Coventry supprters club (20 Viewers)

clint van damme

any coincidence moz is kicking off at a time cov go top of the table?

doom and gloom is good for business

to suggest Moz doesn't want what's best for the team and wants to somehow detract from our great start is frankly nonsense.
It's just a silly slur from the flip side of the ones arseholes like Johnson and kalns band about.

CJ_covblaze

And to do this we need the owners of the only stadium to come back around the table.

That isn’t going to happen whilst they hold all the cards.

We need them to feel uncomfortable, we need initiatives backed by the “biggest supporter” to make life hard, not standing there applauding them for kicking us out of the stadium.

The trust know dam well that the point holding this all up is the ridiculous request that we indemnify their losses.

Why no public declaration that this is unacceptable and unworkable?

I agree pretty much with everything you’ve said.

Nick

Administrator
With regards to Wasps no one on the board have had any sort of relationship with them aside from meeting their officials like we have done with CCC, SISU, CCFC and the EFL.

As well as both being involved with Hoffman, of course ;)

Reactions: vow

CJ_covblaze

So again I ask you - why isn’t there any anti wasps sentiment or protests backed by the trust

Why will the trust not condemn Wasps presence

Why will the trust not back any action to try to force wasps back round the table
The above should be happening.

clint van damme

That’s the most important thing isn’t it? I want SISU out and Wasps to leave but right now those two things are nowhere near as important as having our club playing in it’s community.

CJ, do you not think a large scale trust endorsed demonstration against wasps would not put pressure on them to get back round the table?

I honestly believe it would be the most effective protest we could do, interested to hear your thoughts on it.

edit - you've pretty much answered above.

Liquid Gold

That’s the most important thing isn’t it? I want SISU out and Wasps to leave but right now those two things are nowhere near as important as having our club playing in it’s community.
If you want a club to play in it's community maybe letting one that was ripped away from its community get away without a whimper isn't the best way of making the point.

Liquid Gold

And to do this we need the owners of the only stadium to come back around the table.

That isn’t going to happen whilst they hold all the cards.

We need them to feel uncomfortable, we need initiatives backed by the “biggest supporter” to make life hard, not standing there applauding them for kicking us out of the stadium.

The trust know dam well that the point holding this all up is the ridiculous request that we indemnify their losses.

Why no public declaration that this is unacceptable and unworkable?
Fucking basics but they'd rather sit there pumping out aims and objectives statements.

NorthernWisdom

maybe Boddy was pressured by wasps with veiled threats about protests affecting talks - maybe?
I'd ask who benefits for us to be out the city?

Wasps? Well according to received logic on here, they need our cash.

CCC? Well with city of sport and city of culture around, it's not a great look!

CCFC? Well they need bigger gates and more embedding in the community.

So who's left...? And who has a track record of removing a sports club to try and benefit themselves?

Liquid Gold

So who's left...? And who has a track record of removing a sports club to try and benefit themselves?
Erm, Wasps. Sisu took us to Northampton to break the lease for the club. It never benefited them and actually cost them millions of pounds.

Reactions: vow

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I find it interesting that it wasn't the Wasps side who were worried about protests affecting negotiations...

Well when Dave Boddy and the club come out and say that publically I’ll believe it.

If it affects negotiations - then the questions need to be why are wasps changing terms now we’re protesting them?

CJ_covblaze

@CJ_covblaze I get you’re probably more liberal than most ( more than me and @covcity4life on one end and Johnson and neil White on the other)

But if these are your views - why are they being totally disregarded on the trust board

Just because it’s what others and I on the Trust board want doesn’t mean we’re in the majority. The views of the membership matter more than mine or anyone else on the board anyway. I would suggest (appreciate) that if you feel differently email your ideas and thoughts in. That’s the best way to make things happen. [email protected]. Anyway I’ve got a swimming pool and the sun to enjoy. Signing out for now.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Just saying - There’s a hedge fund that recently removed a London Rugby club to Coventry to benefit themselves

Liquid Gold

Just because it’s what others and I on the Trust board want doesn’t mean we’re in the majority. The views of the membership matter more than mine or anyone else on the board anyway. I would suggest (appreciate) that if you feel differently email your ideas and thoughts in. That’s the best way to make things happen.
But I'm a member and have never been asked my views. Invited to a pub back room 100 miles away yes but as I can't attend I don't matter.

covcity4life

to suggest Moz doesn't want what's best for the team and wants to somehow detract from our great start is frankly nonsense.
It's just a silly slur from the flip side of the ones arseholes like Johnson and kalns band about.
ok i am not allowed an opinion. noted

good luck with your trust application

clint van damme

giphy.gif

what does that even mean?

NorthernWisdom

Well when Dave Boddy and the club come out and say that publically I’ll believe it.
Let's hope he doesn't try to dissuade Wasps protests in the future then.

Based on RFC's position at the club, and also his posts on here and twitter, do you reckon the warning about a protest jeopardising ongoing talks about a return to the Ricoh Arena would come from Wasps?

Now my view is, if people want to dissuade you from having a protest, you double your efforts to have a protest so... bring it on.

CJ_covblaze

But I'm a member and have never been asked my views. Invited to a pub back room 100 miles away yes but as I can't attend I don't matter.

I’ve asked for people to email them on countless occasions. If you send them over I will pass them on. I can assure you of that. If you can do it in the next couple of hours I’ll forward it to the board in time for tonight.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thing is even if you gave alternative views to Johnson and White it’ll be disregarded. You only have to look at how @Grendel’s data was taken.

@CJ_covblaze thanks for the email, I’ll look to send you my thoughts. But away from football - what you doing with a bunch of squabbling blokes in the internet? Get to the pool and have a couple of Red Stripes!

Liquid Gold

I’ve asked for people to email them on countless occasions. If you send them over I will pass them on. I can assure you of that. If you can do it in the next couple of hours I’ll forward it to the board in time for tonight.
Yeah like I've spent countless time over the last year presenting you with ideas and suggestions and input that was point blank ignored. I ain't wasting my time anymore. You as an organisation show you are changing or you can fuck off (not you personally CJ).

Liquid Gold

Let's hope he doesn't try to dissuade Wasps protests in the future then.

Based on RFC's position at the club, and also his posts on here and twitter, do you reckon the warning about a protest jeopardising ongoing talks about a return to the Ricoh Arena would come from Wasps?

Now my view is, if people want to dissuade you from having a protest, you double your efforts to have a protest so... bring it on.
I still think the MK away date would be the perfect time to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread