Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (2 Viewers)

fatso

It was criminal that Wright didn’t hit the target with both his chances really. The fee ain’t his fault though
The fee isn't his fault, but playing with no passion no commitment and having no fire in his belly IS his fault.

It's like Wright and Simms feel like they have nothing to prove here, and they are too big for us.

Gyokeres was totally different, he played like he had a point to prove, and like he knew this was his last chance to make it in the game. I havnt seen that level of commitment in the two new strikers.

TomRad85

It's just annoying and this forum is for venting as my wife and kid don't give a shit.
There was such a feel good factor going into the season despite the play off defeat... Wasps being gone meant the stadium was starting to feel like home, £20 million spent regardless of how we came about it is a fucking shit load at this level, record season tickets numbers backed up the excitement.. and this is what is being served up. Its appalling.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Chris1987

Defeats I can accept if the players are giving it 100% for the whole game . Some appear not be. They earn shit loads more than the majority of us and we part with our hard earned to support them and we have been backing them to the hilt on match days . The least we can expect is reciprocated effort Additionally if we fuck up in our employment regularly we get either reprimands/warnings or the boot .

alexccfc99

I will own it when we’re shite - and in large patches we were last night but what is the point when you’ve got the most consistently incompetent refereeing performances I’ve ever seen, we could be playing like Manchester City and we’d still have to deal with this shite, it was the same against Norwich as well

The most blatant handball and offside you are ever likely to see, fuck all given - We go into Half Time at 1-1 it’s a different match

Saddlebrains

I will own it when we’re shite - and in large patches we were last night but what is the point when you’ve got the most consistently incompetent refereeing performances I’ve ever seen, we could be playing like Manchester City and we’d still have to deal with this shite, it was the same against Norwich as well

The most blatant handball and offside you are ever likely to see, fuck all given - We go into Half Time at 1-1 it’s a different match

Stop blaming officials. If were good enough their incompetence doesnt matter 9/10 times

Saddlebrains

Did you not read the first part of my post?

We had a stonewall penalty turned down and their second goal is offside, not even up for debate

I agree

But If Wright isnt a fucking donkey and we could actually get into the 18 yard box and create chances instead of having fuck all creativity and going back and starting again every 10 seconds, them decisions dont matter

alexccfc99

I agree

But If Wright isnt a fucking donkey and we could actually get into the 18 yard box and create chances instead of having fuck all creativity and going back and starting again every 10 seconds, them decisions dont matter
If you think ‘them decisions don’t matter’ then there is zero point even trying to debate with you

BlueSkiesForever

Teams aren’t scared of us. Their players looked bigger and more confident.

100% agree. We must be one of the easiest teams to play against atm, no manager is going to be afraid of playing us if all you have to do is sit deep, grab a set piece or counter-attack goal and let us run the clock down ourselves by passing it sideways for half the game.

It’s honestly pathetic that we’re this easy to play against. I honestly do think Robins is a great guy and a great manager but the buck really does stop with him. I realise there’s some players not giving their all and that’s also inexcusable but on the whole the players look to be doing what’s asked of them. Robins has told them to play a high line, Robins has told them to set up in a back 5, Robins has told them to keep possession, Robins has told them to attack via the wingbacks etc etc, but if it’s not working then the manager needs to change it. If the player lacks ability or if the player can’t or won’t do what he’s told then you either need to get that particular player out of that role or try a new system, and we’re doing neither atm.

We played a hell of a lot better with the box but we’re playing the same old possession-based tactics that we’ve seen almost every week. Wtf you do from here I don’t know but that’s the manager’s job and if he can’t find a way out of it then what do you do?

Chris1987

Possession based football works great if you have players constantly moving into areas dragging the opposition around the pitch. We don't do that , it's walking football a lot of the time. So easy to counteract. That's most likely down to Robins or are the players just incapable or a combination of both ? Having no midfield creativity doesn't help either.

fatso

But the ref didn't hand them the first goal on a big silver plate, Wilson did.

