Coventry Council-City Fans bollox. (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Nicest thing you have ever said.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Your

chiefdave

I square it as a bunch of people who, in their personal dealings with Sisu and with the legal advice they’re given, didn’t think handing over millions of pounds of tax payer assets to an organisation without a track record of doing public good was a good idea either for Coventry City or the city of Coventry.
You’ve got the nail on the head there, albeit I suspect unintentionally. Individuals who let their personal dealings with SISU override everything else.

Out of interest when they sold it to Wasps what track record of doing public good did they have? I would suggest even contemplating moving a club across the country puts them lower than SISU.

Nick

Administrator
Lots of us go a lot less than we used to, for many reasons.

We're still fans.

That being said, I do wonder how much damage was done to Lucas's position. Guess we'll never know.

I am trying to figure out how bothered they are.

I used to go to lots of pubs when I was younger, if I then started acting bothered if it was at risk of being closed down if I hadn't been in there for years it wouldn't really wash.

NorthernWisdom

The other thing I'd like to know the answer to, but never will, is why the vote to sell to Wasps was unanimous. That's very unusual, and certainly wasn't the case when it came to building the Ricoh!

There's nothing in what's been released that would suggest it'd end up a unanimous decision, but there must certainly have been *something* to tip everyone into voting that way.

Everyone. Not one dissenter.

skyblueinBaku

The other thing I'd like to know the answer to, but never will, is why the vote to sell to Wasps was unanimous. That's very unusual, and certainly wasn't the case when it came to building the Ricoh!

There's nothing in what's been released that would suggest it'd end up a unanimous decision, but there must certainly have been *something* to tip everyone into voting that way.

Everyone. Not one dissenter.
Are votes 'whipped' in local politics?

chiefdave

The other thing I'd like to know the answer to, but never will, is why the vote to sell to Wasps was unanimous. That's very unusual, and certainly wasn't the case when it came to building the Ricoh
Going in to the meeting the local media was reporting it would be a close vote. There was then a meeting, I believe Wasps were present, that the public were not allowed to attend at which no minutes or other record was made. Following that the vote switched to unanimous. Not suspicious in the slightest!

Grendel

Sorry, can I clarify that you mean this was told to Seppala's face?

Probably - the imbecile Mutton I used to have the misfortune to sit near. He said on several occasions “they will never get hold of MY ground” - councillors essentially are failed politicians. I’ve met many and they are thick, bigoted and arrogant - a toxic mix.

Fergusons_Beard

Not everyone thinks that giving the Ricoh to Sisu (not CCFC) is the best thing for the club or the city.

That doesn’t make them not a city fan, it makes them a city fan with a different opinion to you. Get over it.

No Schmmee you’re wrong.

Take you blinkers off. What is wrong with giving back the Ricoh to the very club it was built for?

By not SELLING back the Ricoh to City and by selling it to a Rugby Club the council’s decision have led us to this point.

You’re delusional if you think that any supporter of a football club would sell their own stadium to a Rugby club from London-whatever the mitigating factors.

There’s no argument in the world that would persuade me to do it and that isn’t opinion it’s a fact.

Let’s flip this for a minute. Say the council did sell the Ricoh back to the club-what do you think would have happened? Would the world cease to exist if CCFC actually played in the stadium that was actually built for them!

The council have done wrong over CCFC-as have lots of others.

But when you finally take your blinkers off and see that the so called City fans would make a decision that harms our football club over some petty bollocks it’ll be too fuckin late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

Not everyone thinks that giving the Ricoh to Sisu (not CCFC) is the best thing for the club or the city.

That doesn’t make them not a city fan, it makes them a city fan with a different opinion to you. Get over it.

One more thing-can anyone on here tell me of the benefit to the people of Coventry or the City by selling the stadium to a London Rugby Club?

What was the benefit of NOT selling to CCFC?

Nick

Administrator
No Schmmee you’re wrong.

Take you blinkers off. What is wrong with giving back the Ricoh to the very club it was built for?

By not SELLING back the Ricoh to City and by selling it to a Rugby Club the council’s decision have led us to this point.

You’re delusional if you think that any supporter of a football club would sell their own stadium to a Rugby club from London-whatever the mitigating factors.

There’s no argument in the world that would persuade me to do it and that isn’t opinion it’s a fact.

Let’s flip this for a minute. Say the council did sell the Ricoh back to the club-what do you think would have happened? Would the world cease to exist if CCFC actually played in the stadium that was actually built for them!

The council have done wrong over CCFC-as have lots of others.

But when you finally take your blinkers off and see that the so called City fans would make a decision that harms our football club over some petty bollocks it’ll be too fuckin late.

At the time there was outrage at the thought of CCFC or SISU owning it because of the debt that would be loaded against it.

Those concerns soon changed.

Captain Dart

chiefdave

No Schmmee you’re wrong.

The fear was SISU would use it as security to borrow money to pay themselves back. In fact there was council meeting notes on their website saying this must never be allowed to happen.

Funnily enough Wasps did exactly that and the council weren’t concerned in the slightest.

Find it hard to believe a contract couldn’t have been drawn up tying ownership of the stadium to the football club to prevent SISU doing anything underhand.

Fergusons_Beard

Bump.

I give you Skyblues supporter of 57 years John Mutton.

Leader of the council when ccc sold to wasps.

Interesting read on CCC ethics complaint by SISU in 2016.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www...-city-council-cleared-wrongdoing-10968544.amp

Sisu also questioned whether Coun Mutton had adequately declared his interests ahead of the talks due to the fact he was a trustee of the Alan Higgs Centre Trust, which had been born out of the Alan Edward Higgs Charity - the charity which owned 50 per cent of ACL at the time, along with Coventry City Council.

Mr Goacher said there had been a technical breach in relation to this, but the fact there was no financial interest attached meant this was a minor point.

Sisu also alleged that the council's move to sanction a £14.4million loan from the council to ACL had undermined negotiations over acquiring a share of ACL and the decision not been made objectively and had been fuelled by the council's dislike of Sisu.

But Mr Goacher said their actions appear to have only been driven by "the desire to protect their commercial interest in ACL".

Hmmmm

Nick

Administrator
Not sure the ethics committee means anything when their usual trick is "we have seen they have broken rules, therefore the rules will be changed".

Users who are viewing this thread