Match Thread Coventry City vs. Ipswich Town Match Thread - Sunday 1st Dec (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

On their site it says you can buy right up to kick off so unless our allocation sells out and they don't want to open another block I'd imagine you can.
Thanks for the info

Sky Blue Harry H

Norwood suspended for the league game against us, so more likely to start this.

Gibbo

I would like to see Westbrooke and Allen tried together, along with Kelly in the midfield. Westbrooke has got his chance because Bayliss was sold and his like for like replacement, Allen, has been injured. When Allen was hurt at Swindon, it was Westbrooke who came on. But Westbrooke appears to have grown, and is clearly very creative while Allen is a very busy player, so the two could gel. But it is a defensive risk, so I would like to try it in a cup game.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I would like to see Westbrooke and Allen tried together, along with Kelly in the midfield. Westbrooke has got his chance because Bayliss was sold and his like for like replacement, Allen, has been injured. When Allen was hurt at Swindon, it was Westbrooke who came on. But Westbrooke appears to have grown, and is clearly very creative while Allen is a very busy player, so the two could gel. But it is a defensive risk, so I would like to try it in a cup game.

I think Allen's game will be more akin to Shipley's than Westbrooke - very busy around midfield while looking to get forward to have a go at goal - so he's probably the one most at risk. Nice to have the three pushing each other and available to step in if one of them gets injured/suspended.

CanadianCCFC

Is Allen ready to start? I don’t know but I think that midfield 3 would be better against worse teams when we get a lot of possession.

Gibbo

NO
I think Allen's game will be more akin to Shipley's than Westbrooke - very busy around midfield while looking to get forward to have a go at goal - so he's probably the one most at risk. Nice to have the three pushing each other and available to step in if one of them gets injured/suspended.

No I don't agree I - having seen him at Swindon Allen was clearly earmarked to replace Bayliss but with more zip around the park, and more nowse. Shipley is a midfield workhorse by comparison. Heaven knows how you fit O'Hara, Allen and Westbrooke in the same team if we have Max and Godden up front.

I confess I am a Westbrooke admirer and have been ever since seeing his potential against Southend last year. Neat, skillful if at this point a little lightweight

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

NO

No I don't agree I - having seen him at Swindon Allen was clearly earmarked to replace Bayliss but with more zip around the park, and more nowse. Shipley is a midfield workhorse by comparison. Heaven knows how you fit O'Hara, Allen and Westbrooke in the same team if we have Max and Godden up front.

I confess I am a Westbrooke admirer and have been ever since seeing his potential against Southend last year. Neat, skillful if at this point a little lightweight

Fair enough. I guess we shall have to wait and see.

As for how to fit O'Hare, Allen and Westbrooke in if we play two up top - we don't. At least one would miss out. Although I think he's a very exciting player O'Hare seemed to have the most impact for us off the bench whereas I feel the other two will help wear the opposition out with their passing etc. Westbrooke usually looks a bit tired after 60-70 mins anyway so would be a likely swap between them.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Did you forget youd already replied? Big day on the carling and the bookies?
Carling is gnat's piss and I don't gamble. The SBT Bookie thing is no more dangerous than playing Monopoly. IT'S NOT REAL FUCKIN' MONEY YOU DICKHEAD! And whether I reply once, twice or eleventy twenty times, that's my prerogative.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It’s your what sorry?
What?? You don't know what a prerogative is?? It comes before a rogative! Idiot! And you need a comma after the word, "what". If you're going to post wrong comments about language and grammar, make sure you get it right yourself. You just look stupid!

robbiekeane

What?? You don't know what a prerogative is?? It comes before a rogative! Idiot! And you need a comma after the word, "what". If you're going to post wrong comments about language and grammar, make sure you get it right yourself. You just look stupid!
Think you need another carling

ccfcway

Centre Midfield will become a strength of ours.

Walsh, o’hare, Allen, Westbrooke, Shipley, kelly all for 3 places

CCFC88

Centre Midfield will become a strength of ours.

