Match Thread Coventry City vs Yeovil Town Match Thread - Monday 2nd Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs Yeovil Town match, tactics and predictions :)

clint van damme

shown a bit of form in their last 2 games. Win at Colchester and a draw with Exeter.
Not played for a couple of weeks though. Not sure that's helpful when you've managed to put a couple of decent results together.
Anything but a win and I think we can forget about the automatics.

higgs

Well boys 7 games left would you accept a playoff spot at this moment now?

or

Let it roll on and take a chance on either automatics and risk dropping out playoffs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Think we go all out attack. Drop Shipley for Reid.

I think a play off is now a minimum. A few months back it looked like that was slipping away. Technically we have the easiest run in. But we need to win every game and that I think would secure autos. We have a game in hand remember. I think it's going to be very close.

SlowerThanPlatt

Well boys 7 games left would you accept a playoff spot at this moment now?

or

Let it roll on and take a chance on either automatics and risk dropping out playoffs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We’re 6 points off the automatics but only 2 points in the play offs. Add that to how we normally end our seasons (I remember 2001-02 we were 4th with 7 games remaining, lost 6 drew 1 and finished 11th) I’d be surprised if the majority wouldn’t take the first option

Otis

Think we may change one or two.

Going to be a tough game I reckon. We can't expect everyone to just roll over like Grimsby.

Shame Davies probably isn't ready and of course poor old Superbakes has a bit of a cold.

bringbackrattles

Think it'll be like the Grimsby game, a tight first half with us struggling again to break down a lower placed team. But after one of Robins half time rant/speeches, we come out and bang home three goals. 3-0 win.

Warwickhunt

It'd be in our best interests if the game was postponed after Yeovil had a rest yesterday.
Last time we had a rest like Yeovil we played shit and looked like a team that had not played and we scraped a 1 - 0 against a shit Barnet side. Players don't perform well if they have only been training and not playing it's a mental thing with them

MatthewWallis

I’d take a play off spot now. However, I’m not convinced that we’d come out of it as winners.

I’m going for a 3-1 win on Monday

clint van damme

Last time we had a rest like Yeovil we played shit and looked like a team that had not played and we scraped a 1 - 0 against a shit Barnet side. Players don't perform well if they have only been training and not playing it's a mental thing with them

they've not played for 2 weeks.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure about this game - combination of hard game at Newport and opposition not having played. Need crowd behind us - expect it to be a tough game.

Yeovil will be coming for the draw so I'm expecting a dour game just like Barnett. I one nil win will be a good result as they're going to be difficult to break down.
The sooner we are out of this pitiful league the better as I don't think that I could stand another season of dross football being served up week in week out.

Greggs

Yeovil will be coming for the draw so I'm expecting a dour game just like Barnett. I one nil win will be a good result as they're going to be difficult to break down.
The sooner we are out of this pitiful league the better as I don't think that I could stand another season of dross football being served up week in week out.
Most enjoyable season for me in a while!!!

Covkid1968#

Looking forward to this.....kids to the cinema in the morning.....off load them to the grandparents....footie in the afternoon....boom!!!!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Nothing other than a win is acceptable here. We have 4 home games remaining and 3 need to wins, at minimum.

Yeovil may be ‘fresh’ after their postponement — but, they’ve not played in over 2 weeks so I expect a bit of rust.

We owe them for last time. 2-0. Unchanged.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't get this 'rust' thing, unless they're made of metal and are affected by all the rain that's been about. They will have had a break at a good time for them, If I were MR, I would use the squad to ensure we have fresh legs too. Reid in - rest Vincenti (unless Yeovil have a few lanky players), Agree with Esoterica when he says it is important that we attack them early and get on the front foot. Also fans can [;at a big part too. Important game which could help cement play off place. Cock it up and we will be looking over our shoulders again.

Sky Blue Harry H

It has been frustrating at times, but it is great to be winning so many matches for a change and for at last being the big fish for once rather than just an also ran.

Agree - think we all knew/hoped it would happen at some point - just didn't want to fall too far down the leagues before it occurred!

skybluepm2

Nothing less than a win will do but I don’t think it’ll be easy. 2-1 to extend the unbeaten run to 8, with Clarke-Harris grabbing both.

Reid and Stokes need to come in and give us an extra dimension down that left side. Shippers is due a well earnt rest, and Haynes..... need I say no more? The other 9 on the pitch should deservedly keep their places.

Hope a few more of the SBA wander up to add to the numbers, Yeovil will bring next to no-one.

Otis

Nothing less than a win will do but I don’t think it’ll be easy. 2-1 to extend the unbeaten run to 8, with Clarke-Harris grabbing both.

Reid and Stokes need to come in and give us an extra dimension down that left side. Shippers is due a well earnt rest, and Haynes..... need I say no more? The other 9 on the pitch should deservedly keep their places.

Hope a few more of the SBA wander up to add to the numbers, Yeovil will bring next to no-one.
Why? Is the haycart rental station closed due to the bank holiday?

Sky Blue Pete

Barnet didn’t come for a draw they just forgot their shooting boots. They played well

skybluepm2

why are people so keen for Stokes to come back into the side? He's been abysmal the last few times he's played.

Nowhere near as bad as Haynes has been. The bloke offers absolutely nothing going forward, constantly gives the ball away, cannot cross or beat a man and is a defensive nightmare. In fact, he’s had a hand in the last 3 goals we’ve conceded all of which were avoidable.

I’m not saying Stokes is the player he once was but he’s far more steady and reliable than Haynes, who I pray doesn’t ever pull on the shirt again after this season.

Otis

Both Stokes and Haynes have been disappointing.

Think it was expected for Chris Camwell to be challenging and near the squad this season, but it just hasn't happened.

It's a worry, because Grimmer on the other side has been very, very good.

oucho

Home win, and by some margin. Can see us really building up some momentum into the final run-in now. If we do thump Yeovil there will be such a feel good factor at the club as the sense builds we could be on for something really special.

Users who are viewing this thread