Match Thread Coventry City vs. Doncaster Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 27th Oct (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I’d hate to put a team together to play against us at the minute. Sit too deep and it gives us too much time to pick you off, too attacking and we’ve got pace in behind. Try and win the midfield battle and you’ve got to out fox Doyle or out skill Bayliss. Play it long and you have to trust your strikers to regularly beat the centre backs. Team is coming together very nicely.

speedie87

Reckon the second half was all down to tiredness, last 5 mins of first half you could players were no longer able to close players down properly.

Can’t decide if the defending deep in second half was a good thing or not.

One thing for sure we wouldn’t have hung on like that 2 seasons ago with a back 4 with turnbull, Clarke , Kelly Evans and Haynes in it

Covstu

Don’t think I can take another half like that to be honest. Thought it was suicidal but our defence was outstanding and held the line well but a massive stroke of luck at the end thanks to Brown.

Wouldn’t like to play like that again personally but a wins a win!

Covstu

Reckon the second half was all down to tiredness, last 5 mins of first half you could players were no longer able to close players down properly.

Can’t decide if the defending deep in second half was a good thing or not.

One thing for sure we wouldn’t have hung on like that 2 seasons ago with a back 4 with turnbull, Clarke , Kelly Evans and Haynes in it
Yep we would have folded without a doubt, nearly did!

fernandopartridge

Settle down girls.

We won't be able to outplayed other teams for 90 minutes. They made changes and went for it in the second half. They had plenty of chances but not many on target. Yes mistakes were made. But that is why they are playing in division 3.

Enjoy the rest of the evening. 5 wins on the trot. And take it easy on Brown. He might not have had a good game. But that goal he stopped right at the end gave us the win. He stayed switched on until the final whistle. I wish all our players could do the same.
Spot on. The game is about 2 teams, if we could completely control games we'd not be in league 1

Ashdown

Doncaster won't be far away in the reckoning so this is a very good result. Our starting line up is beginning to firm up as well and I like a stable team. We are gelling nicely and credit does have to be given to the managerial team. For this level we really have a decent set of forward players and I think goals will come easier now after an unimpressive goal tally at the start of the season. Great to see both Hiwula and Thomas score, both guys will grow in confidence for these successes. Great day at the sporting office for a Cov lad, be good if Cov Blaze could make it another win tonight ! Onwards and Upwards !......... Oh and the pests lost !

covcity4life

Autos has to be the aim

Pompey Barnsley Sunderland and pboro look the strongest teams in league

And we have won loss draw and yet to play vs them. Nothing to fear.

Like I said few days ago 10-15 wins in a row and we can relax come march time.

cc84cov

Subs didn’t work Jodi Jones is way off match sharpness after such a long lay off it’s expected fingers crossed he comes back the same player.

lifeskyblue

Really good first half and could have been at least one more ahead. Second half donny came at us and we dropped too deep. Yes they are a good side who went for it but we played into their hands and they should have at least levelled. At the end of the day a great three points against one of our rivals for promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread