Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Possession based football works great if you have players constantly moving into areas dragging the opposition around the pitch. We don't do that , it's walking football a lot of the time. So easy to counteract. That's most likely down to Robins or are the players just incapable or a combination of both ? Having no midfield creativity doesn't help either.

Exactly this. When WBA bothered to play last night they were dragging our player all over, people coming short, overlapping, etc. We are so static aside from Saka.

napolimp

As I've said mate there's absolutely no relationships in the camp. The likes of Fadz, Allen, Godden, Callum etc have all tried to include the new signings, get them to a level on the training and matchday pitch, arrange to do things outside of the club, and its just not being reciprocated.

Apparently MVE is very egotistical and believes his own Rhetoric.

Take a look at Fadz interview yesterday. When has he ever been so downhearted? He didnt even know if Wright had a boy or a girl. Imagine that being the case between players for the last 3 or 4 seasons? That interview says it all to me, and I hope people realise this is the reason why I've said for a while we are genuinely in trouble this year.

Part of the reason as to Why Robins is so lost also. Hes prided himself on players that fight, battle, carry off his instructions to a tee on the field. This lot dont do any of that, the recruitment has been horrifying

Hang on, you've said players that have been around a long time, like Fadz, have tried to build a relationship with the new players - but it's not reciprocated. Yet in the interview on CWR last night, he didn't even know whether Wright's kid was a boy or a girl. I might be in the minority here, but if I'm even making the slightest effort to build a relationship with someone, I'd probably try and remember what gender their kid is.

SBT

CHARITY BET ALERT
Alarm Siren GIF

Brighton Sky Blue

Hang on, you've said players that have been around a long time, like Fadz, have tried to build a relationship with the new players - but it's not reciprocated. Yet in the interview on CWR last night, he didn't even know whether Wright's kid was a boy or a girl. I might be in the minority here, but if I'm even making the slightest effort to build a relationship with someone, I'd probably try and remember what gender their kid is.
In fairness to McF he isn’t the sharpest tool in the box.

jordan210

Whats worrying is every time Saka tried to play a ball in from the byline no one in the box made any sort of movement to go to the ball. Multiple times he played a low diagonal ball the the penalty spot and no one ever tried to get on to it all just stood around waiting for it to come to them.

alexccfc99

As I've said mate there's absolutely no relationships in the camp. The likes of Fadz, Allen, Godden, Callum etc have all tried to include the new signings, get them to a level on the training and matchday pitch, arrange to do things outside of the club, and its just not being reciprocated.

Apparently MVE is very egotistical and believes his own Rhetoric.

Take a look at Fadz interview yesterday. When has he ever been so downhearted? He didnt even know if Wright had a boy or a girl. Imagine that being the case between players for the last 3 or 4 seasons? That interview says it all to me, and I hope people realise this is the reason why I've said for a while we are genuinely in trouble this year.

Part of the reason as to Why Robins is so lost also. Hes prided himself on players that fight, battle, carry off his instructions to a tee on the field. This lot dont do any of that, the recruitment has been horrifying
‘Camaraderie’ is great but I don’t think it’s as important as people make out, we’ve all heard the Sheringham/Cole scenario, half the Wimbledon Crazy Gang couldn’t stand eachother either

Whether they get on or not they’re all going to want the same thing, it really doesn’t, or shouldn’t matter if Haji doesn’t fancy going for a Nandos with Fadz and Wilson as soon as they cross the white line and I’d hope grown men, some of which are over 30 can see it like that

Saddlebrains

You wouldnt know if they didnt want to bother responding to you and spending time with you

alexccfc99

You wouldnt know if they didnt want to bother responding to you and spending time with you
But we’re signing a different dynamic of player now, we aren’t signing kids Ayari aside - We’re signing blokes some of which have families to go home to, who have kids to pick up from school or from childcare etc.

shmmeee

Teams who can’t score and gift the opposition soft goals every game tend to go down.

Being able to pass it around nicely 30 yards from goal when we’re already losing doesn’t earn any bonus points.

Were better than we were first season up and we didn’t come close to relegation there

Senior Vick from Alicante

Thought the problem last night stemmed from midfield. Took to many touches, Wright was making runs but no one wanted to at least try and make the pass. It slowed possession down and then we ended up trying to walk it into the net from around their box,- Wrights finishing needs to be better and Wilson had a howler. Another night we could have had 2 pens and the second goal ruled out for offside, we didnt handle the dark arts very well either, West Brom played on the edge with their game management.

Users who are viewing this thread