Match Thread Coventry City vs. Fleetwood Town Match Thread - Wednesday 23rd Oct (1 Viewer)

Grendel

McFadzean was awful, Biamou was so unfit he was useless, we’re getting relegated and I look forward to MR being sacked.

Absolutely embarrassing stuff on here.

Love the defeatists being proved wrong.

Awesome and you can also moan next season when there’s you there and very few others as I suspect a nice green pitch is a novelty that will soon wear off

Paxman II

Credit MR for brave changes at H/T with 3 at the back I had been calling for and bombing wingbacks. There you go. Kelly welcome back.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Even though I thought he got it wrong originally, you have to praise Robins for changing it at half time. Biamou and Kelly changed the game, they both must start next game. This could be the win that gets us back on track, but we need Godden back sooner rather than later though as the problem of goals still remains.

I agree. Just got to make sure they recover properly and don't have a reaction. Not sure Biamou is yet up to 90 mins but he needs to play a part. Great effort from him

Liquid Gold

The thing that makes a difference is playing your best players in their best positions. Baka and Max are below this level and McFadzean has been making errors all over the place but having them on allowed us to put our captain and our most creative player in O'Hare in the middle which got the win.

larry_david

Ah Liam Kelly. You are Coventry City at the moment. What a player he is for us. If Walsh starts ahead of him on sat I'll eat my hat.

System change was brilliant. Out thought joey Barton who could not react.

Max was unreal. What a difference two up top makes. Outlets for us and we won headers all of a sudden.

Dabo mom for me. Leaders on pitch needed and a great finish from baka tbf. When he doesn't have to think about it, it works

Grendel

Not saying it does. The meltdown need to be controlled a bit more though, as does the 'meltups' when we win a couple.

It’s forum behaviour

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Definitely a game of two halves. I was complaining to my uncle at half time that we didn’t look like scoring and that Fleetwood were a far better team! (Threw in “what the hell is Biamou and Bakayoko doing as our strikers)

must admit Biamou played well and I’m warming a lot to Dabo despite my clearly jumping ahead opinions.

Big challenge on Saturday, can’t afford to miss our chances - but back to optimistic! Great win!

mark82

lets continue this 4th in the league slump

Tranmere we didn't play badly and we should've won. Been pretty abject the past few other than that. The team clearly have potential so if they are not fulfilling that at times then people will get frustrated.

Esoterica

Who is going to claim they were the architect of that second half performance then? Anyone?
Well I did 45 minutes on the exercise bike first hlaf and then drank a couple of beers 2nd half, so it seems that my switch to drinking beer inspired us to score.

covmark

Awesome and you can also moan next season when there’s you there and very few others as I suspect a nice green pitch is a novelty that will soon wear off
This is the match thread. You've been wrong now twice today. Won't admit it. So now throw in our ground situation to score a few more internet points.
Have a day off mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

yes and I’ll take it any time but honestly this is a joke situation - come winter if we don’t keep scrambling wind attendances will get even lower

the club is on life support and it’s to me a far bigger issue

The off the field situation is one thing.

But on the field tonight was simply a fantastic turn around - just enjoy the win man and stop being negative.

Any comments on how Max performed by the way?

Grendel

The off the field situation is one thing.

But on the field tonight was simply a fantastic turn around - just enjoy the win man and stop being negative.

Any comments on how Max performed by the way?

I suggested he came on at half time - I’ve never questioned his effort as it’s beyond question

Users who are viewing this thread