Coventry City will die if we stay at the Ricoh - Fisher (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38352288

Yesterday he was talking (on Talksport) about securing a rolling deal at the Ricoh, yet here he says we will die if we stay here. What is this guy on. Is he just trying to provoke/broker a better deal with Wasps? He really isn't vey good at promoting our brand - a point Nick has pointed out recently. A series of own goals by our Chairman IMHO.

stupot07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38352288

Yesterday he was talking (on Talksport) about securing a rolling deal at the Ricoh, yet here he says we will die if we stay here. What is this guy on. Is he just trying to provoke/broker a better deal with Wasps? He really isn't vey good at promoting our brand - a point Nick has pointed out recently. A series of own goals by our Chairman IMHO.
He was talking our short term needs vs a long term solution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

I think die is a bit dramatic but I certainly don't think staying at the Ricoh with no income leads to a bright future.

Grendel

If we had a long term agreement we would be finished so on that he is correct.

Grendel

Sky Blue Harry H

He was talking our short term needs vs a long term solution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I get that Stu, but it is difficult to get your head around the fact that they do not appear to have an alternative to the Ricoh - the BPA comment re: pitch invasion probably scuppering it made me believe that this is/was a non starter. Any previous talks about stadiums seem to have been based around various other parties (supermarkets etc) funding most of the costs. No sign of anything - it will be years and years away (if at all), so is he saying we are going to die regardless?

Irish Sky Blue

If we had a long term agreement we would be finished so on that he is correct.

Depends what terms the long term deal would be on.I am sick of hearing Fisher spout on about the need for 365 day a year income. Yes he is right in the fact that we need extra income. However, he and Sisu do absolutely nothing to increase the turnover in our current situation. There are lots of ideas put up on here of ways that the club could improve its relationship with the local community and particularly with its own fans. He does nothing to make this happen. If you need money then work for it from your current position as well as saying what your future ambitions are.

Grendel

I don't really want to be there short term either but I can't see any solution.

Short term isn't an issue.

What has been suggested to me is that talks collapsed because the club wanted a short term extension but wasps a far longer deal. The rental offer was circa £750k and some bizarre re-negotiation opportunity after two years. No break clause either.
It's believable as wasps hold all the aces and can do what they want. Andersonville brief was to secure an arrangement and they was not achievable.
Long term commitment on such terms would put new owners off quicker than a few pitch invaders.

Terry Gibson's perm

What has been suggested to me is that talks collapsed because the club wanted a short term extension but wasps a far longer deal. The rental offer was circa £750k and some bizarre re-negotiation opportunity after two years. No break clause either.
It's believable as wasps hold all the aces and can do what they want. Andersonville brief was to secure an arrangement and they was not achievable.
Long term commitment on such terms would put new owners off quicker than a few pitch invaders.

£750k is a bit steep but I guess they have greedy bond holders to pleasure. I am also not sure fisher is the right man to be negotiating as he has proved before that he is not great with numbers.

Grendel

£750k is a bit steep but I guess they have greedy bond holders to pleasure. I am also not sure fisher is the right man to be negotiating as he has proved before that he is not great with numbers.

The real point is though that new owners wouldn't want a deal with wasps. The stadium benefits will all go to the stadium management company so the club is a 23 day a year business opportunity.

Terry Gibson's perm

The real point is though that new owners wouldn't want a deal with wasps. The stadium benefits will all go to the stadium management company so the club is a 23 day a year business opportunity.

Unless the new owners were Wasps (god help us), I would have moved to Hinckley United ages ago where this is a decent amount of space.

clint van damme

he also said the club would be a good investment so which one he actually believes is anyones guess.

Sky Blue Harry H

So why didn't he tell us where SISU have gone wrong?

He wouldn't know, he's nothing to do with them (and clearly doesn't seem minded, or able, to tell them that their lousy model (his words?) should be changed - which is the bit I wanted to throttle him for (in my head only, obviously!).

Captain Dart

So why didn't he tell us where SISU have gone wrong?

Don't you understand it's a conspiracy against SISU, everywhere you look there are smoking guns.
4/12/13 - TF says "The JR gives no financial benefit to SISU other than to prove there was a conspiracy to wrest control of the football club from SISU by the council."
1/12/16 - Supreme Court - "no arguable point of law."

skybluetony176

Don't you understand it's a conspiracy against SISU, everywhere you look there are smoking guns.
4/12/13 - TF says "The JR gives no financial benefit to SISU other than to prove there was a conspiracy to wrest control of the football club from SISU by the council."
1/12/16 - Supreme Court - "no arguable point of law."

Ahh but you forget that legal expert The Right Honourable Timothy Donald Fisher stated and I quote "We believe it is
wrong in law and in fact."

"We" being very interesting. I thought he was nothing to do with SISU? He certainly seems to have considered himself something to do with SISU then.

Terry Gibson's perm

Ahh but you forget that legal expert The Right Honourable Timothy Donald Fisher stated and I quote "We believe it is
wrong in law and in fact."

"We" being very interesting. I thought he was nothing to do with SISU? He certainly seems to have considered himself something to do with SISU then.

Is this the same time Fisher that said recently I am no lawyer

Bob Latchford

CCFC will die with these owners anyway .

italiahorse

A new stadium may be the answer but we need details to make sure we are not just jumping from one problem to another.
CCFC can't afford to build the stadium so someone else will need to build it for us.
In that case we will need to pay rent to enable the owners to recover their costs.
The facilities will also belong to someone else so will need to negotiate access to them.
A blind statement like this one needs to be treated with a pinch of salt.

ccfcway

A new stadium may be the answer but we need details to make sure we are not just jumping from one problem to another.
CCFC can't afford to build the stadium so someone else will need to build it for us.
In that case we will need to pay rent to enable the owners to recover their costs.
The facilities will also belong to someone else so will need to negotiate access to them.

blind...... have you need seen the pictures, they look impressive ?

The Reverend Skyblue

I hate Fisher even more after the last two days and I didn't think that was possible.
He has turned the business round my fucking arse, it's player sales that showing us at profit and him claiming anything other patronises anyone with a brain cell beyond belief.
Show us where and how SISU have invested 70 million you imcompetant buffoon or stop saying this like a stuck record.
I say again the only company that would employ such a braindead moron is his own companies.
Look at the league table if you know how to read it and tell us again what a great job you've done you fool of a man

RegTheDonk

Well instead of blabbing his bullshit to the BBC he needs to get his finger out and start building this fantasy stadium he's been on about. How long is it now, got to be coming towards three years?

Bob Latchford

Well instead of blabbing his bullshit to the BBC he needs to get his finger out and start building this fantasy stadium he's been on about. How long is it now, got to be coming towards three years?
Was meant to be built by 3 years time too . has a brick been laid ? the guy speaks in forked tongue

letsallsingtogether

So where did you get 750,000 from first I've heard of it are you just making figures up to get your point across?

letsallsingtogether

Well as the Butts arena stands it does not meet with standards required.
They have not yet put in for planning permission to extend.
We have 1 season left at the Ricoh so can they get it planned and built to a reasonable standard with a half decent capacity in the time left?

We know how long it takes to get these thing up and running.

letsallsingtogether

So will we stop paying rent to one Rugby club, and pay it to another in a half finished stadium?

Users who are viewing this thread