Coventry Council-City Fans bollox. (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Throughout all the shit between all the involved parties one thing has been consistent-that is the key players in the council namely Lucas,
Duggins and Ridley say that they are Coventry City fans.

It’s another aspect of this whole sordid affair that really pisses me off.

If any of us were in their shoes it wouldn’t have gone this far.

We wouldn’t have sold the ground built for Coventry City football team to a rugby club from London.

We would have given the profits of the land sale from TESCO to the Football Club. (Or at least shared them!)

We wouldn’t be celebrating Coventry as a City of sport while watching action less as the clubs 136 history teeters on the brink of collapse.

We wouldn’t have backtracked on statements made that tied the sale of the the ground build for the football club to the ongoing future of CCFC or Coventry RUFC.

If COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL were Coventry City FC fans they wouldn’t have let personal agendas get in the way of supporting there football team. They would have seen past the short termism and realised that SISU wouldn’t have been here forever.

Owners come and go but football teams always stay constant. How many owners have we had in 136 years?

As fans of CCFC we would never had even considered any of the above. We would have never let it go this far. Any sane fan would never jeopardise our 136 year history because of their hatred towards our owners.

It’s time for Coventry City Council to start being Coventry City Supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
It would be interesting to know how many just go up and watch us play and get on with it and how many turn up when they get a free box and meal etc.

tisza

It would be interesting to know how many just go up and watch us play and get on with it and how many turn up when they get a free box and meal etc.
Lucas used to go as a season ticket holder but had a wobbler about King signing. Tbf fair enough.

NorthernWisdom

I actually think that turned her against the club. She got some unfair abuse for refusing to go when we signed Kind but her actions since then have been nothing short of vindictive.

Yup. The vitriol she got then for her views was disgusting, and the way the club let the manager at the time ridicule her was utterly shameful.

It would be very sad indeed, on a number of levels, if that were to have coloured later actions, however. I fear it has got personal, between them all, and that's going to cost us.

Nick

Administrator
I forget the Marlon King season sometimes. Hell of a player but what a cloud of unpleasantness that hung over everything, songs in support of his sexual assault in particular.

Then the same crowd singing the opposite when he played against us.

When King went, Lucas said she was renewing and going back to supporting CCFC anyway ;)

Sky Blue Pete

I think you make an excellent point Ferguson. Because of it I really do think you should consider that they are huge fans of the club and therefore what would make them take actions that have ultimately put the very existence of the club in jeopardy.

I know as I’ve spoken to Ann a number of times and John a few that they thought they could get Sisu to leave but I genuinely think they feel they can do nothing as supporters and the whole situation has to run it’s course and they cannot stop Sisu as owners doing whatever they like with our club. On that I think they are right.

What do you think?

Fergusons_Beard

I think you make an excellent point Ferguson. Because of it I really do think you should consider that they are huge fans of the club and therefore what would make them take actions that have ultimately put the very existence of the club in jeopardy.

I know as I’ve spoken to Ann a number of times and John a few that they thought they could get Sisu to leave but I genuinely think they feel they can do nothing as supporters and the whole situation has to run it’s course and they cannot stop Sisu as owners doing whatever they like with our club. On that I think they are right.

What do you think?

Pete what I think is that they should never have got into that ‘get rid of SISU’ mindset in the first place.

Their job (as councillors) is a duty to the people of Coventry and their constituents. Like I said in my OP we’ve had 136 years and many owners with no interference from the council.

Yes they saved the club when the Ricoh deal went tits up but since then their underhand dealings have been nothing short of scandalous.

This is completely at odds with being a supporter of our club.

I really feel that they now need to swallow their pride, stop letting personal interests (there are definitely some) & vendettas cloud their judgement and start becoming the fans of CCFC that they purport to be.

RegTheDonk

I thought she stopped going when they said she couldn't smoke her usual dose of 40 Woodbines from her seat!
Nah, it was when they told her you couldn't bring your booze to your seat. Probably couldn't break the habbit of watching sport on the TV up the Coach Makers.

Seriously though, 2019 city of sport? Its an absolute joke, the council should be ashamed and the Deputy Lord Mayor should be doing everything in her power to pressure WASPs for at the very least a short term extension.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete what I think is that they should never have got into that ‘get rid of SISU’ mindset in the first place.

Their job (as councillors) is a duty to the people of Coventry and their constituents. Like I said in my OP we’ve had 136 years and many owners with no interference from the council.

Yes they saved the club when the Ricoh deal went tits up but since then their underhand dealings have been nothing short of scandalous.

This is completely at odds with being a supporter of our club.

I really feel that they now need to swallow their pride, stop letting personal interests (there are definitely some) & vendettas cloud their judgement and start becoming the fans of CCFC that they purport to be.

Again I think you make an excellent couple of points but what do you think they can do? They were / are huge fans of the club John and Ann had season tickets for decades so they were / are honestly. So what do you think led them to do it? And what can they practically do to stop Sisu destroying what’s left?

Nick

Administrator
Again I think you make an excellent couple of points but what do you think they can do? They were / are huge fans of the club John and Ann had season tickets for decades so they were / are honestly. So what do you think led them to do it? And what can they practically do to stop Sisu destroying what’s left?

They could probably stop trying to join in sticking the boot into the club.

Least they can go to wasps and get VIP now.

