Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion match, tactics and predictions :)

Saddlebrains

If this goes pear shaped, I don't think the fans ( and rightly so) will be afraid to show our displeasure

Its a one way or another this for me, Either the biggest turn round weve seen in years and we turn up and dispatch a team 3 nil that were not expected too, typical cov

Or they are 4 up by 60 minutes and the place is a cauldron of abuse and Im in bed and back home by 9.30

Cant see any sort of tight contest either way

pusbccfc

Luckily John Swift is injured as he'd certainly score against us and prove us stupid not signing him.

Martin180

I assume you mean as no 10, not in place of? In which case I agree. I would add Sakamoto in there too, but have no idea who to play up front.
Sorry yes I meant ahead of in terms of the pitch and formation . Would also play Sakamoto with Allen and play Simms on his own

Hertsccfc

Sorry yes I meant ahead of in terms of the pitch and formation . Would also play Sakamoto with Allen and play Simms on his own
It feels like Simms needs to be taken out of the firing line. Then again Godden is now anonymous and Wright seems to offer so little. We need another striker!

SkyBlueSoul

Need to see a reaction to last night, Robins wasn't happy so you'd expect a rocket up the arse. Can't see it atm though with the front 3 misfiring so badly. Ayari surely can't start, hopefully Allen's back but if not it can only really be Saka can't it? O'Hench not ready to start but did look good when he came on.

Still can't get my head around the fact we're 20th but have a positive GD and are a point closer to the play offs than the relegation zone. Not one for taking a draw at home but...

Martin180

It feels like Simms needs to be taken out of the firing line. Then again Godden is now anonymous and Wright seems to offer so little. We need another striker!
I think Simms has shown glimpses , his control and first touch is dreadful but put the ball in front of him in the penalty area and he does look like a striker who will score goals . Sunderland played him as a lone striker and he scored for them ?
Willing to try anything after last night

ProfessorbyGrace

Could be a thrashing, or a turning point. Who knows.

Either way, the problems are obvious, MR has to act accordingly, or the morale will hit rock bottom sooner rather than later.

Hertsccfc

I think Simms has shown glimpses , his control and first touch is dreadful but put the ball in front of him in the penalty area and he does look like a striker who will score goals . Sunderland played him as a lone striker and he scored for them ?
Willing to try anything after last night
Simms has played in all 14 matches and started in 9. He has scored in one of those matches. I genuinely believe it would help him to have a break and develop his game. He would probably come back stronger. The problem is the lack of options.

skybluecam

Simms has played in all 14 matches and started in 9. He has scored in one of those matches. I genuinely believe it would help him to have a break and develop his game. He would probably come back stronger. The problem is the lack of options.
It’s pick your poison time though.

Godden - lacks the physical attributes to play as a lone striker at this level.

Simms - reasons you mentioned

Wright- looks disinterested

One of them has to start. Simms makes the most sense to me.

Saddlebrains

It’s pick your poison time though.

Godden - lacks the physical attributes to play as a lone striker at this level.

Simms - reasons you mentioned

Wright- looks disinterested

One of them has to start. Simms makes the most sense to me.

Agreed. I think hes fucking dire but we have to give him the opportunity for 2 or 3 games to do it

duffer

If we get after them right from the off, and go at it with real pace and intent, then I think the place will be rocking and the whole team will benefit.

If we go into our shells like the second half last night, it'll be horrible. We can play some beautiful football, and we've got some great players, but it's all too one paced and predictable (imho).

I want to see that ball getting into the box early and a bit more scrapping for knock downs and second balls. Long throws too. Neanderthal, maybe, but get the crowd going and the opposition rattled, and mix it up a bit.

Forward! 😄

fernandopartridge

If Allen is fit (seems unlikely) back to the box with him and Sakamoto and Simms on his own up top.

Could be numerous other changes but it would be a bit knee jerk to do so and possibly counter productive, though I'd definitely bring Kitching into the back 3.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

How's he going to develop his game without playing?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

If they score first this could be a battering. We always get stuffed once a season and i have a horrible feeling this could be the game. Apart from the top two they are one of the biggest scorers in the league and have conceded the least. Only Blues have actually scored against them in October whereas we have failed to score against two teams with their normal backfour missing.

AFCCOVENTRY

I would go for a formation change and Have more defensive midfield action.

Allen will be back but not sure he’s fit enough to start? If he is I would go with him and Tatsu buzzing around Simms with an option for CoH 2nd half:

Wilson
MVE Thomas Fadz Kitching Bidwell
Lati Sheaf
Allen Tatsu
Simms

Blind-Faith

I’m off to badminton instead, will watch on the TV when I get back. All these week games can get to fuck as far as I’m concerned

also, would take a point now

skyblue_55

As someone has pointed out , our re treating at corners & not leaving anyone up field is galling ……. Even the small lads , Milan & dasilva , just to pull 3 - 4 opponent players out of our box ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Mentioned this in the Rotherham thread BSB, completely in agreement with you
We also conceded a really soft corner goal at Cardiff doing the same thing. You can safely keep up 2-3 players and the opposition will have to keep some back. You would then have fewer attacking players to worry about and still the chance of a quick counter.

It’s weird getting triggered by a corner tactic but still

Users who are viewing this thread