Coventry United FC (1 Viewer)

3D Jase

A brand new club can not just enter the FA pyramid you have to be an established club first .The ambition is to win games and climb the leagues, with the support from fans and the hard work we will be putting in.

Questions...

Hi 3D...Thank you for your response, i have been around the MJPL for a few years my son plays for Hinckley, I would be interested to find out more about the youth side, and your plans...you said you are talking to another local youth set up, can I ask who? Cheers Phil

3D Jase

Nothing concrete but we are proposing to communicate with elite of Coventry unless you know an alternative we should consider.

Steve.B50

I personally wish you all the best and if we are paying at home in Walsall I would rather give you my money.
Hope it goes well.

mark82

Not a criticism by the way. Just wondered the reasoning. I guess you were just told that is where you have to start by the FA.

By the way, please stick at this. Non league football is great regardless how many end up coming to watch you.

Macca

Haven't got time to go through all this so just for my information will this team definitely be up and running next season? Will / is there a website?

mark82

FC United started higher up. Wonder if that was due to expected attendances.

Think I am wrong on this point thinking about it. Although FC United started at equivalent level of Mid Comb premier think it was the lowest possible league for them based on their location.

3D Jase

Not a criticism by the way. Just wondered the reasoning. I guess you were just told that is where you have to start by the FA. <br />
<br />
By the way, please stick at this. Non league football is great regardless how many end up coming to watch you.
<br />
<br />

trueskyblue11

Bottom line is though, do you want people to come or not?

If City fans think about it and have the choice of Sphinx or this new club, then I think most will choose Sphinx. Same colours and a name that they can associate with the city of Coventry.

United lacks imagination and holds no historical link with the city of Coventry.

Change the name and I will almost certainly go.

Seriously you need to get over the name!

trueskyblue11

The explanation, though valid, still isn't an argument really is it. To 'unite' the fans.

Do they not think everyone else who is 'United' originally were called that for the same sort of reasons. Hardly unique. ;)

It is a rubbish name it has to be said. One that lacks imagination and spark.

Think a new club should have a name that stands out from the crowd, rather than become just yet another 'United.'

Coventry Godiva FC would suffice. Loads of names with Coventry connections and pointers to history if you look for them.

Not being funny but its not your team to choose the name of it, your not the businessmen, your not pumping the money in... this jase bloke is so if he wants to call it united then let him unless your guna get your hand out your pocket!

Otis

It has no link to Coventry, it is derivative, boring and plain.

I hate it and a combination of red and united I feel is going to put a number of people off.

Why do I need to get over the name? If I don't like it, I don't like it.

Otis

Not being funny but its not your team to choose the name of it, your not the businessmen, your not pumping the money in... this jase bloke is so if he wants to call it united then let him unless your guna get your hand out your pocket!

But he wants CCFC fans to go and support the team.

The fans are the customers. Aren't the customers views important then? Thought the customers were the most important aspect. Look how many on here have said they dislike the name.

Without fans there is no club.

trueskyblue11

It has no link to Coventry, it is derivative, boring and plain.

I hate it and a combination of red and united I feel is going to put a number of people off.

Why do I need to get over the name? If I don't like it, I don't like it.

Atleast someone is trying rather than sitting and whinging day in day out about the same old rubbish and going round and round on the coventry city merry-go-round that is the circus that we are, as a club we are a laughing stock! we might as well be called waterloo road theres that much drama at this club!

Seymour_East

My 2 Grivnas worth

First time post, so be gentle. As a life time CCFC supporter, in what ever league they play, however disgusted I get by all the moronic officials leading the club, the club is part of me.

To start afresh as other disgusted supporters from other clubs in the past have done is a great idea and the small group putting it all in place should be respected. Neil from the Young Ones once said 'You need to sow the seed, to grow the seed'.

I can not agree with the name, I would prefer something like Coventry Rising FC , rising a synonym for revolt, referring back to the time why the club was set up.

Maybe an idea, if CCFC play in Walsall, that all home support boycott the first game and travel to Coventry United instead, that is if Jase has sorted out the concessions revenue.

In any case, good luck to the new club and it is possible to support two clubs at the same time. I lived in Holland for many years and supported FC Utrecht passionately.

Just my 2 Grivnas worth.

Nothing concrete but we are proposing to communicate with elite of Coventry unless you know an alternative we should consider.

