Match Thread Coventry City vs. Ipswich Town Match Thread - Saturday 7th Dec (3 Viewers)

ccfcway

McCallum MOTM for me

loved the handbags. Who was the sub that was booked? Not seen that happen in a while.

good to see Allen back. Looks lively

Kastaneer. Impact non sub. He did a Tyson fury and changed sports. Went from footballer to MMA

Evo1883

We've had a really tough time with injuries and still find ourselves in and around... Great to see players coming back now and I think we will do better second half of the season.

We've not done bad all things considered

Liquid Gold

Was a good game of football with both teams going for the win. None of the 11 men behind the ball crap you get at this level.

NortonSkyBlue

Ipswich are a class outfit and we did well to stay in touch. Second half we pressed better and turned the tables on them which was great to see.
We are a good team that with a settled side could go on a winning run but we have an Achilles heel defending set pieces.
Mason for me should be ahead of Sam and great to see Max leading the line again, pair him with a mobile player and have the midfielders join them and we will be okay.
Ipswich's pass and move was excellent and they had a potent target man but once we earned the right to play we had them on the back foot. I can't wait to see Kelly and Allen in the same midfield.

Blind-Faith

A point against the best team in the league? I’ll take that all day long. Atleast we aren’t Sunderland fans tonight!!

SlowerThanPlatt

Shrewsbury look a tough test next game. They don’t score many nor concede many (19, two less than us) and kept out free scoring Oxford today. Going nicely under Ricketts

covcity4life

Game of 2 halves. Happy with pt. We need to start putting in 90 min performsnces but first game of december we 6th snd not million miles away from top 2. We are a good team

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

unless Biamou gets a 40 yard volley he’s totally clueless as a footballer so yes even Bakayoko is better

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Wouldn’t agree with that. Great performance great game but absolutely right to point out how we can be even better

Yeah - fair enough. During the game stuff, I get it, but just thought we did really well to fight back against a good team, and don't get people griping when players are clearly giving their all.

lifeskyblue

Much better second half from all players; better tempo, more confident in possession and winning second balls. Even Baka on the right wing looked much improved. He seemed to give himself more time, better control and picked a few decent passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Much better second half from all players; better tempo, more confident in possession and winning second balls. Even Baka on the right wing looked much improved. He seemed to give himself more time, better control and picked a few decent passes.

Member Baka playing wide left once thinking he looked better as a winger maybe worth looking at

Mcbean

Very enfused about Allen - pocket full of dynamite - Baka as said did pretty well on the rhs when they changed formation - Max just keeps on going !

lifeskyblue

Very enfused about Allen - pocket full of dynamite - Baka as said did pretty well on the rhs when they changed formation - Max just keeps on going !

Yes Allen a real live wire. Looks no bigger than your average ball boy but certainly injects impetus in the midfield and more than shippers and westbrooke puts in a challenge.

CanadianCCFC

Anyone who sticks up for that donkey is a clown
He’s not very good but you said he wouldn’t have done what Godden did to set up Allen’s chance when he did something identical last week to set up O’Hare’s goal. Not sure what part of that you don’t get

RegTheDonk

Real game of two halves. TBF they are a bloomin good outfit and we almost seemed in awe of them - it was amazing how crap we were to how well we responded after the break.

Someone who understands tactics will have to explain if its' because we changed they system, but whatever the reason we looked more hungry, determined, and confident we could turn it around. Shame Alan could have sealed all the points but a fair result.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Good game that. Agree with the general sentiment, they pressed very high early on and stopped our usual game from getting going. We didn’t look like we had an answer for a while until tactical genius robins went to 4-3-3 ;) Much better second half, Thought Ipswich tired and our change of formation threw them. We seemed to misplace a lot of passes today, but maybe that was more due to Ipswich pressing and us not getting time on the ball (although a lot of the long diagonal balls didn’t find their man either).

Great to see Allen coming on and looking lively, Baka had a good game, McFadz one of his best so far and O’Hare was full of beans. Just need to convert some of these draws into wins or we risk playing lovely football and missing out on the playoffs. Think autos is too much unless we suddenly find our scoring boots.

Users who are viewing this thread