Match Thread Coventry v Watford (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Not true. They had Switzerland International striker Josip Drmic available they just chose not to play him as Farke had frozen him out. Pukki only missed 2 games anyway.
We haven't had Godden & Walker both fit at the same time all season.

We’ve frozen out Kastaneer that happens

Sky Blue Harry H

Rest bite

Rest bite?!
Classic. Fair play.
Will now enter my volcaburary alongside escaped goat and pedal stool.

Love it - I consider myself reasonably well educated and read a lot, but will confess as a youngster to having invented another word from the word misled, which on occasion, I would read as (sounding like) mysled, with me self defining as 'having cheated or tricked' - similar, but not exactly the same as the actual definition. When, years later the penny dropped and I realised it was always the same meaning, not two words spelled the same, but with different meanings, I felt a first class twit, having managed to self deceive for a couple of decades!

Otis

I agree with that. But that isn’t due to ‘luck’.
It is unlucky we lost Godden and Walker and not Biamou and Baka. It's unlucky we lost Kelly instead of Allen or Shipley.

Injuries can happen to any player. We have lost some key ones we haven't been able to replace.

Definitely unlucky we lost Godden and Walker rather than Biamou and Baka.

D

Deleted member 11652

It is unlucky we lost Godden and Walker and not Biamou and Baka. It's unlucky we lost Kelly instead of Allen or Shipley.

Injuries can happen to any player. We have lost some key ones we haven't been able to replace.

Definitely unlucky we lost Godden and Walker rather than Biamou and Baka.

Its not unlucky that players who play more are more likely get injured

stay_up_skyblues

Love it - I consider myself reasonably well educated and read a lot, but will confess as a youngster to having invented another word from the word misled, which on occasion, I would read as (sounding like) mysled, with me self defining as 'having cheated or tricked' - similar, but not exactly the same as the actual definition. When, years later the penny dropped and I realised it was always the same meaning, not two words spelled the same, but with different meanings, I felt a first class twit, having managed to self deceive for a couple of decades!

When I first started getting sent down to London occasionally for work years ago I always heard over the Tube tannoy “there’s a goods service on the line” not “there’s a good service on the line”. For ages I couldn’t work out where the sandwich cart was. I twigged on after a few weeks.

mrtrench

Rest bite

Rest bite?!
Classic. Fair play.
Will now enter my volcaburary alongside escaped goat and pedal stool.

Don't forget Chester Draws. Chester is very sensitive.

Interestingly, the French have the same issue with Escaped Goat. The boring bourgeois write "bouc émissaire", however the more poetic write "bouc et mystère" - which translates as "goat and mystery".

Brighton Sky Blue

I only clocked on last year that banoffee pie was a portmanteau of the ingredients

mrtrench

When I first started getting sent down to London occasionally for work years ago I always heard over the Tube tannoy “there’s a goods service on the line” not “there’s a good service on the line”. For ages I couldn’t work out where the sandwich cart was. I twigged on after a few weeks.

What winds me up is when the Tube tannoy asks me to "use all of the available doors". I've never managed more than two before the train takes off. It's not a reasonable request IMO.

mrtrench

Interestingly, the French have the same issue with Escaped Goat. The boring bourgeois write "bouc émissaire", however the more poetic write "bouc et mystère" - which translates as "goat and mystery".

So a bit more on this... I like winding people up sometimes by saying the wrong thing deliberately. So given the opportunity, talking to a frenchie, I would definitely say "bouc et mystère" for a laugh. I've often thought that I might say "salaud" (bastard) instead of "salut" (hi) - but I've never yet had the guts.

However, what I did do once was... when I was in my most senior position at work (many years ago) I had some Deloitte consultants working for me (not a fan of management consultants at all but circumstances and all that...). The senior guy was pretty bright but he was also a consultant through and through. During a one-to-one meeting I once said "speaking metaphysically" instead of "speaking metaphorically" , after having spoken in metaphor, obvs.

Anyway, the thing is that management consultants always want to ingratiate themselves to the client - when pitching they even try to get hold of presentations the client has given themselves so they can copy the style. So for the rest of the meeting the Deloittes guy kept saying "metaphysical" instead of "metaphorical". I thought it was funny at the time.

But then later I wondered if he just thought I was a moron.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I see O’Hare was carrying an injury and that’s why he came off.

Not another one!

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Not another one!

giphy.gif
Are you shocked ? He hasn’t had a rest won’t be any surprise if he was to break down soon too the injury record under robins of the squads is woeful

I wasn’t shocked to see Walker do his calf either that task up front alone took its toll being battered twice a week probably didn’t help Godden either now max is carrying

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Are you shocked ? He hasn’t had a rest won’t be any surprise if he was to break down soon too the injury record under robins of the squads is woeful

I wasn’t shocked to see Walker do his calf either that task up front alone took its toll being battered twice a week probably didn’t help Godden either now max is carrying

You have to go with what you've got, not enough quality in the squad!

fernandopartridge

So a bit more on this... I like winding people up sometimes by saying the wrong thing deliberately. So given the opportunity, talking to a frenchie, I would definitely say "bouc et mystère" for a laugh. I've often thought that I might say "salaud" (bastard) instead of "salut" (hi) - but I've never yet had the guts.

However, what I did do once was... when I was in my most senior position at work (many years ago) I had some Deloitte consultants working for me (not a fan of management consultants at all but circumstances and all that...). The senior guy was pretty bright but he was also a consultant through and through. During a one-to-one meeting I once said "speaking metaphysically" instead of "speaking metaphorically" , after having spoken in metaphor, obvs.

Anyway, the thing is that management consultants always want to ingratiate themselves to the client - when pitching they even try to get hold of presentations the client has given themselves so they can copy the style. So for the rest of the meeting the Deloittes guy kept saying "metaphysical" instead of "metaphorical". I thought it was funny at the time.

But then later I wondered if he just thought I was a moron.

Consultancy, especially for the likes of Deloitte is less about advice but more about positioning and future sales. Awful industry.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Playing that lone role for me done Godden & walker...probably

Godden had his injury be for he joined the club and Walker was done by the Nottingham Forest goalkeeper.

LilleSkyBlue

I think it actually may be pronounced 'myzeld' in some parts - north Lincolnshire or Yorkshire or something? i remember my language tutor at uni telling me that and he was from Gainsborough anyway

fernandopartridge

Funny that, I know the word misled but automatically read it as mysled no matter what.

ccfc92

Bone apple teeth.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm still trying to work out which of our layers is the shape-shifting lizard David icke warns us about.

The amount of times people have said we need to get at teams from the gecko.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Been busy recently

Thought we played well but Watford were poor. We really need to punish teams whoever they are if they are having a bad day at the office.

Played some nice football but our ball retention errors are not improving greatly. There isnt anyone in the squad who you would say yes he is bound to score (maybe Godden on a good run). Yes attention points at Biamou but all the squad should be capable of chipping in with goals.

Somewhat apprehensive about the next 6 games. Fingers crossed we start getting a bit of luck by a goal from a miskick to raise confidence. Its going to be tough

Users who are viewing this thread