Match Thread Coventry City vs Grimsby Town Match Thread - Saturday 24th Mar (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Surely we can't lose to the lowest scorer's in the division, can we?

Otis

If they are as bad as Barnet were in front of goal then I don't see a problem
Yeah, wouldn't have mattered if Burge had been ill for that game, we could have just put in a cardboard cut out or a wet sponge. Their shooting was abysmal.

tigersb

2-0 half-time
They score with 10 mins left
7mins added time
Nervous wreck at the end

Bristol sky blue

Simeon Jackson: the most disappointing signing in recent years in my book... thought he'd be decent, was very disappointing....

Mind you, I remember thinking that Darius Henderson would be a useful loan at the time! Didn't realise that his legs had completely gone....

Tommo72

Sometimes I think a little more faith is required, we are clearly getting results against teams that in previous season we would have drawn or lost to.

3-0 Cov

Nick

Administrator
I want to feel confident about it, but there's always that feeling there where it could be a silly goalkeeping mistake like Newport or Exeter.

Hopefully JCH will bully Clarke a bit though, he is probably as slow as me so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Heart says 3-0 us.
Head says 2-1 us.

Otis

Simeon Jackson: the most disappointing signing in recent years in my book... thought he'd be decent, was very disappointing....

Mind you, I remember thinking that Darius Henderson would be a useful loan at the time! Didn't realise that his legs had completely gone....
Neither did he until he was put clean through at Peterborough.

Nick

Administrator
Has Vernam ever played? He was injured for us most of the time, when he did appear his boots were very clean though.

Otis

Clarke is crap, Mcsheffrey could start and looks to still have it, Vernam & Jackson injured
Clarke has no turning ability, so if players run at him with pace and twist and turn, he usually ends up on his backside or blowing out his cheeks.

Tommo72

He played a few games for us, looked a good player aswell

I see you had sold 600 tickets by Wednesday I believe, not a bad effort considering. Are your idiots expected to tag along for this one? I know they were expecting trouble when we came up earlier in the season and it didn’t materialise.

GTFCfan

I see you had sold 600 tickets by Wednesday I believe, not a bad effort considering. Are your idiots expected to tag along for this one? I know they were expecting trouble when we came up earlier in the season and it didn’t materialise.
Last update we got was 800 tickets.

And i would be very surprised if the idiots wasn't part of that number unfortunatley

Mucca Mad Boys

The team should remain unchanged, injuries permitting. Really hope we turn a corner and smash someone 3 or 4-0.

Great_Expectations

I’m actually really looking forward to tomorrow. Especially as I’ve had to miss the last few for various reasons.

I am feeling confident re play offs and if we keep winning then the autos may well be a possibility.

It would be great for us to win convincingly for a change; especially with Clarke’s lack of pace. Surely the game plan has to be balls behind for JCH/McNulty and potentially even Reid on the wing too. Surely we have to go all out attack against a poor side (based on league position) with no confidence.

Esoterica

The EFL have confirmed who will be the match officials against Grimsby Town this weekend.

Ollie Yates will be the man in the middle of the Sky Blues clash against the Mariners in Sky Bet League Two action.

This season, Yates has officiated in just the one League Two game, during last week’s match between Cheltenham and Chesterfield, where the game ended 1-1 and during the match Ollie gave three yellow cards.

It will be the first time since October 2016, when the Sky Blues beat Northampton Town 3-1 in the Checkatrade Trophy at the Ricoh Arena.

He will be assisted by Ronald Ganfield and Kevin Morris, while Trevor Kettle will act as fourth official.
OFFICIALS: Referee Watch Versus Grimsby Town

eastwoodsdustman

The EFL have confirmed who will be the match officials against Grimsby Town this weekend.

Ollie Yates will be the man in the middle of the Sky Blues clash against the Mariners in Sky Bet League Two action.

This season, Yates has officiated in just the one League Two game, during last week’s match between Cheltenham and Chesterfield, where the game ended 1-1 and during the match Ollie gave three yellow cards.

It will be the first time since October 2016, when the Sky Blues beat Northampton Town 3-1 in the Checkatrade Trophy at the Ricoh Arena.

He will be assisted by Ronald Ganfield and Kevin Morris, while Trevor Kettle will act as fourth official.
OFFICIALS: Referee Watch Versus Grimsby Town

I hope Trevor Kettle doesn't have to step in. He's always whistling.

Users who are viewing this thread