Coventry v Crewe JPT Official Match Thread (1 Viewer)

TommyAtkins

I predicted a 3-0 win for Crewe. Seemed logical enough.

And of course, the important consideration now is the impact on morale.

A real test of Robins and for Robins to manage

Lordsummerisle: hope you are well?.....

SkyblueBazza

He can look after himself! To be fair didn't realise it would get under his skin so much, and do apologise for that, but he does need to deal with anger issues, a few times he's offered people out over a keyboard on here, very unedifying.

Yes he can be quite prickly...but I guess we all can. I'm no angel & have had the odd run-in with a few people on here (in fact I think Astute might've been one of them). We all need to keep reminding ourselves that there really is positive intent in 99% of posts & we are actually all on the same side.

Astute

He can look after himself! To be fair didn't realise it would get under his skin so much, and do apologise for that, but he does need to deal with anger issues, a few times he's offered people out over a keyboard on here, very unedifying.

That was when someone insulted my eldest lad. All he did wrong was go to a Cov game. Yes I will protect my family. Or do you think I should let people insult my family?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Should have wrapped things up first half. Mix of own errors, greediness, and playing against an in form keeper. Back two looked very nervous second half and were at fault for goals imo. First two played towards Adams side too.

Lost opportunity for us. Thank god out away form is better than our home!

Stats make miserable reading once again, especially set pieces.

lordsummerisle

I predicted a 3-0 win for Crewe. Seemed logical enough.

And of course, the important consideration now is the impact on morale.

A real test of Robins and for Robins to manage

Lordsummerisle: hope you are well?.....

Hi Tommy, fine, just a bit of bad family news today, making me go off on one even more than usual.

Your predictions always been pretty much spot on TA, remember in Coleman's last season when everybody was saying we would be in the play-offs, and you said we wouldn't win any of our last 10 games i think it was.

Absolutely spot on.

As long as nobody does any March to the Arch crap on CWR like before, we still have a chance of the play-offs, but think the start still going to hamstring us.

You still on the Staff College circuit?

covcity4life

how the fuck did we lose that 3-0?

can only be put down to dunn...with murphy we would have lost 1 nil at mnost i feel

and how much longer can we have 15 plus shots on goals and not even score one?

cursed club

TommyAtkins

Hi Tommy, fine, just a bit of bad family news today, making me go off on one even more than usual.

Your predictions always been pretty much spot on TA, remember in Coleman's last season when everybody was saying we would be in the play-offs, and you said we wouldn't win any of our last 10 games i think it was.

Absolutely spot on.

As long as nobody does any March to the Arch crap on CWR like before, we still have a chance of the play-offs, but think the start still going to hamstring us.

You still on the Staff College circuit?

ACSC is still an option for me but it might be a case of accept promotion now but go no further.

Sorry to hear you have had bad family news. I know words often seem banal but genuinely meant.

I just felt there was too much optimism and too many people were ignoring a hard working and cohesive Crewe side.

I put money on Crewe winning 3-0, never dreaming it would be that actual score.nI thought they would sneak a narrow win

SkyblueBazza

how the feck did we lose that 3-0?

can only be put down to dunn...with murphy we would have lost 1 nil at mnost i feel

cursed club

Changing the keeper will probably upset the confidence of at least the defence a little bit but at the same time lift the spirit of the opposition.
It's a tall order now - but we have shown we can score well away from home on our day. Keep the faith as it ain't over yet. We know exactly what we have to do...& they will get nervous - IT AIN'T OVER YET!!!

Astute

how the fuck did we lose that 3-0?

cursed club

Not seen the goals yet. I know they scored from distance. Wouldn't like to comment until I have seen the goals. We have had a bit of luck lately with late goals. We will lose more games before the end of the season. Hopefully this will be our last defeat for a fair few games.

At least it wasn't a league game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
how the feck did we lose that 3-0?

cursed club

Cant blame Dunn. Losing a keeper at Ht always unsettled the pack. We had ample of chances first half that we could t out away. Woody caught up field for one of the goals (i forget which one), Edge cut up too easily, Adams caught wandering. Too many excuses that shouldnt be available to us if we could have converted our own chances

stringyb92

Went to the game and just got back. All the goals we were so sloppy at defending. I was behind the goal so i saw it all unfold. The players ran 50 odd yards without a tackle and we just let them walk on past.

When Dunn come on the confidence just zapped out of me and i wonder if the same happened to the defenders. Either way i dont think he could have done much for the goals. Maybe organise the defence. I dont know.

We looked so threatening going forwards as the stats show, but i dont get how we were so poor defensively

lordsummerisle

ACSC is still an option for me but it might be a case of accept promotion now but go no further.

Sorry to hear you have had bad family news. I know words often seem banal but genuinely meant.

I just felt there was too much optimism and too many people were ignoring a hard working and cohesive Crewe side.

I put money on Crewe winning 3-0, never dreaming it would be that actual score.nI thought they would sneak a narrow win

Thanks Tommy, really appreciate it.

Been brought down by hubris and arrogance tonight(Not so much the team, don't think Robins would allow it), but by a lot of our fans.

More level headed thinking all round will help us more than exaggerated optimism.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thanks Tommy, really appreciate it.

Been brought down by hubris and arrogance tonight(Not so much the team, don't think Robins would allow it), but by a lot of our fans.

More level headed thinking all round will help us more than exaggerated optimism.

Thing is Lord it sucks any interest out of the return which we still have to play. We create an insane number of chances but are so dire putting them away that it will be what costs us success this season-it already has tonight.

lordsummerisle

Thing is Lord it sucks any interest out of the return which we still have to play. We create an insane number of chances but are so dire putting them away that it will be what costs us success this season-it already has tonight.

Sorry BSB, wasn't referring to the return, that's gone, and never had any real interest in it anyway.

More the rest of the season in the league which needs to be concentrated on.

Brighton Sky Blue

It has become a pointless game which we could do without was my point. Herein is where Robins will have to show real mettle to bounce back-and a clinical front line is vital in achieving it.

lordsummerisle

It has become a pointless game which we could do without was my point. Herein is where Robins will have to show real mettle to bounce back-and a clinical front line is vital in achieving it.

See what you mean now, though think all of the JPT games have been pointless to some extent, made us look small time getting so over-excited about it in my opinion.

covcity4life

Cant blame Dunn. Losing a keeper at Ht always unsettled the pack. We had ample of chances first half that we could t out away. Woody caught up field for one of the goals (i forget which one), Edge cut up too easily, Adams caught wandering. Too many excuses that shouldnt be available to us if we could have converted our own chances

Just seen goals on SSN

First one is great finish

Last 2 were totally down to dunn. Terrible goals

Brighton Sky Blue

See what you mean now, though think all of the JPT games have been pointless to some extent, made us look small time getting so over-excited about it in my opinion.

Winning games regardless of competition can only be good for encouraging a winning mentality. The return leg however is virtually irrelevant now with the margin too big to catch up.

D

Deleted member 4439

Can't take anything away from Crewe for exploiting our defensive frailties - they diid a good job on us - but the general opinion in the seats around me, and which I share, seemed to be that Murphy would have saved the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Shame we didn't get that goal - would have loved to hear the roof come off (plastics or not, I thought the atmosphere was excellent). Going to Crewe, but does seem a bit of a chore now.

Hoping on a good win on Sat to set up Bury away.

Users who are viewing this thread