Coventry United FC (2 Viewers)

3D Jase

We are not here to rival Coventry City, it's a team based on the fans actually having a say on how things are run, and a chance to see a new and innovative football club in Coventry.

Bassman

Name and colours should reflect some element of our history....

Coventry Phoenix, Coventry Singers, Coventry Bantams, Sky Blue, Green & red quarters... all good suggestions....

Chocolate brown anyone? ;-)

tehspecialone

Facebook User
We are not here to rival Coventry City, it's a team based on the fans actually having a say on how things are run, and a chance to see a new and innovative football club in Coventry.

And the fans are all saying they don't want it to be called Coventry United.

Otis

If we move out of the city even for just a short time, I don't think I'd ever go to another CCFC game.

I don't like the name, but I don't think we'd need to replicate CCFC in colour, I think Red is a good choice and I've read a while back that Red is the most successful colour to wear. The badge is nice too. :p

Edit: wouldn't mind a Yellow & black Dortmund style kit.

I'm more annoyed with the name than the colours. The colours aren't quite so important, but if they had blue then City fans could go up in their sky blue.

3D Jase

And not the colour red please!... Coventry are Sky Blue... if youre making a breakaway team for fans of CCFC who oppose SISU... at least keep what gives the actual club its identity
<br />
<br />
Please we are not making a break away team. We are creating a team that CCFC fans can come and support aswell. We are all CCFC season ticket holders.

ccfctommy

For the second time, you do realise this isn't a Coventry City breakaway club right?

Good luck to them.

Otis

Yes, course we realise that.

If you are creating something new though then don't call it 'United.'

I really think if you come up with a new name you will have a much better following.

United just is so overused and any City fans who do go will not be chanting 'United' I feel.

Otis

I think you'll find Coventry Sphinx aren't a rival, they still play in sky blue though.

stupot07

Which is a very fair point.

Westwood Heath appeals to me as it is closer than going over to the back end of Binley Road.

Sphinx is pretty close to the city centre, just around the corner from the bulls head.

Otis

<br />
<br />
Please we are not making a break away team. We are creating a team that CCFC fans can come and support aswell. We are all CCFC season ticket holders.

Bottom line is though, do you want people to come or not?

If City fans think about it and have the choice of Sphinx or this new club, then I think most will choose Sphinx. Same colours and a name that they can associate with the city of Coventry.

United lacks imagination and holds no historical link with the city of Coventry.

Change the name and I will almost certainly go.

quinn1971

I would think they would have to start in the cov alliance proe their worth first.

Was thinking that . That's where sphinx started.alot of promotion party's to come :) higher you go the more fans will come.look where Yeovil are.good luck with it.

3D Jase

We are a Club with big ambitions, and all that we want is support for our new team, it is going to be a club for the fans. The colour red was agreed with the 4 of us and the players.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why?

You can still support CCFC. It's not an either or.

If I went up, I would go but have the radio tuned in to CWR so I could listen to the City game at the same time.

This wouldn't mean you have to stop supporting the City. And for many, if and when CCFC came back to Coventry they could then go back up there instead.

I just don't have the enthusiasm for it, never have, never will.

Personally, I think this new CUFC will go nowhere because there won't be support for it, and I don't like the idea of taking CCFC fans away from CCFC.

If worst came to worst, I'd play Rugby instead or just work on Saturdays.

quinn1971

We are a Club with big ambitions, and all that we want is support for our new team, it is going to be a club for the fans. The colour red was agreed with the 4 of us and the players.

Why not then .its your team you can do what you want.every club had to start somewhere. I'll come and watch when the city aren't playing.ive got no interest in cov sphinx.. Good luck with it.once your settled start a few kids and youth teams up.loads of pitches up westwood heath to use.

Last edited:

Samo

I'd go for Coventry Phoenix or Coventry FC.
I would be interested and I know of an empty stadium you could play in!
I would feel like I was cheating though and if I'm honest, as soon as SISU's claws are out of CCFC, I'd be straight back to my club.
I have no problem with a change of colour. A new club should have it's own identity.

Users who are viewing this thread