Well there maybe something we could discuss - have a look at the Midland Junior Premier League website, this is a good league with a good standard it can start at Under 12 - (I think) - Coventry Sphinx, Hinckley United, Leamngton FC all have teams in there...this will give you a talent development pipeline as well as added revenue for the club also it will build a club loyalty/allegiance from a young age - this then would become your youth development I am sure this then would open more doors for funding from the Sports Council, Premier League ect...I have some good contacts locally as I have been involved with youth football for the last 10 years, I would be more than happy to discuss further with you if you think it might help, do you have floodlights? Cheers Phil

Hello Phil, Thankyou for the info, any help is useful, yes we do have floodlights.

Then you can also enter a Youth Team into the midweek floodlight league, again a good standard and give the boys a good step up to the first team...it sounds like depending on pitch availability you have a fantastic opportunity to build from the bottom up, obviously having pitches available is important but what other clubs tend to do is rent pitches for the younger teams...the pitches at Coventry and Warwick Universities are very good, but not cheap. I would be happy to help out if you decide to go down the youth route...you maybe too late for next season thou. Coventry has some tremendous talent that has been ignored by CCFC - You would have plenty of lads knocking your door down if you get it right. Cheers Phil.

@richh87

CCFC moving to Walsall under SISU could see the end of the club as we know it. If Appleton accepts a SISU bid, and we end up in their grasp for the next few years then we could find ourselves non-league.

My point is - Coventry Utd, Phinx and the others are not claiming to be CCFC Pheonix clubs. Imagine if the CCFC fans were split amongst these clubs, with the majority choosing not to go to football at all instead. The City of Coventry would be left with no decent club to support (some claim that's been the case a while now).

What I'm getting at is that, if the Administrator accepts a SISU bid then WE SHOULD FORM A PROPER PHEONIX CLUB. One that makes it clear that we are CCFC reborn, and that we lay claim to it's history.

I'm sure that Joe Elliot, Hoffman, and other local businessmen would support us in this.

If Appleton sides with SISU then I would love to get involved!

theferret

This whole thing is a nonsense. A few city fans announce on a Coventry City forum that they are start a brand new club (which by pure coincidence coincides with plans to move Coventry City out of the city for 3 years) but then declare this is not an attempt to set up a breakaway club, and not only that the club will have a name nobody likes and play in colours that are not associated with the city or its sporting heritage in any way. What is the point then?

You can only assume the people involved were all drunk down the pub when they came up with this idea. They have missed a trick - because if they announced plans for a club that the people could identify with they would have support and there would already be a campaign building and media interest. As it is, they are just starting a local football club that will attract mums, dads, wives and mates and pretty much nobody else. In which case, why is this being discussed on a CCFC forum?

This whole thing is a nonsense. A few city fans announce on a Coventry City forum that they are start a brand new club (which by pure coincidence coincides with plans to move Coventry City out of the city for 3 years) but then declare this is not an attempt to set up a breakaway club, and not only that the club will have a name nobody likes and play in colours that are not associated with the city or its sporting heritage in any way. What is the point then?

You can only assume the people involved were all drunk down the pub when they came up with this idea. They have missed a trick - because if they announced plans for a club that the people could identify with they would have support and there would already be a campaign building and media interest. As it is, they are just starting a local football club that will attract mums, dads, wives and mates and pretty much nobody else. In which case, why is this being discussed on a CCFC forum?

Could you be anymore negative...I'm glad you were not around when Willie Stanley was thinking about setting up a club all those years ago...if you have nothing constructive to say why do you bother to post? its not harming you is it? if it fails then so be it but if it works so be it! life's too short mate...chill out kidda.

Otis

Just think he is saying they have missed an opportunity.

The club needs fans and there will be many thousands of fans not going to Walsall, should that move go ahead.

Here was a chance to build a club disenfranchised City fans could identify with.

theferret

Could you be anymore negative...I'm glad you were not around when Willie Stanley was thinking about setting up a club all those years ago...if you have nothing constructive to say why do you bother to post? its not harming you is it? if it fails then so be it but if it works so be it! life's too short mate...chill out kidda.

You are completely missing the point. It will fail, and it will fail because they have got the basics wrong at the very beginning. People are merely pointing out that if they went at this differently it might succeed - that is constructive - but they aren't keen to listen (up to them if they aren't interested in people's opinion, but don't get your knickers in a twist when people question it), and as they keep stressing this is nothing to do with CCFC - why start a PR campaign on a CCFC forum because it will just be dismissed out of hand, especially as there are people out there genuinely interested in the idea of a new club.

Users who are viewing this thread