And didn’t Sade have a post match CWR outburst before his departure too? :D

Think there will be multiple changes again for Saturday. After Yeovil there were 5; I’d say there will be Atleast 4 for the weekend. Could be any of the back four and GK, with Bayliss and Shipley likely to only secure their positions because of their goals.

That said, and Grimmer and Willis were mentioned multiple times post match, whilst we have Davies or Hyam to come in at CB, would the only option at RB be DKE?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
You have to feel a bit sorry for MR - the team performed last match, but sounds like there have been a few individual errors. Understand the concern about Haynes, but Stokes has looked bang average, uncertain and slow this season - we need to revisit left back position for next year (can Shipley play there?) We've conceded a first minute goal that will have shaken us. Odd playing Kelly wide though (if that's what he's done) Big effort needed Saturday (fans and team)

Was it a Checkatrade game Shipley played LB and had a great game (albeit it may have been against a U21 team)

Covstu

Tactically naive again tonight. Apart from their first which was a cracker, the other three were very poor defensive errors. We needed to go in at 2 each and the 3rd before half time knock d the stuffing out of us. I was surprised to see such as defensive display from them but we couldn’t get close, second to the ball all night and Burge was in no mans land for the 4th. If they would have pushed on, they could have gotten more.

Apart from ponticellis miss, can’t recall any proper chances in the second half. The biggest question which needs answering is why can’t we take throw ins and fucking corners! It was school boy stuff!

pastythegreat

Same problems.

Still making a pigs ear of our throw ins and our corners again were very poor tonight and like you say, our kickoffs are a joke.
Kick offs a joke, were not playing rugby, why give up possession so easily?
Corners, we've gone from not beating the 1st man every time to beating every fucking man every time! Waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

skyblueeyesrevisited

MR must take the blame for changing a winning team. Kelly was MOM on friday yet he shoved him out wide. He the puts our top scorer on the wing. His substitutions were as inept. Took off JCH who was playing well. Then when he needs a goal he brings on the prolific Ponticelli and puts him out wide. Saturday the defence needs a complete reshuffle. Out should go Haynes and Concrete Rod and in should come Davies and Stokes.
Haynes should be sent on a course on how to tackle and how to take a throw in.

Sick Boy

Kick offs a joke, were not playing rugby, why give up possession so easily?
Corners, we've gone from not beating the 1st man every time to beating every fucking man every time! Waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It makes you wonder what they actually do training. Throws are always a laugh as well

SkyBlue_Bear83

Robins spot on after the game.

Some players aren't willing to get hurt to stop a goal, burge for the 4th goal was a prime example.

There was no way Lincoln would concede the goals we did because they were putting their bodies on the line and we didn't

clint van damme

Tactically naive again tonight. Apart from their first which was a cracker, the other three were very poor defensive errors. We needed to go in at 2 each and the 3rd before half time knock d the stuffing out of us. I was surprised to see such as defensive display from them but we couldn’t get close, second to the ball all night and Burge was in no mans land for the 4th. If they would have pushed on, they could have gotten more.

Apart from ponticellis miss, can’t recall any proper chances in the second half. The biggest question which needs answering is why can’t we take throw ins and fucking corners! It was school boy stuff!

don't buy this first goal was a cracker, good finish, yes. But it was fucking obvious what they were up to and we should have nipped it in the bud, we should have been working on it all week, but we let them carry on doing it all game.

fernandopartridge

Biamou missed a header from 2 yards. Great save perhaps. They were just more clinical. Few times McNulty wanted an extra touch when he had a chance to shoot or lay off

sw88

Chief Commentator!
These past few games prove why I wasn’t keen on us getting to the play offs!

To concede 11 in 3 of your 4 final home games is enough to finish anyone’s season, and if you don’t make the play offs because of it, you only have yourselves to blame! Right now I’m not even concerned that we might mess it up in the final; I’m concerned we will mess it up before then, in either one or both of the semi ties!!

Such a shame as as dull as most of the games have been this season, for so long we’ve looked nailed on to go up. Now we find ourselves taking it into the last 1, possibly 2 games to decide our fate!!

This league is dross and we cannot afford another season in it!

Nick

Administrator
don't buy this first goal was a cracker, good finish, yes. But it was fucking obvious what they were up to and we should have nipped it in the bud, we should have been working on it all week, but we let them carry on doing it all game.

You listen to their manager, he knows each one of our players. He knows our strengthes, he knows our weaknesses. He knows what we will do. He has studied us.

I seem to be able to predict things better than Robins some games. He can't react or change things.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Re The Great Keeper Debate, Last season (and many before but last season most importantly) most said we needed to invest in the GK area. Teams don’t get places playing young keepers unless they are world class.

I remember when we played Wigan in the first game of last season. They started with the ex Walsall keeper, can’t recall his name, after he moved to them after a great season the year before with Walsall, but an average Walsall who were never going to challenge. By January and through to the end of the season, they had Jaskailainen in goal for them and went on a crazy run earning promotion.

Keepers tend to play longer than outfield players and I think there’s a reason for it. Experience pays off; we only have to look at Doyle to see that (yes, I’ve warmed to him ;)).

No matter what division we are in next season, we must invest in an experienced stopper (along wide LB, RM/W, CM)

Users who are viewing this thread