Match Thread Coventry City vs Yeovil Town Match Thread - Monday 2nd Apr (2 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Disastrous opening 15mins. The best defence in the league....I don’t think so. Keeper and back 4 all contributed. Doyle’s worst game of season. Reid trying hard...too hard at times same as Baylis. JCH and mcnulty not looking on same wavelength.
Apart from that we look....awful.

Biamou made a bit of a difference and looks like O’Brien coming on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFC_Charlie

We could easily be in the autos right now if we weren’t such bottling cunts. Everyone else throwing it away as well, we’re just doing it more spectacularly as is the Coventry City way. Won’t be surprised if this destroys us mentally and we lose the next few.

Nick

Administrator
That's a massive massive call to take a GK off, unless they bullshit and call it an injury that could be a career at the club ender.

If he calls it an injury it's on him for playing an injured keeper...

Johnnythespider

Hideous first half. All season we've started games as if we are already a goal ahead and today it's bit us on the arse. Is that Burge warming up or Is O'Brien coming on.
I know he's been poor but I think we need the outfield subs.

Fergusons_Beard

Second Half will define our season.

It could be the miracle at the Ricoh.

We could be 4 points behind autos with a game in hand.

We lose and with 2 tricky away games it’s going to be a battle.

We NEED to score an early one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stupot07

Currently down to 8th as it stands.
3828e7897584eeae08d99b142397403a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If O Brien is coming on, it just leaves the Ponticelli change on 70 or Shipley for Reid on 74.

Nick

Administrator
Would have been huger (possibly not a word but you get the gist) if he’d done it during the first half if we felt Burge wasn’t performing!

I would have before we kicked off for the 2nd goal. Inspire the defence with some confidence.

PVA

Burge must be injured or its a waste of a sub.

He's been no worse than anyone else out there, they were all utter shite for that opening 20 mins.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Burge has really pissed me off, especially as he did so well at Newport to keep us in it, then goes and fucking does that.

Now I've proved I'm not a Burge apologist, can I just say why the fuck take the goalkeeper off when you are already 3-0 down? Yes he deserves it, but this smacks of 'let's keep it at 3-0 rather than try and get some goals back'.

Nick

Administrator
Right, from kickoff I want to see somebody put in a crunching tackle to raise the game a bit. First time their little striker tries to take everybody on, put him in the stand.

chiefdave

Fell asleep on the sofa this morning and didn’t wake up until after 2. Gave serious thought to not going. Wish I hadn’t bothered.

Worse thing is they’re terrible. Could, and should, have been back to 3-3 by half time.

Can’t really see the point in taking Burge off unless he’s injured. If he’s going to take him off for a mistake causing a goal why not Doyle?

hill83

Burge must be injured or its a waste of a sub.

He's been no worse than anyone else out there, they were all utter shite for that opening 20 mins.

Yes Lee, but you can't have the keeper performing that bad. Other positions you can just about get away with it. And all the vitriol directed at you isn't based purely on this game, it's been too many times. You've been better more games than worse but these mistakes can't keep happening. Now go and take a shower and we'll speak in a bit.

Nick

Administrator
Look at their kickoff, they didnt hammer it out of play and kept possession all the way down to our corner flag...

Users who are viewing this thread