Walsh, o’hare, Allen, Westbrooke, Shipley, kelly all for 3 places
All need managing correctly, Kelly will probably play every game when available and feel Allen will just be happy to be on the pitch when he is given the last 3 months.

The other 4 will need managing well to keep them performing at their best I think, a lovely problem to have but could be channelling to keep 4 young hungry lads happy

Legia Sky Blue

2 previous games stick out for me. Firstly a 4-1 win when Mick Ferguson scored all 4 goals, when Bobby Robson had spent the week leading up to the game talking about signing Fergie if he played well. He obviously never expected him to play that well!

The second game is not so much to do with the match, but the crowd. It was Boxing Day at the time when the West End was divided between home & away fans so possibly 1976. Anyhow there was a bumper crowd of 28,000+, which was almost double what we would have got any other time of year, but in the Ipswich half of the West End there must have been around only 20 of their fans, despite them being a top team at the time. To this day I don't think I ever seen fewer away fans, even in the lower divisions we've inhabited these last few years.

Johhny Blue

2 previous games stick out for me. Firstly a 4-1 win when Mick Ferguson scored all 4 goals, when Bobby Robson had spent the week leading up to the game talking about signing Fergie if he played well. He obviously never expected him to play that well!

The second game is not so much to do with the match, but the crowd. It was Boxing Day at the time when the West End was divided between home & away fans so possibly 1976. Anyhow there was a bumper crowd of 28,000+, which was almost double what we would have got any other time of year, but in the Ipswich half of the West End there must have been around only 20 of their fans, despite them being a top team at the time. To this day I don't think I ever seen fewer away fans, even in the lower divisions we've inhabited these last few years.
Does 7 ring a bell?

Sky Blue Harry H

Game at the weekend and this is the first post of the day! Poor - come on guys. Having listened to Paul Lambert's pre-match ramble (he's a right cumudgeonly sod) it sounds that he may not pick Norwood, despite him being banned for the league game. I wasn't who;;y convinced that he's that bothered with this game (despite him not being able to say that to the local press) His team selection should tell us a bit.

chiefdave

Don't think there's much hope of picking up a stream of an international broadcast. Anywhere overseas is far more likely to be showing one of the 2pm Prem games.

Covstu

Is paying on the gate the same price? I’m going but haven’t been arsed to get a ticket yet for me and the little one. Joys of a ST you don’t have to worry about paying each week!

Mcbean

Game at the weekend and this is the first post of the day! Poor - come on guys. Having listened to Paul Lambert's pre-match ramble (he's a right cumudgeonly sod) it sounds that he may not pick Norwood, despite him being banned for the league game. I wasn't who;;y convinced that he's that bothered with this game (despite him not being able to say that to the local press) His team selection should tell us a bit.
He is a Scot you know - never known for being happy !

Sky Blue Pete

Robins words on max

“The fact that I wanted to keep him would suggest not because we all saw what he was capable of in the second half of the League Two campaign where he just grew in confidence and quality, and belief in himse

Sky Blue Harry H

Is paying on the gate the same price? I’m going but haven’t been arsed to get a ticket yet for me and the little one. Joys of a ST you don’t have to worry about paying each week!
Think a ticket in advance saves a £ or so, but it's still fairly cheap pay on he gate iirc.

SlowerThanPlatt

Their second team still has some good players. Looking at their lineup against Lincoln they had Alan Judge, Emyr Huws, Will Keane and Andre Dozzell who was very highly rated prior to his injury.

Lincoln played the majority of their first team

ccfc1234

Tomorrow

--------------------------Marosi-----------------------
Dabo----------Rose----------Hyam-----mcallum
----------------------------Kelly--------------------------
-------------------Walsh-------Allen-----------------
----Westbrooke---------------------------Shipply--------------------------------Max---------------------
Impact sub: O'Hare

Midweek

---------------------------Wilson---------------------
Watson-------McFaz-------Drysdale----Mason
--------------Walsh-----Eccles--Shippley----------
-----O'hare--------------Baka-----------Bapaga----

Users who are viewing this thread