Match Thread Coventry City vs. Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Dec (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Good performanxe

Co teolles game bar first 15 mins of 2nd half

We still dont create enough clear cut opoetunties but do play some lovely stuff up to that point lol

Both eingbscks poor today. No idea why mcallum linked to prem clubs . I know hes yoing but hes shown nothing to suggest hes a specisl tslent.rare off day from dabo

Liked all 4 midfielders passing play snd cbs did s good job. Godden when in game performed well

Big 3 pts

As for st andrews its alright tbf. Nice pitch. 5 quid uber from new st. And atmosphere was ok. Old school ground

clint van damme

Kin hell fellas. We've won...results went our way. Have a drink and enjoy it.

Think is we're close to having a team that could have us celebrating promotion and the same mistakes that stopped us reaching the play offs last season could potentially bite us on the arse again.

I'm often the one who's giving it the I would have took this at the start of the season, but we're falling in to the same traps that saw us fall short last year. There comes a time when you get exasperated with it

stupot07

Looking at whoscored .dom 12 of our 15 shots were from outside the box including our goal.

The 3 in the box. Kelly had 5 of our 15 shots.

Godden shots
713415a58bdcd261848e6f799a6045ff.jpg

Shipley shots
395b79866ba328d447f766b47905c2ec.jpg

Westbrook shots
56fa79706f1e55f847fe5dd56b6d89c4.jpg

Kelly shots
06d2a6b0568aaa041b53b9f96e718dde.jpg

Walsh shots
c08dc16697f1636d6a3fb77795be8664.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Think is we're close to having a team that could have us celebrating promotion and the same mistakes that stopped us reaching the play offs last season could potentially bite us on the arse again.

I'm often the one who's giving it the I would have took this at the start of the season, but we're falling in to the same traps that saw us fall short last year. There comes a time when you get exasperated with it
Everything you've said is right. But I still go back to the point that we're 5th in the table, one win from the autos and with only 3 defeats from 21 games. That means we're hard to beat...even if we do have too many draws.

I get what you're getting at....if we sort those mistakes out, we could be top or 2nd by a margin. 100% agree. But those (not you) who say Robin's doesn't have a clue are talking complete and utter nonsense. One of our most successful managers ever yet Bob from Nuneaton thinks the taxi line should start getting warmed up.

We're L1 with a manager for our level. He'll mistakes but hes much better qualified than anyone on here to make this mistakes. Should be immune from criticism...no. Do a number on here need to calm their tits? 100%.

Not directed at you by the way CVD.

Irish Sky Blue

Me too.

Robins out though.
Hard to understand the constant carping of some people. Apart from 15 minutes at the start of the second half, this was a game that we totally dominated and thouroughly deserved to win. Yes, we could and should have won by more. The fact we didn’t is again down to poor finishing rather than any fault with the system. The chances were again created. Lincoln looked poor apart from their 15 minute burst but that was because we made them look poor. Their recent form has been good. Robins sent out a determined, attacking team who deservedly won the game playing attractive football. This isn’t good enough for some.

Grendel

Hard to understand the constant carping of some people. Apart from 15 minutes at the start of the second half, this was a game that we totally dominated and thouroughly deserved to win. Yes, we could and should have won by more. The fact we didn’t is again down to poor finishing rather than any fault with the system. The chances were again created. Lincoln looked poor apart from their 15 minute burst but that was because we made them look poor. Their recent form has been good. Robins sent out a determined, attacking team who deservedly won the game playing attractive football. This isn’t good enough for some.

Given this squad and current league position what is an acceptable finish after 44 games?

ccfcway

The negativity around this site is crazy. Many couldn’t get their heads around Ipswich fans booing their team off recently. This is the Ipswich a whopping 2 points ahead of us.

Stayed off the match thread during the game today as it’s depressing the amount of negativity around for a team still in the mix. We are gonna have to make a decision soon, as if people are calling for the taxi after the league one Boxing Day results, it will be double time...

Irish Sky Blue

Given this squad and current league position what is an acceptable finish after 44 games?
Progress on last season. Considering we have only briefly slipped outside the play offs once this season, we are currently on course to do this. Your question implies that with this squad we should be doing better. Who assembled this squad?

ccfcway

And what's more...this is the other table I'm keeping an eye on....
46fa83bed5e08447cf74b7d5c5fd6ab5.jpg

They have only played 6 games ?, bloody hell, seems so much more with the comments on here. How many do they have to play ? How many go down ?

Frank Sidebottom

They have only played 6 games ?, bloody hell, seems so much more with the comments on here. How many do they have to play ? How many go down ?
Only 22 games in the league, Lots of euro/cup nonsense though.
Its 1 up, 1 down. Coventry are currently 2nd in the Championship..... unfortunately some 10 points behind Newcastle.

Johhny Blue

The extra game might just sneak us into autos.
I think finishing outside of the top 6 would be a disappointment (Although not necessary a disaster)

DannyThomas_1981

What was the arugement that they won ?

I know it’s not all about the result, but we were the better team, over 90 mins in a neutral venue.

Seems we can’t even be happy at a 1-0 win now.

Very little mention about another good defensive display, clean sheet and mcfaz performance despite calls for pask to replace him.

Agree 100%.

Woolly68

My third trip up to St Andrews this season from North Devon. Have seen 2 wins so far. Hoping for same again and going for a 3-1 win. Hopefully not everyone is last minute Christmas shopping and we get at least 6k there.
Another win. 3 out of 3 for my visits this season. Not quite 3-1 but a good solid display. As others have mentioned, we were taking a lot of pop shots outside the box yesterday, which was great to see. Great passing game. Healthy crowd. Now a Boxing Day rest while other teams get tired and injured. Is the Sunday game on iFollow?

clint van damme

Another win. 3 out of 3 for my visits this season. Not quite 3-1 but a good solid display. As others have mentioned, we were taking a lot of pop shots outside the box yesterday, which was great to see. Great passing game. Healthy crowd. Now a Boxing Day rest while other teams get tired and injured. Is the Sunday game on iFollow?

Fair play to you and others making long haul journeys yesterday. Can't of been the easiest of days to travel.

Helped a blind Lincoln fan to Bordesley green rail station. Travels away every week. That is dedication. Gave me a very small insight into the difficulties blind people face.

Skyblueweeman

Some of you guys hate follow Waps more than actual Wasps fans do for fun.
That's because they're parasitical nomads who shouldn't be here, are implicit in our situation in Birmingham and are doing their best (intentionally or not) to piss off a number of local communities.

The only people I feel sorry for are their original fans.

The sooner the club goes bust or goes back to London, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread