Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Gosh first half Bayliss was lovely on the bsll
Do you watch the game? He is a nice footballer but how much closing down does he do? How many times did he stop a ball coming forward? They were putting long diagonal balls in from very deep, he should have been closing down. Not blaming him but don't think tonight's game was for him. Mind you, the other scorer was just as poor off the ball.
Those slating Robins: is a team with two teenagers suddenly elevated to first choice underachieving in 7th? I don't think it is at all.

fernandopartridge

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, we simply have to get rid of MR.
He simply hasn’t learnt the simple lessons that have bugged us all season.
If it wasn’t for a solid defence (all 6 of them) we would be in a relegation battle
Rather than a play off scrap.
He just isn’t the man for division 2. He picks his favourites regardless of how they perform, and is completely incapeable of motivating the team.
Clueless

Liquid Gold

Nailing my flag to the mast here. We are just not good enough.

I still think we will make the playoffs, but we are going to need a hell of a lot of luck to get to the final.

The defence has now become shocking, an accident waiting to happen. We are also being out-muscled by teams regularly across the park, apart from JCH and Doyle.

I think we will probably make the top 7, but unless the gods are shining down on us and we get a real rub of the green, this team will be playing League Two football again next season.

We are failing too often and there is a total lack of consistency.
I almost hope we miss out on the final because I couldn’t stand us being embarrassed in a game like that.

SKYBLUES90

Don't think I've ever been as angry coming away from a match. Don't get me wrong, we flapped the second half but fuck me Lincoln are an embarrassment to football.

It gets to the point where you think I can’t do this anymore.

Left today with 20 minutes to go in anger, I’ve wasted 20 odd years, so much money following them away for the odd good day out, the checkatrade final for not a lot else in return.

The amount of points we have thrown away this season we should of been clear in the autos, but letting teams take he piss like today is the final nail in the coffin.

Westendlad

I still think we will make the playoffs, but we are going to need a hell of a lot of luck to get to the final.

The defence has now become shocking, an accident waiting to happen. We are also being out-muscled by teams regularly across the park, apart from JCH and Doyle.

I think we will probably make the top 7, but unless the gods are shining down on us and we get a real rub of the green, this team will be playing League Two football again next season.

Spot on.

SkyBlueRuffian

But why has the defence become so poor, surely this is down to the manager and his coaches,or was the so called solid defence a blag?

Nick

Administrator
No Pete he’s a luxury player loose and I’m afraid mentally weak judging by tonight. He shouldn’t have played him as the opposition dominated him.

I’m astounded also he played Haynes tonight as well. McDonald I suppose deserved another chance but that’s it for me. If we make the play offs don’t tell me we can progress with those two in defence.

Bayliss tried too much, he would take a player on then have a stupidly heavy touch and give it away.

Haynes was shocking.

McDonald has nothing about him, he still tries that Hollywood pass and it still just gives the ball away. Has he ever attacked a header from a corner? It's pointless him going up for them.

Nick

Administrator
But why has the defence become so poor, surely this is down to the manager and his coaches,or was the so called solid defence a blag?

Or teams have found us out and Robins has no plan B.

Dread to think what the pacey Eisa will do on Saturday and their quick wingers (if they still have them).

Sky Blue Pete

Think that’s fair! McDonald should be so much stronger than he is. At 2-2 we so needed to push on. Ref a disgrace but not sure it would have changed stuff. MR is calm on the bench that’s all. He does his work in the week and leaves the players to get on. He’s as good as we’ll attract in league 2.
I think we are 2 quality players short of top 3 o yeah jones and andreu. MR blaming defence for being bullied. McDonald and Willis not Haynes. But what does he know you all know better.

Not aggressive enough not physical enough. He’s frustrated wifh McDonald. We won football game but lost the battle.

I agree with him

Johhny Blue

We WILL make the playoffs. But only because Mansfield are shitter than us right now. Up until tonight I didn't fear anyone in the playoffs now I'm not quite as confident.

SKYBLUES90

The Mrs has been saying for years, you must be mad still going, she’s never normally right on things but Ive finally realised she’s got it nailed on

Otis

I think Robins made a mistake in not playing Davies tonight. He would surely have made a better fist of handling Rhead.

Just heard Robins on the radio. Glad he is so seething.

It simply was amateurish.

stupot07

Because we're now not playing Kelly and Doyle 5 yards infront of them and are trying to be more attacking. We had to make that change as we no longer had Jones scoring out of nothing for us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think Robins made a mistake in not playing Davies tonight. He would surely have made a better fist of handling Rhead.

Just heard Robins on the radio. Glad he is so seething.

It simply was amateurish.

Yeah we have heard him seething before, watch us come out on Saturday and kick the ball out of play from a kick off and be unable to take a throw in.

It's like Accrington, they came and knew what to do and how to play the game.

The streetwise stuff is bollocks, they are being paid to play football.

Nick

Administrator
Any more cliches Nick?

Nope, been saying it for weeks / months.

We still don't have a plan, if we get a goal and are winning it's usually OK but chasing a game it's pointless.

We may as well just put our corners into the stand for a goal kick, at least they cant counter quickly if we get back in position.

Sky Blue Pete

Do you watch the game? He is a nice footballer but how much closing down does he do? How many times did he stop a ball coming forward? They were putting long diagonal balls in from very deep, he should have been closing down. Not blaming him but don't think tonight's game was for him. Mind you, the other scorer was just as poor off the ball.
Those slating Robins: is a team with two teenagers suddenly elevated to first choice underachieving in 7th? I don't think it is at all.
Absoluteky I watch the game. I’m too supportive of the players but there are worse things as a supporter. Bayliss did more than strut around first half he was excellentl. MR was spot on. Listen to it you’ll learn stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread