Match Thread Coventry City vs Grimsby Town Match Thread - Saturday 24th Mar (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Sounds rubbish mate, but you can be sure she's in the right hands. Best of luck to the both of you!

I may be cheeky, but if she's in recovery she's probably not going to notice if you slip to the Ricoh for an hour or two...
I’m sure your 11 a side won’t notice your negligible talents being at the Ricoh either...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I’m sure your 11 a side won’t notice your negligible talents being at the Ricoh either...

When you word it like that it's really tempting. We've got 13 so technically we could field a side without me. However, I'm not joking when I say half the lads struggle to tie their own shoe laces...

Luckily we have no game over the easter weekend so I'm going to Newport!

Otis

You have to admire gallows humour.

Just seen a bunch of Grimsby fans merrily singing along.

Might have got the lyrics slightly wrong but it was something along the lines of ...

'Doesn't matter who we play,
We lost last week and we'll lose today.'

:)

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just seen a bunch of Grimsby fan's merrily singing along.

Might have got the lyrics slightly wrong but it was something along the lines of ...

Used to make me chuckle last season when teams would be winning at the Ricoh and would sing “how S**t must you be we’re winning away” & the response back was “you’re nothing special we lose every week”

itsabuzzard

Just seen a bunch of Grimsby fan's merrily singing along.

Superfluous apostrophe. Sorry.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

Would’ve kept LOB between the sticks. Surprised Haynes remains in the side after being responsible for the past 2 goals we’ve conceded (cue the defence from the Haynes and Burge fan club).

Esoterica

With Bayliss' fitness in question and Kelly showing last week what he can do with more licence I hope we don't end up regretting rushing him into this. If there was a game to rest him in the remaining fixtures then Grimbsy at home surely must be it. Would much rather he was fully fit for a hard to beat Newport away on Friday.

PTA

Would’ve kept LOB between the sticks. Surprised Haynes remains in the side after being responsible for the past 2 goals we’ve conceded (cue the defence from the Haynes and Burge fan club).
I think he's only keeping Haynes in because Stokes is the only back-up potential CB at the moment, so playing him over Haynes and him getting injured or sent off means we have nothing at all in way of cover at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread