Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (7 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

Expecting a really tough game, expectations are suitably low for it. Can only hope that they got a few rockets fired up them after last night.

Adge

Hmmmm, think I’d take a draw now to be honest. 🥹

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got a bad feeling about this game.

Wilson
Lati Kitching Binks
MvE Eccles Sheaf Bidwell
Tatsu Allen/O'Hare*
Simms

Collins, Dasilva, Fadz, Thomas, Ayari, Allen/O'Hare*, Wright, Godden

*Hoping Allen will be fit enough for the bench and he and O'Hare can share one position so neither is overworked coming back from fitness.

Not sure about Bidwell as I'm not sure if he's mentally checked out having been pretty much ignored for Dasilva even though he was a solid choice last year.

Johhny Blue

Coaching. It worked for Gyokeres taking out if the spotlight for a while. In Simms case working on first touch, positioning and reactions would seem the priority.
There’s nothing wrong with his first touch if he’s in his preferred position. IN THE BOX. He was denied twice by really good saves on Wednesday.

SkyblueTexan

0-3 loss for sure. Makes sense on the back of 1-0 and 2-0 defeats.

Boicey

There’s nothing wrong with his first touch if he’s in his preferred position. IN THE BOX. He was denied twice by really good saves on Wednesday.
Tbh he's no threat in the air in the box, and he's been no threat at dozens of corners. He hasnt got great control, or quick feet to go past a player in tight spaces. He isnt a sharp reaction player.
He isnt even keen to get IN THE BOX and certainly isn't a goal hanger type or a ghosting in type like Godden.
He seems best running in with some space 10 or 15 yds outside the box.

Julie SBA

don't think I've felt less confident about a home game in a long time, if it starts wrong this game could really get away from us.
So obviously it will now be an amazing 2-0 home win.

AOM

Feels like one of those games we're expecting to lose, so fancy a surprise win.
2-0

Offhegoes

This scenario has happened many times under Robins, normally at this time of the season. a couple of defeats and expecting another one, but Robins does get reactions from his teams. I don't think we will lose.
He certainly has the squad to change things around for this game. I would imagine Kelly & Palmer won't be too far behind after this game, and Tavares should be knocking on the door by end of November.

RegTheDonk

Have to take grandson to the local goals, was going to watch it there but it'll prob be full of baggies fans. Humiliation or a kicking, not nice either way :(

PVA

Sakamoto and Allen (if fit enough to start, otherwise Ayari) in behind Simms to try the box again.

And fuck it, Kitching in for Fadz. Has to be worth a try sooner rather than later.

Warwickhunt

his game picked up when Godden went off in my opinion he seemed to be happier in the middle turning into left hand channel,

Warwickhunt

If WBA start to get on top and really pen us in will the Goalkeeper go down holding head or arm or leg and have thrainers on the pitch for 3/4 minutes? just asking like! MR doesnt use the shithousing like our opponents do! Roverum did It with the Goalie, Brizzle did it with James and the false head bandage. I could go on but lets see what happen if we should deem to pick our game up and cause WBA problems.

Greggs

West Brom at 2/1. Will be able to give up work if the bookies keep giving out these odds.

Essexrobbie

If WBA start to get on top and really pen us in will the Goalkeeper go down holding head or arm or leg and have thrainers on the pitch for 3/4 minutes? just asking like! MR doesnt use the shithousing like our opponents do! Roverum did It with the Goalie, Brizzle did it with James and the false head bandage. I could go on but lets see what happen if we should deem to pick our game up and cause WBA problems.
Completely agree. James 'injury' turned the game in their favour with the tactical changes they implemented while he was down.

Users who are viewing this thread