And it wasn't the refs fault that Wright went clean through on goal and only had to hit the target.

It wasn't the refs fault that our 2 best defenders were sat on the bench, or that Sheaf can't shoot and couldn't pass last night or that MvE can't get past his defender and cross, etc etc etc.

Saddlebrains

What does your source make of it all?

As I've said mate there's absolutely no relationships in the camp. The likes of Fadz, Allen, Godden, Callum etc have all tried to include the new signings, get them to a level on the training and matchday pitch, arrange to do things outside of the club, and its just not being reciprocated.

Apparently MVE is very egotistical and believes his own Rhetoric.

Take a look at Fadz interview yesterday. When has he ever been so downhearted? He didnt even know if Wright had a boy or a girl. Imagine that being the case between players for the last 3 or 4 seasons? That interview says it all to me, and I hope people realise this is the reason why I've said for a while we are genuinely in trouble this year.

Part of the reason as to Why Robins is so lost also. Hes prided himself on players that fight, battle, carry off his instructions to a tee on the field. This lot dont do any of that, the recruitment has been horrifying

alexccfc99

But the ref didn't hand them the first goal on a big silver plate, Wilson did.

And it wasn't the refs fault that Wright went clean through on goal and only had to hit the target.

It wasn't the refs fault that our 2 best defenders were sat on the bench, or that Sheaf can't shoot and couldn't pass last night or that MvE can't get past his defender and cross, etc etc etc.
I’m not disagreeing with any of that and like I said in large patches we weren’t good enough last night - But the point stands, two major refereeing decisions went against us

If we get given a penalty and score it, it’s a different match that’s just a fact

Brighton Sky Blue

As I've said mate there's absolutely no relationships in the camp. The likes of Fadz, Allen, Godden, Callum etc have all tried to include the new signings, get them to a level on the training and matchday pitch, arrange to do things outside of the club, and its just not being reciprocated.

Take a look at Fadz interview yesterday. When has he ever been so downhearted? He didnt even know if Wright had a boy or a girl. Imagine that being the case between players for the last 3 or 4 seasons? That interview says it all to me, and I hope people realise this is the reason why I've said for a while we are genuinely in trouble this year.

Part of the reason as to Why Robins is so lost also. Hes prided himself on players that fight, battle, carry off his instructions to a tee on the field. This lot dont do any of that, the recruitment has been horrifying
They are following his instructions for the most part, we’re getting the possession he wants. Wonder how long it will be before he admits this season is now a battle for survival.

Saddlebrains

They are following his instructions for the most part, we’re getting the possession he wants. Wonder how long it will be before he admits this season is now a battle for survival.

This is where he needs to own it in my view

We dont have the incisive players to play possesion

MVE
DaSilva
Tats
O'Hare
Wright

If we play on the counter and utilise them we will be a different team. Whys he not doing it?

Brighton Sky Blue

This is where he needs to own it in my view

We dont have the incisive players to play possesion

MVE
DaSilva
Tats
O'Hare
Wright

If we play on the counter and utilise them we will be a different team. Whys he not doing it?
As Frostie has alluded to he thinks that the possession based approach is more sustainable. Well from what I see, only the very best teams in the world can pull it off as the others don’t have the very high technical precision required, see Man City demolishing Utd on Sunday. Even England with the likes of Bellingham in the side look ponderous and slow trying it.

We have never had the players for it and long thrived on higher tempo football. Robins needs to drop this experiment before it gets worse.

alexccfc99

I’m sorry I’m all for pointing out when there’s things wrong, but this comment is the biggest and the most ridiculous reach to create an issue I have ever seen, when McFadzean actually said:

It is a big change for him, he has travelled over with his wife and child

If Wright would have put one of his chances away and he’d have said this no one would have batted an eyelid

alexccfc99

Call me blindly optimistic but I’m not even remotely concerned about a relegation battle as of yet

Users who are viewing this thread