Match Thread Coventry City vs. Doncaster Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 27th Oct (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMatt

Just got home from the game after a early start. Absolutely buzzing!!!! First half we were fantastic, completely in control and i don't know about anyone else but I felt confident.

Second half was a different story but at FT we got the points. 5 on the bounce!! Can't believe we're not in the play offs places after that!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I was there, were you? Maybe we could have a chat before the next home game...
Why would I want to do that?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SkyBlueMatt

Autos has to be the aim

Pompey Barnsley Sunderland and pboro look the strongest teams in league

And we have won loss draw and yet to play vs them. Nothing to fear.

Like I said few days ago 10-15 wins in a row and we can relax come march time.
Completely getting carried away, love the optimism though! Of course it should be robins and the players goal but the fans need to be realistic.

kg82

Well done to all, we need to take a deep breath and give credit to Doncaster who went for it. They deserved a draw, got nothing and I am delighted with that.
We have to remember there are two teams out there and they had a go, they were on the front foot yet we saw the game out.
Fans look for the perfect game and this wasn't it.

Perfectly put

cc84cov

Just having a browse on Doncaster forum someone on their reporting Wasps made the home dressing room out of bounds today not sure where both teams got changed if true...

Odd

Nick

Administrator
Just having a browse on Doncaster forum someone on their reporting Wasps made the home dressing room out of bounds today not sure where both teams got changed if true...

Odd

Hasn't it been like that a while? We use a different one.

cc84cov

Hasn't it been like that a while? We use a different one.
Ah ok didn’t know Nick...

Seen Tim Fisher at the game today scruffy moron fingers crossed we get a deal sorted for the Ricoh past experience with his actions worry me.

Sky Blue Harry H

To cheer us up a bit more. Sean McConville, one of Accy Stanley's better players picked up a booking, so I'm pretty sure he's banned for their game against us. Every little helps!

Nick

Administrator
He didn't play against us at the Ricoh last year either. Didn't make too much difference!

covcity4life

Completely getting carried away, love the optimism though! Of course it should be robins and the players goal but the fans need to be realistic.

In my defence I was always targeting promotion last year when many on here were saying top 10 would be a good season

Astute

Subs didn’t work Jodi Jones is way off match sharpness after such a long lay off it’s expected fingers crossed he comes back the same player.
Is it all to do with the subs or is it that they went full out in the second half for the win? Should we have continued to push forward looking for more goals after they had set up to push forward?

Yes Jones will need a bit of playing time to get to match fitness. Just like at the start of the season we had other players that needed it. We have gone from looking relegation candidates to looking at promotion if you have listened to many. Some of us said give it time and we will climb the table. But we were supposed to be mid table at best.

Effcee

Unchanged team, high scoring game.

Definitely capable of winning but I've got a horrible feeling today will be the day Davies gets himself sent off.

Bit chilly out and we don't like that much either.

But I'll be positive - Davies won't get sent off and we'll win 3-2
Didn't even get a yellow and put in another excellent performance... you must be gutted

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Didn't even get a yellow and put in another excellent performance... you must be gutted

Not at all - delighted.

But he just has a tendency to stupidly retaliate to stuff on occasion and sooner or later a ref will spot it and he'll get sent off. Don't want him to but the fact is he does it.

We were missing him for most of the play-offs due to retrospective action. Willis seems to be the type of player who is never 100% fit and carrying a niggle of some description so while we can afford to miss one or the other of them occasionally with Hyam coming in after that I don't think the likes of Thompson, Williams etc are quite ready for a sustained run in the team yet.

Users who are viewing this thread