Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (1 Viewer)

SBT

Agreed, comes across very cliquey if what is being said is all correct - they’re not obligated to spend every minute of every day together
It’s also a lot easier to believe if the senior players in question were all performing to high standards themselves, but they’re not.

SBT

From comments made from here before, it does sound like those that were here in League 1 have a very high opinion of themselves.
Someone is clearly very keen to get this narrative out there - luckily for them they have people on here who are more than willing to parrot these stories uncritically on demand

alexccfc99

League was much better then in my opinion as well

Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds the only teams in this division I’m truly fearful of playing
On that subject - If we’re still playing like this in January I’m giving that game against Leicester a massive wide berth, I don’t think I can stomach sitting through them cut us to ribbons, score 4/5 and take the piss in our own ground

Judging by the fact corporate is nearly sold out already for that game as well my hunch is a load of Leicester fans have been buying in there

Boicey

Let’s not forget that the starting attacking lineup last night was basically Wright, Sakamoto and Allen.
It’s not gonna scare anyone to death is it?

SlowerThanPlatt

On that subject - If we’re still playing like this in January I’m giving that game against Leicester a massive wide berth, I don’t think I can stomach sitting through them cut us to ribbons, score 4/5 and take the piss in our own ground

Judging by the fact corporate is nearly sold out already for that game as well my hunch is a load of Leicester fans have been buying in there
We’ve made a rod for our own backs with the “Callum Doyle, it could’ve been you” on the opening day, that will get a few airings to a sparse home end as they put in their fourth

andrew.roberts

I believe a Hamer understudy should have been brought in twelve months ago with an eye to the future. Not providing cover for one of the most influential and integral members of a team is very short sighted.

shmmeee

I believe a Hamer understudy should have been brought in twelve months ago with an eye to the future. Not providing cover for one of the most influential and integral members of a team is very short sighted.

I mean I can accept there was no money then. It should have definitely been on the list for this summer.

PVA

To those that think we are in danger of relegation, we are 20/1 on Sky Bet (and they have 11 teams more likely to be relegated than us) - that must be the bet of the century surely if we're that bad?

Ccfcisparks

To those that think we are in danger of relegation, we are 20/1 on Sky Bet (and they have 11 teams more likely to be relegated than us) - that must be the bet of the century surely if we're that bad?
Going to be some very rich men if you listen to people on this forum...

SlowerThanPlatt

Looking at the bottom three no chance we’re going to be worse than Wednesday or Rotherham (yes, I know we lost to them) over a season.

QPR are the ones I admit could improve now they’ve changed manager

Rugby Sky Blue

What can be said that hasn't already been said? As soon as West Brom scored I said to my dad sitting next to me we won't break these down. Plenty of posession and no creativity. We just looked so static and when they brought Asante on in the second half I thought I should put a tenner on him scoring as the defence won't be able to cope with his directness and running and lo and behold he goes and scores. Luckily for us the 3 teams at the bottom look terrible, although having said that one of them did a job on us recently.

I think teams are happy to concede possession of the ball and sit in their shape as we often struggle to break teams down as we simply aren't good enough and lack the quality. We look a far better team when we counter attack and I think other teams have figured us out now. The 3 games we have won this season we have had less possession than our opposition and as low as 34% against Blackburn at home.

Last edited:

Grendel

Hard to judge the WBA game we might have a number of new additions in the team so no idea the team, Albion always tough and dangerous opposition.

I guess Dry January isn’t your thing either

Users who are viewing this thread