Match Thread Coventry v Watford (4 Viewers)

Magwitch

Having McFadz back is okay but who for ? our back three fully fit isn’t the problem any three from the four it’s further up the park where our problems lie, any result for us Saturday is a bonus I don’t expect one to be honest, but Watford will beat most if not all the teams below us sounds like the QPR match was one of those games and Watford nowhere near full strength so as I said anything will do.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Having McFadz back is okay but who for ? our back three fully fit isn’t the problem any three from the four it’s further up the park where our problems lie, any result for us Saturday is a bonus I don’t expect one to be honest, but Watford will beat most if not all the teams below us sounds like the QPR match was one of those games and Watford nowhere near full strength so as I said anything will do.

Our back line is definitely the problem. Without three individual errors from them Tuesday we win 1-0.

PVA

I think Hyam needs a rest.

Not sure whether Rose is fit enough to complete 90 minutes (unlikely I'd guess) though so it'll be Osti/Fadz/Hyam unless he goes 4 at the back then it could be Osti and Fadz.

Mcbean

Another big team 🤣 a bit of luck , a penalty for us and three points - stay positive PUSB

Legia Sky Blue

I think MR will start with the team that started the 2nd half against Forest. Having got those minutes under his belt there would seem little point in sending Rose back to the much less competitive U23 games. If he is not ready for the full 90, then bring on McFadzean after 60 minutes, or whenever its deemed Rose needs to be rested.

Offhegoes

With Sheaf likely out, and the 2nd half performance against Forest he has to go back to the wing back system. I'd bring back iMcFadz to try and deal with Deeney, and Rose for Hyam, but almost certain he won't do that. Therefore....

Marosi
Ostigaard McFadz Hyam
Da Costa James Hamer McCallum
O'Hare
Biamou Gyokeres

Esoterica

The 2nd half against Forest was our entire season in a nutshell. Concede an avoidable goal, have 20 crosses to no-one and not look like actually scoring despite a fair share of possession. Wouldn't be surprised if we have the worst 'cross to goal ratio' in the league.

Going back to 3-5-2 as we play it will force all our play out wide again, neuter O'Hare, limit how many bodies we get forward from midfield and highlight how weak in the air our strikers are.

As you can tell, yesterday's bad feeling about this game is still here :D

Colin Steins Smile

I'm guessing we will play one up front. Not my recommendation, but just my guess. I think he might play Shipley with the thought to support McCallum.

So I think the team will be:
Marosi
Rose Ostigaard Hyam
Da Costa James Hamer McCallum
O'Hare Shipley
Gyokeres

steve101

Interesting that both new signings Reid and Kavares didn't feature at all for the U23s today. I wouldn't be surprised if they both are on the bench for Saturday. Unless they are trying to keep separate bubbles in light of the two COVID cases.

shmmeee

The 2nd half against Forest was our entire season in a nutshell. Concede an avoidable goal, have 20 crosses to no-one and not look like actually scoring despite a fair share of possession. Wouldn't be surprised if we have the worst 'cross to goal ratio' in the league.

Going back to 3-5-2 as we play it will force all our play out wide again, neuter O'Hare, limit how many bodies we get forward from midfield and highlight how weak in the air our strikers are.

As you can tell, yesterday's bad feeling about this game is still here :D

How about:

Maroši
Østigård Rose McFadz McCallum
Hamer James Sheaf
Dacosta Györkeres O’Hare

(not even sure if serious. I think we can make the back four work, but without Sheaf the rest doesn’t look great and it’s be a shame to drop Dacosta after a good performance (I know you don’t think it was but still)

speedie87

I’d play 3421 for this one

gyo up top and ohare and bagpaga in behind. Whenever watched Watford they are quite lazy and don’t close players down and players are left in space feeding it into them two to turn and run at them would be my tactics

Rugby Sky Blue

I had a quick look on their forum and they seem to be suggesting that their manager will change the line up due to injuries.I didn't realise Watford had signed Philip Zinkernagel, he is supposed to be shit hot was statistically something like the 5 most creative player in the Europe last season, a lot of Watford fans suggesting that this is the game they start him in.

PVA

Robins says we only have 20 fit players.

So Reid and Tavares will almost certainly be on the bench

edit: actually having counted up one of them may miss out.

I make it 17 first teamers. Billson will be GK sub so 18, which leaves 2 from Tavares, Reid and Bapaga.

AOM

Robins says we only have 20 fit players.

So Reid and Tavares will almost certainly be on the bench

edit: actually having counted up one of them may miss out.

Are we missing anyone extra since Wednesday? I assume Sheaf is out

Users who are viewing this thread