Sky Blue Pete

And thank you for engaging beyond petty crap

Sky Blue Pete

Nah, it was when they told her you couldn't bring your booze to your seat. Probably couldn't break the habbit of watching sport on the TV up the Coach Makers.

Seriously though, 2019 city of sport? Its an absolute joke, the council should be ashamed and the Deputy Lord Mayor should be doing everything in her power to pressure WASPs for at the very least a short term extension.
Do you genuinely think they are doing nothing privately to try and make it possible? I don’t know they are

D

Deleted member 2477

Throughout all the shit between all the involved parties one thing has been consistent-that is the key players in the council namely Lucas,
Duggins and Ridley say that they are Coventry City fans.

It’s another aspect of this whole sordid affair that really pisses me off.

If any of us were in their shoes it wouldn’t have gone this far.

We wouldn’t have sold the ground built for Coventry City football team to a rugby club from London.

We would have given the profits of the land sale from TESCO to the Football Club. (Or at least shared them!)

We wouldn’t be celebrating Coventry as a City of sport while watching action less as the clubs 136 history teeters on the brink of collapse.

We wouldn’t have backtracked on statements made that tied the sale of the the ground build for the football club to the ongoing future of CCFC or Coventry RUFC.

If COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL were Coventry City FC fans they wouldn’t have let personal agendas get in the way of supporting there football team. They would have seen past the short termism and realised that SISU wouldn’t have been here forever.

Owners come and go but football teams always stay constant. How many owners have we had in 136 years?

As fans of CCFC we would never had even considered any of the above. We would have never let it go this far. Any sane fan would never jeopardise our 136 year history because of their hatred towards our owners.

It’s time for Coventry City Council to start being Coventry City Supporters.

They support whoever greases their slippery palms with gold

RegTheDonk

Do you genuinely think they are doing nothing privately to try and make it possible? I don’t know they are
No Pete, unfortunately I don't think they are making any effort in private. I think the club's recent press releases show almost desperation to turn blame solely on the other parties - they've got us by the balls and can afford to wait for the club to blink or go bust, claiming the same old leagals strapline. Crying shame. Would love to be wrong and find there's a Westminster like tunnel between the Ricoh and Ryton.

Sky Blue Pete

Was that treatment reserved for wasps?
Well it wasn’t nothing was it? I’m sort of playing devils advocate cause I think it’s outrageous that we are possibly witnessing the end of our club but I am genuinely interested what you think they are doing now to put the boot in

Nick

Administrator
Well it wasn’t nothing was it? I’m sort of playing devils advocate cause I think it’s outrageous that we are possibly witnessing the end of our club but I am genuinely interested what you think they are doing now to put the boot in

They are more interested in saving an Aldi...

Maybe Duggins is a lifelong Aldi fan.

Nick

Administrator
COme on nick you can do better than that. Discuss engage. In what way are they sticking the boot in? And what do you expect them to do. Have you spoken to your councillor?

Discuss.... They are more interested in saving an Aldi. That's fact isn't it?

They stick the boot in because they think that hammering CCFC with Wasps is getting at SISU. The same as when you said "Ann and John" tried everything they could to get rid of SISU, that's ended up to the detriment of CCFC.

How smug is Dugging being at the minute with his "public relations" and mocking Boddy?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Discuss.... They are more interested in saving an Aldi. That's fact isn't it?

They stick the boot in because they think that hammering CCFC with Wasps is getting at SISU. The same as when you said "Ann and John" tried everything they could to get rid of SISU, that's ended up to the detriment of CCFC.

How smug is Dugging being at the minute with his "public relations" and mocking Boddy?
Aldi is probably something they can affect

They clearly felt they could engineer a change of owners they were wrong

What’s he doing? Is this the 4 year comment? Or more?

What do you think they can do? And now is what I mean not different things years ago

BackRoomRummermill

The council are there to serve the needs of the people of Coventry in all levels and activities

In this case the council have dramatically failed the people of Coventry .

The council here should be the go between, they are happy to let the Coventry City ship sink with all hands on deck irrespective of who is to blame , the attitude to the situation is very unhelpful , funny old thing is those same councillors would be the first on the TV if CCFC ever succeeded claiming credit.

Thousands of Coventarians watch or would potentially watch the community club , I just can’t believe it , I am not going to get into politics but many have passed away before us spending decades watching the club in ups and downs , no respect shown here , just let the club die attitude . Terrible

HELP

chiefdave

What do you think they can do? And now is what I mean not different things years ago
People can't have it both ways.

If, as people are saying, the council has no current involvement with Wasps or the Ricoh then they should be doing everything they can to bring the two parties together and get talks moving forward. If the two sides won't talk to each other the council can act as a go between.

Alternatively if the council are still involved and have influence then clearly they are in a position to assist.

It is simply not acceptable to stand by and do nothing, and even worse actively refuse the clubs requests for meetings.

win9nut

People can't have it both ways.

If, as people are saying, the council has no current involvement with Wasps or the Ricoh then they should be doing everything they can to bring the two parties together and get talks moving forward. If the two sides won't talk to each other the council can act as a go between.

Alternatively if the council are still involved and have influence then clearly they are in a position to assist.

It is simply not acceptable to stand by and do nothing, and even worse actively refuse the clubs requests for meetings.
My thoughts exactly

Users who are viewing this thread