Coventry City will die if we stay at the Ricoh - Fisher (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Insults ah so you don't understand the difference between, observation 'warped mind'. opinion ' pathetic' or statement of fact 'slagger off'

Well my observation is you are a ccfc hating troll just an opinion based on your posting history of course.

Grendel

cloughie

Well my observation is you are a ccfc hating troll just an opinion based on your posting history of course.

well your observations are usually contain blatant lies ,,,,,,no change here then

My consciense is clear with supporting the Sky Blues for 50 years home and away,
However you are obviously superior ............in your own mind.
Now resorting to insults are you, what does that say about you?

Grendel

Here come the insults as they always do when you get caught out bullshitting. Are they supposed to hurt? All they do is show you to be the childish idiot we all know you can be.

It's you making accusations regarding what I said with zero evidence - not me

Astute

It's you making accusations regarding what I said with zero evidence - not me
Zero evidence?

Just about everyone that was using this site when you said it will remember. And then at a later date youtried to say that you never said it. So I found it and showed it on the thread. And as usual when someone proves you to be bullshitting you then kept away from that thread.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
But if you're being milked for every penny to the point its virtually impossible to turn a profit whats the point? The hospitality is a prime example. Make the club pay practically retail price and pay for all covers required or not. Would be very surprised if there's not numerous matches this season where we actually lose money by offering hospitality.

'Put on events' gets thrown around as if its a guaranteed money maker. Its an incredibly tough competitive business where 1 underperforming event can wipe out numerous successful events. You tip the balance a bit the other way when you get F&B, get hire costs for events other put on etc.

So if it is such a risk or bad idea why are the club looking at a joint venture to do such things at BPA. Crfc will want their costs covered before profits are split. It might be belated but if it's true I view it as something positive

A joint venture spreads the risk/loss potential but it also spreads the rewards/ return.

There is another benefit - actually being seen to be active by the local and business communities - drawing potential opportunities for other incomes.

If a source doesn't work don't do it - you manage it rather than a throw mud at a wall approach. Are there reasons for doing some things knowing that despite not greatly profitable there are other rewards.

If such set ups are fraught with risk and losses why do so many organisations/people do it. Why is it so competitive

Get someone in who knows what they are doing, franchise it out if necessary, pay based on results whatever.but don't sit there and say we need other incomes and do nothing.

If we owned our own stadium there would still be significant costs to cover and risks of failure

Or we carry on with what is and the success that is.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Zero evidence?

Just about everyone that was using this site when you said it will remember. And then at a later date youtried to say that you never said it. So I found it and showed it on the thread. And as usual when someone proves you to be bullshitting you then kept away from that thread.

I'm pretty sure I found the link once before when he challenged me to after denying he ever said it. Which is exactly why I won't do it again. There's no point. As you say he'll just ignore the thread and then start denying it again in the future next time it gets pointed out what he said.

chickentikkamasala

You said they would lose the JR on purpose :wacky:
I certainly read that from Grendel, but as usual he wants evidence ;) the very man that backs up very little of his own statements. Who has the time to back up something you have said by sifting through your 30,000 posts :banghead:

Anyone with nearly 30,000 posts on here, has too much time on their hands ;)

But of course he is an astute business man who is striking deals day in day out, but also has the time to be top of the posting charts :)

chiefdave

So if it is such a risk or bad idea why are the club looking at a joint venture to do such things at BPA.
The treatment receiving at the Ricoh is exactly the reason its not taking place there and instead at the Butts.
If such set ups are fraught with risk and losses why do so many organisations/people do it. Why is it so competitive
Its competitive because there is far more venues than there are events that can fill them so in order to attract the events that will bring people in you have to make your offering more attractive. Hence why there is such a high turnover of events management companies and venues. Its a huge step from local small scale events that will make you a few quid to running an events co that will have any significant positive impact on the bottom line.

From a CCFC perspective its best to play it safe. We simply don't have money to throw around in the hope things come off. Personally I'd be putting on 'evening with' type events at the Butts. Despite the small crowds we get you've got a captive audience of 8K to advertise that to, a lot of whom would be interested.
If we owned our own stadium there would still be significant costs to cover and risks of failure
But you'd get increased incomes from secondary revenue streams. Its the same argument as there is in general for stadium ownership. We pay out to hire on a matchday, pay costs, buy in hospitality etc at retail but only get ticket money. Would be the same for other events, I would hope a JV will mean we can put on events at the Butts and gain access to some of those revenue streams.

dongonzalos

I still think we will end up at the Ricoh eventually but under the ownership of a moon stone related company.
I think the real battle going on here is them waiting for CCFC to go into admin. Yet SISU are trying to get us to breakeven to say this is costing us nothing we can sit here for years. You need to bid and put your best bid in.
It's a case of who blinks first. If Moonstones business model can survive without CCFC. SISU will eventually have to give up as their business model of breakeven isn't plausible long term.

