Coventry transfer deadline day (2 Viewers)

better days

Pretty poor by BS. I guess he's been badly advised to do that - like the horrible mercenaries in the Premier League who try to force a move
This would have been common knowledge around everyone at the club before kick off
The guys from the local radio get some unfair stick. They will know a lot more than us as they talk to the staff and have access behind the scenes
It would be disloyal to put the manager on the spot in after match interviews if they've been given confidential info
It's not as if they are cynical hacks from Fleet St wanting a story ay any cost so they can win awards and further their careers

AFCCOVENTRY

Rumours this morning of Sherwin Seedorf coming from Wolves on loan as part of any Stevenson deal. A winger.

Craig Davies has rejected another L2 club stating he wants to stay in L1.

RoboCCFC90

Rumours this morning of Sherwin Seedorf coming from Wolves on loan as part of any Stevenson deal. A winger.

Craig Davies has rejected another L2 club stating he wants to stay in L1.

Strangley I heard this last night, mentioned it in the pub when I heard the rumour and it's just taken off, not sure how reliable the information is.

Three goals, three assists in ten U23 games for Wolves..

Hobo

I have a soft spot for Geoff Foster, based on the fact that he seems like a forgetful character from a sitcom, but let's face it, he's no Jeremy Paxman when it comes to asking questions. It's as if he's afraid of asking anything that might offend, despite the fact that he's supposed to be a journalist.

Jeremy Paxton just keeps shouting questions at people before they have chance to finish any answers, so you still don't get the answers. Totally overrated if you ask me.

Otis

Jeremy Paxton just keeps shouting questions at people before they have chance to finish any answers, so you still don't get the answers. Totally overrated if you ask me.
So what we probably need is a Geoff Paxman, or Jeremy Foster.

Seamus1

If its a striker from Scotland, then,I believe it is Lawrence shankland from Ayr utd....
16 goals in 18 games according to Wikipedia...quite a strike rate, and only 22. Not sure which level Scottish third tier is comparable with in England

Although, if it's not Leigh Griffiths some people might go into meltdown

SlowerThanPlatt

16 goals in 18 games according to Wikipedia...quite a strike rate, and only 22. Not sure which level Scottish third tier is comparable with in England

I’d say the top teams like Ayr are Conference level at absolute best. Th lower teams are more 6th/7th tier

SkyBlueCRJ

I'd say it would be the equivalent the national-league-north if I had to guess. But with a strike rate like that sign him up!

SkyBlueCRJ

Think that deserves a thread of debate it's self!

I'd imagine the range would be anything from 500k with add ons to 1.5M in some peoples eyes

I think 500K would be accurate. But, with Stevenson having a few year left on his contract, the ball is effectively in our court. Bare in mind Wolves aren't afraid to pack a punch in the transfer market. They've broken records in the transfer window for the Championship, so realistically there's nothing to say we won't get north of £1 million if we decided to stick our heels in the ground.

steve82

I think 500K would be accurate. But, with Stevenson having a few year left on his contract, the ball is effectively in our court. Bare in mind Wolves aren't afraid to pack a punch in the transfer market. They've broken records in the transfer window for the Championship, so realistically there's nothing to say we won't get north of £1 million if we decided to stick our heels in the ground.

500k with add ons was my initial thought, but that's poor when you think we was reportedly knocking back 1.5m offers last year which he's nowhere near currently.

A lot of ability, bright future ahead of him but not in the form he's shown 12 months ago, well down the order here now but he's so much potential.

750k would likely be acceptable to both parties with smaller add ons on his current form.

Interesting topic tho

Otis

Whoberley Girls Under 12's, Second 11.

That's about the level.

fernandopartridge

Strangley I heard this last night, mentioned it in the pub when I heard the rumour and it's just taken off, not sure how reliable the information is.

Three goals, three assists in ten U23 games for Wolves..

Hardly impressive compared to what some of our own u23s have done.

RoboCCFC90

Hardly impressive compared to what some of our own u23s have done.

This is my thinking, I am unsure that Seedorf would eclipse what we have now - so what would be the point?

If we are signing Shankland then his record this season would suggest he is capable to add to what we have immediately.

RoboCCFC90

Anthony Stokes left Hibs last night, a player in the mold of what we need?

SkyBlueCRJ

500k with add ons was my initial thought, but that's poor when you think we was reportedly knocking back 1.5m offers last year which he's nowhere near currently.

A lot of ability, bright future ahead of him but not in the form he's shown 12 months ago, well down the order here now but he's so much potential.

750k would likely be acceptable to both parties with smaller add ons on his current form.

Interesting topic tho

Yeah I was being ambitious and talking upfront fee but maybe I was too ambitious; regardless though I'd hope the up front fee would be fairly significant as he's a talented player - I'd be disappointed if the upfront fee was comparative to that of Cian Harries'.

Exactly, looking back it's clear we dug our heels in far too much when Brentford came knocking but that's football. He was in excellent form last season and many thought he'd progress at the rate of Maddison - perhaps further. He's been unlucky this season with the tenacity of Doyle and the rise of Bayliss. He's still a big talent even if he can't get into our side - but at the end of the day he's not a league 2 footballer.

I agree. Anything between 500-750K plus add-ons would be great for both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread