Match Thread Coventry v Watford (4 Viewers)

Greggs

I grew up in a family with two severely disabled siblings, I know exactly which way it can be used, which is again why I find it bizarre people are trying to lecture me on it.

I have given a lot of credit to Robins in the past. He has done a remarkable job. That doesn't mean he is exempt from criticism. His use of substitutions is quote: 'retarded'.
Mate, forget about it! At the end of the day - we're all just twats on an internet forum. Don't let it bother you. Enjoy your night

procdoc

Watching the game today it dawned on me that one team was an honest bunch of players doing their best at a level most of them struggle to meet
The other was a group who thought they were playing at a level below themselves who were waiting for someone else in their team to win the game for them
Perfectly summed up

cc84cov

Watching the game today it dawned on me that one team was an honest bunch of players doing their best at a level most of them struggle to meet
The other was a group who thought they were playing at a level below themselves who were waiting for someone else in their team to win the game for them
Hopefully walker is back next sat

Johhny Blue

At the start of the year, your boss tells you that you can't get a pay rise this year (you like your job and you're happy to be there, so you're ok with that). In the middle of the year he then tells you there is a chance of a pay rise after all! So you work your nuts off and do a job deserving of a pay rise, only to be told at the end of the year there's no payrise after all.

Would you be ok with that because at the start of the year you thought you weren't getting one anyway?
You do know this is a football forum right?

Evo1883

There is way too much emotional guff about substitutions on here.
Proper grade a Sunday league shite.
Nobody seems to care that our bench is that depleted and weak that substitutions can make the side even weaker, nobody seems to understand there are 2 men on the sidelines discussing the tactics and changes, not just Robins... Viveash has his input as a number 2..do people think they are thick? Not know or understand their players capabilities or limits?

People think we can bring a couple of lads on to decimate little old Watford and stroll the final stages of the match... It's hilarious

Its mental watching the customary 70th minute make a change meltdown every match despite the game being still in our control...

In that whole match Watford looked dangerous for about 10 minutes, yet on here during the second half you'd think we were falling apart

let Robins and Viveash manage their injury ravaged, low budget squad in a league full of clubs that punch way harder than we do in every department

Last edited:

procdoc

Nobody seems to care that our bench is that depleted and weak that substitutions can make the side even weaker, nobody seems to understand there are 2 men on the sidelines discussing the tactics and changes, not just Robins... Viveash has his input as a number 2..do people think they are thick? Not know or understand their players capabilities or limits?

People think we can bring a couple of lads on to decimate little old Watford and stroll the final stages of the match... It's hilarious

Its mental watching the customary 70th minute make a change meltdown every match despite the game being still in our control...

In that whole match Watford looked dangerous for about 10 minutes, yet on here during the second half you'd think we were falling apart

let Robins and Viveash manage their injury ravaged, low budget squad in a league full of clubs that punch way harder than we do in every department
Agree with this 100%. The only potential match winner on the bench was Gyokores

robbiethemole

taken from the Watford board :-

Good solid result and a clean sheet.

We won't face many sides better than Coventry this season, so to restrict them to a few scrappy chances away from home, is a decent outcome.

We'd all have taken 0-0 before kick off, but it felt like we migh even nick a win.

Still in the playoff places. In possum we trust.

We go again.

Doesn't that make you feel better??? PUSB

fernandopartridge

Good post. Worth pointing out again that the same people often critique individuals on that bench as being not good enough.

Otis

It is one thing that always brings a bit of a wry grin to my face.

A player gets subbed and the fans say the manager is clueless, while not having the slightest idea whether that player who has just been subbed, has a bit of a knock or not, or is carrying an injury, or is just exhausted.

Otis

We are all such experts, despite not having a clue as to some players' fitness, not seeing them in training and not having a clue if they are injured.

cc84cov

But Robins said Gyokeres was really tired too. He looked so leggy when he came on and way off the pace.

Robins got it right.

As I asked mark earlier how much do you want to bed max starts over Gyo next sat ? Name your price

Otis

As I asked mark earlier how much do you want to bed max starts over Gyo next sat ? Name your price
I have no idea. I guess it depends how Gyokeres looks in training and how sharp he is.

If he looks up for it, I would say Gyokeres, but that is just a guess. I have zero idea what is going on inside the club, same as you don't either.

cc84cov

I have no idea. I guess it depends how Gyokeres looks in training and how sharp he is.

If he looks up for it, I would say Gyokeres, but that is just a guess. I have zero idea what is going on inside the club, same as you don't either.
Trust me max will start next week

We leave it too late in games we will probably leave it too late this season

KenilworthSkyBlue

This is what I've often failed to understand from certain posters.

They're consistently berating Robins week after week for failing to utilise substitutions at a particular time within a game, yet fail to grasp the fact that there's limited quality on the bench.

Unfortunately, the reality is, that irrespective of the minute a player is brought on it's relatively unlikely any of our current bench would make any kind of meaningful impact on a game whatsoever if brought on.

It really is quite strange that people seemingly forget that Robins is very limited in what he can do - now more than ever.

cc84cov

This is what I've often failed to understand from certain posters.

They're consistently berating Robins week after week for failing to utilise substitutions at a particular time within a game, yet fail to grasp the fact that there's limited quality on the bench.

Unfortunately, the reality is, that irrespective of the minute a player is brought on it's relatively unlikely any of our current bench would make any kind of meaningful impact on a game whatsoever if brought on.

It really is quite strange that people seemingly forget that Robins is very limited in what he can do - now more than ever.
The correct changes could of won the games against Brum & Forest he’s too cautious at times

KG7

I must admit I groaned when Shipley came on but he made a tackle and did run about a bit today

He tackled Gyokeres in the box.

Everything breaks down when Shipley gets involved at the mo. I would have him nowhere near the first team while we have any other options (Bapaga, Eccles, Jobello etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

So, if MR and AV are no longer our management team who would you "realistically" have in their place and why do you think they would do a better job with the resources available?

So Grendel,
You have had overnight to think about it.
What's the verdict ?

Grendel

Do you honestly really care what that joker thinks about anything ? Do you value his opinion?
mmmmm
So Grendel,
You have had overnight to think about it.
What's the verdict ?

I’ve already stated that you’d carry on if we stay up - the comment is therefore pointless - by definition if we go down then the management team have failed in the survival objective - it’s also pointless to name managers as it’s all about availability, timing and a large slice of fortune that it works

Users who are viewing this thread