Captain Dart

please point out my plethora of insults at your suggestion. I am interested to see where the insults are
I think G has been looking at the dictionary tonight.
So if it is such a risk or bad idea why are the club looking at a joint venture to do such things at BPA. Crfc will want their costs covered before profits are split. It might be belated but if it's true I view it as something positive

A joint venture spreads the risk/loss potential but it also spreads the rewards/ return.

There is another benefit - actually being seen to be active by the local and business communities - drawing potential opportunities for other incomes.

If a source doesn't work don't do it - you manage it rather than a throw mud at a wall approach. Are there reasons for doing some things knowing that despite not greatly profitable there are other rewards.

Get someone in who knows what they are doing, franchise it out if necessary, pay based on results whatever.but don't sit there and say we need other incomes and do nothing.

Or we carry on with what is and the success that is.

Nothing is happening because the outlook is and always has been short term. Troubled is it is serial failure over several short term periods, nothing has quite worked yet.

skybluetony176

I still think we will end up at the Ricoh eventually but under the ownership of a moon stone related company.
I think the real battle going on here is them waiting for CCFC to go into admin. Yet SISU are trying to get us to breakeven to say this is costing us nothing we can sit here for years. You need to bid and put your best bid in.
It's a case of who blinks first. If Moonstones business model can survive without CCFC. SISU will eventually have to give up as their business model of breakeven isn't plausible long term.

Not sure about the moonstone part but I suspect you'll end up being pretty bang on with the SISU tactics and a case of who blinks first. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than one party waiting in the wings but SISU want stupid money that no one is willing to pay so it comes down to a few scenarios. Someone gets near enough to SISU's asking price for them to take, SISU need out and lower their expectations of what is an achievable price for the club and cut their loses or the club goes into administration.

Kingokings204

Couldn't agree more with don and tony. I am 99% sure groups are ready to take us on (opinion) but things are happening to stop this which probably are a too high asking price from sisu or a too low bidding price from bidders.

Thing is in my eyes the potential investors or new owners don't have to do anything really. If they walk away then what do they care? They can wait and wait for ccfc to go into admin and pick it up cheaper albeit probably in league 2.

There has to be appetite in both parties. Sisu have to be willing to accept a realistic figure and the new owners need to come in now before we fall into the abyss and go bust for real.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I wasn't talking about a new stadium/BPA, i was talking about the events that CCFC and CRFC have been exploring putting on jointly outside of that (IIRC they may have already done some). Surely that is good news that the club are trying to do something and working in partnership with CRFC? Again absolutely nothing to do with BPA/new stadium.

But hey ho, at least you got a couple of 'likes'

So; you're arguing against Fisher's point? You're saying that joint events - such as the existing ones between CRFC and CCFC - or initiatives remote from either the BPA (or The Ricoh, for that matter) are the way forward?

Or you agree with my point that any initiatives with CRFC that are tied to the BPA - given the rugby club's rightful priority - will enrich the rugby club as much as CCFC?!? So, the only choice is which of the rugby clubs currently playing in the city you're filling the coffers of

dongonzalos

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/appeal-decision.47288/page-2

Possibly featuring on pages 2 and 3 a suggestion that court cases were lost on purpose.

Ironically in that thread Grendel talks about dropping legal action as part of negotiations.
Hilarious example of complete hypocrisy where on other threads when it suits he says dropping legal action should not be requested as part of negotiations
Funny the bloke can't lie straight in bed.
No credibility changes whatever point of view his has in desperation to try and win any debate

Sky Blue Kid

Ironically in that thread Grendel talks about dropping legal action as part of negotiations.
Hilarious example of complete hypocrisy where on other threads when it suits he says dropping legal action should not be requested as part of negotiations
Funny the bloke can't lie straight in bed.
No credibility changes whatever point of view his has in desperation to try and win any debate

The man wouldn't apologise if he drove over his own mother. Would probably say she shouldn't have got in the way!

stupot07

So; you're arguing against Fisher's point? You're saying that joint events - such as the existing ones between CRFC and CCFC - or initiatives remote from either the BPA (or The Ricoh, for that matter) are the way forward?

Or you agree with my point that any initiatives with CRFC that are tied to the BPA - given the rugby club's rightful priority - will enrich the rugby club as much as CCFC?!? So, the only choice is which of the rugby clubs currently playing in the city you're filling the coffers of

Not arguing against fishers point at all, other than we won't die but just continue to stagnate at the Ricoh - i have stated this already. I still think in the long term we need to own or 365 day per annum lease our own stadium, both financially and identity.

The current working together on events etc with CRFC is a good way forward, if not the whole solution, in the interim that could develop into something more permanent if both clubs benefit.

I have no issues work in partners for mutual benefits, but we aren't going to be working with wasps on things like this as they don't need to work in partnership with us, they have their venue and whole infrastructure and events department and partnership with compass. Nothing to do with me not liking them, just a fact that working jointly with us brings them little benefit, I'm sure they would be happy for us to hire a venue and F&Bs at full retail price though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread