Appeal Decision? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

dongonzalos

The JR is an unwinable bargaining tool. However it doesn't need to be winnable.

Just hope the two sides are thrashing out a compromise because it is going to be a really complicated deal to agree and will take weeks possibly months so it has to start now.

kg82

I've lost count/had a severe lack of interest in this off field crap storm... But how many times have they been to court (SISU/Otium) and how many times have they won?

hill83

I've lost count/had a severe lack of interest in this off field crap storm... But how many times have they been to court (SISU/Otium) and how many times have they won?

10% of the time they win every time.

dongonzalos

I know that. It's a long game but I'm bored of it.

Gotta say it is soul destroying

Best for ACL Cov at Ricoh
Best for SISU Cov at Ricoh
Best for Fans Cov at Ricoh
Best for FL Cov at Ricoh
Best for team Cov at Ricoh

Yet we will still have another 3-4 months of games tactical manoeuvres and statements before it happens. My guess is October if we are really lucky.

Wish two respected independent business negotiators spent a week with each side discussing what exactly they want and why.

Then these two negotiate a deal whilst continuously briefing each party and a deal gets done.

You could have two dragons den judges doing the negotiation, whilst it is filmed and a documentary done, the proceeds of which goes to signing new players in January.

There's an idea that could have come straight from the brody camp

Last edited:

skybluepm2

Excellent news, even if inevitable! Weakens Scrotium's position even further..here's hoping that the latest 'battering' by Judge Heckingbottom finally makes them realise that this case is dead in the water. Maybe then the inflated ego's can get round the table. The game is up, change of tact required by Fisher and co as this has failed miserably and spectacularly! Who has sanctioned his ridiculous idea to move to Shitfields?! He should be out on his ear for ever thinking these tactics of 'distress' would work!

Grendel

Excellent news, even if inevitable! Weakens Scrotium's position even further..here's hoping that the latest 'battering' by Judge Heckingbottom finally makes them realise that this case is dead in the water. Maybe then the inflated ego's can get round the table. The game is up, change of tact required by Fisher and co as this has failed miserably and spectacularly! Who has sanctioned his ridiculous idea to move to Shitfields?! He should be out on his ear for ever thinking these tactics of 'distress' would work!

I suspect you are as wide of the mark as is possible.

In 21 days they will lodge an appeal and failing that will go to the Supreme Court.

When that fails its an appeal to the European Commission.

Its pre-planned trench warfare and its going to be very long and drawn out.

ccfcway

"The club’s owners could now apply directly to the Court of Appeal within the next 21 days"

3 weeks !!!

skybluetony176

In 21 days they will lodge an appeal and failing that will go to the Supreme Court.

They intended to loose the JR as Plan A. LOL

Its a good job Plan B failed then.

Hobo

All going to plan then for SISU? So no point ACL being open to talks as SISU don't want a Ricoh return...is that what you are saying?

skybluetony176

All going to plan then for SISU? So no point ACL being open to talks as SISU don't want a Ricoh return...is that what you are saying?

He'll bitch about it anyway. ACL not being open for talks that is, not SISU dont want a return because it will ruin "Plan A"

Hobo

He'll bitch about it anyway. ACL not being open for talks that is, not SISU dont want a return because it will ruin "Plan A"

Yes I should clarify, they don't want immediate short term rental deal because they want to keep distressing ACL?

ccfcway

June 30th - SISU

"We will apply for leave to appeal this decision. Now, more than ever, the new stadium is the only viable commercial option. The owner's primary objective remains building a long term sound financial platform for the future growth of the club. "

Hows the new stadium coming on ?

Kingokings204

I await tim fibers response to this appeal rejection. More bull expected.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but as it stands there is no appeal currently? So why can't a deal be talked about now.

Grendel

No and I don't see why there still cannot be talks and as part of ACL's negotiation they have a condition to drop the court case.

Grendel

They intended to loose the JR as Plan A. LOL

Its a good job Plan B failed then.

I would say it's looking likely they are still sticking to Plan A. Make the court case last as long as possible which is only achieved by losing and appealing.

Despite your protestations to the contrary the club is paying interest to its investors and will certainly be sustainable for a year or more.

It's all rather tedious bit that is what it is.

Grendel

So you now expect SISU to drop any notions of further appeals?

I would expect them to do so as part of a condition to return to the Ricoh. There is no reason why a discussion cannot take place while an appeal is pending.

skybluetony176

I would say it's looking likely they are still sticking to Plan A. Make the court case last as long as possible which is only achieved by losing and appealing.

Despite your protestations to the contrary the club is paying interest to its investors and will certainly be sustainable for a year or more.

So if they won they would have contested the decision :pointlaugh:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

If SISU carry on with this JR and that's a big IF, what have ACL got to lose in starting talks?

So FL to instruct SISU to pay up on Aug 07 or preferably before and then start the talks.

What if FL are sympathetic to SISU regarding money owed to ACL, will ACL sue? They may have some justification for that but would they really bother?

Totally understand ACL wanting SISU to drop the JR and to show intent on forming a better relationship? However NO_ONE really expects SISU to change their style do they?

By not talking to SISU, is that just SISU like hardball tactics?

Surely the FL must see what sort of outfit SISU really are now and force the issue.

Noggin

I don't believe you can really think that, believing sisu expect to lose but appeal anyway to drag it out is a reasonable position, belive sisu want to lose is nuts.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

This is a really interesting angle on this genuinely.

Are ACL doing what SISU wanted by insisting on the JR being dropped and holding off talks?

Maybe ACL should call the possible bluff of SISU and "drop the drop JR appeal" condition?

Rob S

I think this decision was a formality. Judge slams Sisu and refuses leave to appeal in High Court and now refuses request for appeal basically. Got to go through the legal process step-by-step.

Not that I think that this is a good thing but I'm not surprised about the appeal and I'd think the same way if the decision in the JR had been completely reversed and it was the council having to appeal. The judgment was so damning and some of the language so loaded that it's almost an invitation to appeal. As fans we'd probably be better off if there had been a 'softer' decision and so it would have been easier not to appeal. Then again, I've heard enough sources say either side would have appealed if they'd lost.

Taking a wider view, it is probably in Sisu's overall business-reputation interests to keep hammering away. Every time they come up against another business rival their reputation for, er, battering people in court will work in their favour. Again, not making comment on the morality etc. of this but I would have hoped that with the popularity of programmes like The Apprentice & Dragons Den, even the most business illiterate people would have an understanding that the world of commerce isn't all lollipops, sugar plums and fluffy bunnies.

#CynicalGit

italiahorse

This is a really interesting angle on this genuinely.

Are ACL doing what SISU wanted by insisting on the JR being dropped and holding off talks?

Maybe ACL should call the possible bluff of SISU and "drop the drop JR appeal" condition?

I may be thick but surely ACL could not work on a plan with SISU whilst SISU also pursue another plan to take over ACL.

dongonzalos

I don't believe you can really think that, believing sisu expect to lose but appeal anyway to drag it out is a reasonable position, belive sisu want to lose is nuts.

What he is saying is after that absolute kicking in the JR. The appeal if allowed is destined to lose. Yet SISU will continue with it. You need to ask yourself why?

Users who are viewing this thread