Match Thread Coventry City vs. MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 11th Jan (2 Viewers)

jordan210

They’ve sold 300 tickets. They’ve never bought any numbers to us or anywhere

apparently they have sold around 500 as of a few days ago.

We really need to win this one. League is very close at the moment so the more points we get on the board the better as teams will start to slip and slide soon.

Sky Blue Pete

Every now and again you read a sentence that reminds you what a shit situation our club has fallen into - “decent crowd 7.5k” - such a shame more aren’t part of this brilliant season.
Personal choice, however they are only forcing themselves to miss out

Briles

Got a feeling Robins might mix it up for this one. I know people say dont change a winning team but the games are coming thick and fast and he needs to get the likes of Allen, Jones Pask and Biamou playing in competitive games to bring them up to speed for the run in in case of Injury/Fatigue. Plus I think MK are going to play for the point and we may need Biamou to ruffle their defenders.

D

Deleted member 2477

Good performance saturday and we should be in automatic promotion place. The top teams all playing each other so its a 6 pointer in my opinion and time to stamp our mark on the promotion challenge hopefully pulling away from the pack

ccfcway

Every now and again you read a sentence that reminds you what a shit situation our club has fallen into - “decent crowd 7.5k” - such a shame more aren’t part of this brilliant season.

every time I walk in St. Andrews I feel that. It’s woeful.

bawtryneal

Good performance saturday and we should be in automatic promotion place. The top teams all playing each other so its a 6 pointer in my opinion and time to stamp our mark on the promotion challenge hopefully pulling away from the pack

I agree. The most important game of the season so far and a must win if we are to keep the momentum going and get into the autos
Looking forward to it as I didn`t go to Bristol or Tranmere
Predict a 2-0 win to the mighty Sky Blues

clint van damme

I agree. The most important game of the season so far and a must win if we are to keep the momentum going and get into the autos
Looking forward to it as I didn`t go to Bristol or Tranmere
Predict a 2-0 win to the mighty Sky Blues

bit worried about this one to be honest. Don't know why, perhaps their recent up turn but think it could be tricky.

cc84cov

McCallum should be fine after last weeks injury scare
There has been interest from clubs in Westbrooke
Robins wants to give him a new deal - Westbrooke keen to sign one too
Wants to give JJ a new deal too
They're having a look at Ponti but he needs to prove himself
Interest probably as he’s out of contract and want him cheap or free,I think him & JJ will sign

SkyBlueCRJ

Interest probably as he’s out of contract and want him cheap or free,I think him & JJ will sign

Probably. Plus he's still relatively young and obviously performing well so you can see why clubs are enquiring. I don't see any reason why both won't sign though. Westbrooke is getting regular game time here and we've stuck by JJ through 2 horrendous years for him.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

I think Robins said he wouldn’t be surprised if there was interest and not there is actual interest?

Sky Blues boss looks to tie down Zain Westbrooke on new deal

SkyBlueCRJ

I think Robins said he wouldn’t be surprised if there was interest and not there is actual interest?

Sky Blues boss looks to tie down Zain Westbrooke on new deal

Yeah might've misread as in all honesty I didn't really know what he meant as he said 'maybe there's interest' in the twitter thread. It's a pretty straight question either there's interest or there isn't so bit of a vague response.

EDIT: Like for instance when questioned about interest in Shipley/McCallum he shuts it down immediately. 'I don’t pay any attention to it because no-one has picked up the phone to me to speak about anyone.' But then gives a leading response about Westbrooke. Just seems odd but even as I'm typing I'm clearly looking far too much into it!

Last edited:

chiefdave

All sounds fair enough.

Saw a Telegraph click bait article doing the rounds this morning trying to make out Jones was on his way but it was just that his contract up and prior to his two years out injured there was interest in him. From everything you hear he's worked hard to get back, and been through some tough times mentally, so think he deserves a chance to prove himself.

SkyBlueCRJ

All sounds fair enough.

Saw a Telegraph click bait article doing the rounds this morning trying to make out Jones was on his way but it was just that his contract up and prior to his two years out injured there was interest in him. From everything you hear he's worked hard to get back, and been through some tough times mentally, so think he deserves a chance to prove himself.

I'll admit I wrongly thought Jones' career was over after the second ACL but as you rightly said he's worked his socks off to get where he is now so I think he definitely deserves another contract.

Grendel

3 digs at us in 5 pages. It’s small fry compared to the amount of digs we give each other on every thread on here

Zzzzzzzzzz

Briles

Im pretty sure you're taught not to pass across your own box as a kid for that very reason

robbiekeane

The passing was all a bit too loose, but it is amazing how many people making out like he is completely exempt from criticism in this instance when his touch was genuinely worse than mine
I'm not saying he couldn't and shouldn't have done better, even if he just put his foot through it and stuck it in the stands. But it was a shit pass by Walsh and there are about 4 of their players in our quarter of the pitch pressing hard and the ball was pretty much half volleyed to him with some spin on it. Add all of that pressure and the fact he's a league 1 CB and that's a suicide ball.

Also RE "trapping" the ball...you mean stick your foot on top of it? Is it just me that had that fully coached out of me when we were playing when younger because its so risky?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Im pretty sure you're taught not to pass across your own box as a kid for that very reason
Football has developed a tad since we were kids. Any side that plays the style of football we do does it all the time. Ever since the Guardiola Barcelona revolution of football of around 2009, you have seen rules like 'don't pass across your own box' pretty much ripped up. I agree, in that situation it was overplayed, but that's no excuse for such a terrible touch when it does come to him.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I'm not saying he couldn't and shouldn't have done better, even if he just put his foot through it and stuck it in the stands. But it was a shit pass by Walsh and there are about 4 of their players in our quarter of the pitch pressing hard and the ball was pretty much half volleyed to him with some spin on it. Add all of that pressure and the fact he's a league 1 CB and that's a suicide ball.

Also RE "trapping" the ball...you mean stick your foot on top of it? Is it just me that had that fully coached out of me when we were playing when younger because its so risky?
It wasn't me who used 'trapping' the ball, but I completely agree with your point. Trapping hasn't been a thing for a long time. He should have got rid of it, the touch is poor, what happened before was unnecessary. He should still shoulder some of the blame when it gets to that point though.

Users who are viewing this thread