Match Thread Coventry City vs. Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 11th Feb (2 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

They can pay on the gate I see, probably 3k or so in the away end.

We can win when we're playing badly, we can draw when we're playing great, we can make a Championship side look like '87 Wimbledon, then we can huff & puff against bottom of L1, we have loads of 'late drama' in lots of matches- I haven't got a scooby whats gonna happen, anything is possible.

coop

Tough game think this could be a loss as Portsmouth seem to just have the edge in recent games. But 3 points out of the next two games would be OK.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
4 - 0 to city! (now, where did I put the rest of that bottle of scotch? Hic!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Tough game think this could be a loss as Portsmouth seem to just have the edge in recent games. But 3 points out of the next two games would be OK.

If we lose tomorrow, I want 6 from the next 2 away games (4 absolute minimum)

wingy

We've had some right ding,-dongers with these in the past .
One at the Ricoh in the recent past where Michael Branch came on as a second half sub and we fell into his trap ,them blew the game.Ugh ;-/

win9nut

All I'm praying for is a 2 goal cushion going into the last 2 minutes of stoppage time so we can be sure of a draw! ;)

In all seriousness 2-1 Cov

Can't see a clean sheet, we need to score 1 more than them...

johnwillomagic

This is a real toughie team selection wise a few tired limbs, not sure on injuries,Pompey quite a big physical side....

Think I’d probably go with the following if fit.

Marosi
Dabo
McCallum
Rose
Hyam
Fade
Kelly
Walsh
Allen
Shipley
Biamou

subs: Wilson, Pask, Giles, Westbrooke, O’Hare, Baka, Godden/Hiwula

I’d like us to go two up top but don’t think we will and Shipley should be hungry to impress!

pusbccfc

Pompey fans haven't been allowed to bring their drum or bells.

Fantastic news.

Sky Blue Pete

All I'm praying for is a 2 goal cushion going into the last 2 minutes of stoppage time so we can be sure of a draw! ;)

In all seriousness 2-1 Cov

Can't see a clean sheet, we need to score 1 more than them...
They were hoping for a 3-1 lead against 9 men to see them home!! Oops

Skyblueweeman

can't remember the last time I was as nervous for a game as this one. Probably the play off final.
A win would be an absolutely huge result.
Yeah me too actually. Dont know if its because I live on the outskirts and have loads of Pompey supporting mates.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jordan210

I hope this game lives us to the last time we met. Maybe lets not get 2 sent off. But lets hope we score 3 again

SkyBlueSoul

I’m so nervous I’m actually debating paying £10 for the video pass tonight, instead of listening to Clive shred my nerves for 90 minutes.

“O’Hare receives the ball in the Portsmouth half and TURNS, BEATS A MAN, HE SLIDES IT THROUGH FOR BIAMOU, MUST BE A GOAL! Ooo it rolls harmlessly out for a throw in, in fairness Biamou was never going to get there and Portsmouth had 4 men covering”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread