Coventry United FC (2 Viewers)

3D Jase

Coventry Loyal Football Supports.

Today four Coventry businessmen are pleased to announce investment into an alternative new football club for Coventry.

Coventry United Football Club based at Westwood Heath is an exciting, passionate club with big future plans and high expectations. Work is already underway to recruit additional new football talent to bolster this progressing side.

The committee members have been loyal CCFC supporters for many years and collectively decided to start and support a new Coventry football team from a lower division without any complications, turmoil, uncertainty or distractions allowing us supports to enjoy the football games.

The new team will be based around new talent, club stability, supporters engagement and most importantly proud to be playing in Coventry.
The club is very humble and isn't embarrassed to be starting at the bottom of the Midland Combination League, it has the desire to get promoted year on year, so feel free to come and support CovUtd – its FREE to everyone, donations are always welcome but not compulsory.

Thanks for listening to: OUR Coventry, OUR Team

Coventry United Football Club

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 226

Otis

Crap name.

Needs to be Coventry Phoenix or something entirely new. Maybe even go back to Singers.

I'm only nitpicking here of course, but it has to be something other than Coventry United. Can't see City fans chanting 'United, United.'

Come up with a new name. New identity. Then they might be on to something.

I would urge them to seriously change the name.

hamil99

Facebook User
If sisu are still around nxt yr and move the team out of cov, you could hav a very large following my friend.

quinn1971

Good luck with it.you might be above coventry city sooner than you think.:) you could fill the gap left by coventry sporting all those years ago.you might have to share the fan base with cov sphinx though.

Otis

Can't see any harm in City fans going to watch while the Sky Blues are in Walsall for the next 3 years.

Otis

I would be interested. But as I say, I loathe the name. It conjures up nothing fresh or innovative.

ccfctommy

Crap name.

Needs to be Coventry Phoenix or something entirely new. Maybe even go back to Singers.

I'm only nitpicking here of course, but it has to be something other than Coventry United. Can't see City fans chanting 'United, United.'

Come up with a new name. New identity. Then they might be on to something.

I would urge them to seriously change the name.

Tbh I really don't think its a Phoenix club reading from the press release.

Otis

Why not!

Coventry Sporting, Coventry Singers, or simply call themselves Sky Blue FC.

3D Jase

What the plan is, is to give football fans the chance to watch a new team in the Football League, because the team were established this year, Coventry United FC are raising funds through local sponsors enabling them to establish a fan base and attract up and coming talent such as Brian Ndlovu.

quinn1971

What the plan is, is to give football fans the chance to watch a new team in the Football League, because the team were established this year, Coventry United FC are raising funds through local sponsors enabling them to establish a fan base and attract up and coming talent such as Brian Ndlovu.

Just my opinion but you need to get the fans on your side from day one.you need to get a name the fans will support and get behind.dont think coventry United will get many. Just my opinion but hats off to you for doing something about it.

Evo1883

yes anything but united.
Coventry Sporting or simply Coventry FC ,FC Coventry ,united is wrank

Pusb1

And not the colour red please!... Coventry are Sky Blue... if youre making a breakaway team for fans of CCFC who oppose SISU... at least keep what gives the actual club its identity

Otis

Totally agree with the last two points.

United is just not going to be popular at all and why red?

It should at least incorporate some sky blue or blue in it.

Evo1883

And not the colour red please!... Coventry are Sky Blue... if youre making a breakaway team for fans of CCFC who oppose SISU... at least keep what gives the actual club its identity

i agree,breakaway clubs are formed to give the fans another option when they are not happy with current things at their club.
fc united of manchester for example have a good following that could rival league 2 clubs because they represent manchester united really.
coventry united sounds like a powerleague team at woodlands school,united has zero to do with coventry.
as people have said unless you change united i think you are starting on the backfoot with this project.
FC Coventry ,Singers FC, Coventry sporting
all names im sure the fans would back,i would go to home games when ccfc werent playing at home as i cant get away much,but united is just awful,change it

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Coventry United doesn't sound right. Like others have said, Coventry Singers or Sky Blues FC sound much better.

Couldn't you always just go with Coventry FC?

Otis

It would put me right off going and it also breaks the link.

You would surely want City supporters who are disillusioned with CCFC to go up. If so, what better way than to have some link with that identity.

Otis

Sorry but, I'm out.

Why?

You can still support CCFC. It's not an either or.

If I went up, I would go but have the radio tuned in to CWR so I could listen to the City game at the same time.

This wouldn't mean you have to stop supporting the City. And for many, if and when CCFC came back to Coventry they could then go back up there instead.

Otis

Yep and like I say, it could be just a stop gap.

I will never stop supporting CCFC. It's just that I won't be attending matches for the next 3 years.

Evo1883

infact as you came here to tell us and this forum is full of season ticket holders really ,why didnt you come here ,ask nick to arrange a poll for a club name and colours and you would of been on to a winner from the start,you would have had the fans behind you before the club was formed

Marty

If we move out of the city even for just a short time, I don't think I'd ever go to another CCFC game.

I don't like the name, but I don't think we'd need to replicate CCFC in colour, I think Red is a good choice and I've read a while back that Red is the most successful colour to wear. The badge is nice too. :p

Edit: wouldn't mind a Yellow & black Dortmund style kit.

Users who are viewing this thread