Match Thread Coventry City vs. Doncaster Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 27th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Doncaster Rovers match, tactics and predictions :)

Magwitch

Why was Willis out yesterday was he injured, if he’s back Saturday it will be interesting what Robins does, I rate Hyam highly, I like Willis too and for me Davies is first name on the team sheet, nice problem for MR to have, other than that surely be an unchanged team

Kingokings204

Big gate would be very welcome with half terms across the area also.

I will be doing my best to get there. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster by any means. We should be looking for the three points mind.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hopefully we get a good crowd for this, the players and Robins deserve it. Win and we could end up as high as 4th but that will take a few teams above us not winning

CovInEssex

Whilst these have a good team, they aren't anything special. Performed well last night against Sunderland but still lost - something we avoided when we didn't even know our best 11. They're currently 16th in the form table and are definetly beatable.

1-2 to them then

Liquid Gold

Still not seen us win this season (don't know why I bother with my season ticket some times) and am coming on Saturday so get your cash on a loss.

Nick

Administrator
I daredn't think about 5 in a row. Expecting a draw but more than chuffed if we win.

Sky Blue Harry H

Weird, but I am becoming more confident when we are on our travels now - partly because I think we have a lot of pace going forward - Thomas, Hiwula in particular. If we can stay fairly solid, our options with Thomas, Sterling, Hiwula and Jodi Jones are starting to create a lot more chances and the strikers are starting to benefit from this. Loving it at the moment, but Doncaster will be a tough test. Win this and it would be fantastic - real sense of belief building.

Sky Blue Harry H

he really should come on and explain what he is doing
Apart from saying that the form is based on the league table , adjusted for games in hand - I think he is smoking something

He's busy watching a recording of the model train programme that's been on (as am I !!!)

SlowerThanPlatt

Not 100% sure but think last time we won 5 in a row was in the 97/98 season.

5-1 v Bolton
1-0 v Sheffield Wednesday
2-1 v Southampton
1-0 v Barnsley
3-0 v Crystal Palace

pusbccfc

Should be 13k.

Will be 10k.

SkyBlueCRJ

They've got a very good starting XI and they'll be a tough side to break down. I can see this being a draw if not a loss if I'm honest. Just from their forum though here's a few things to consider:

- Marquis, Matty Blair and Mallik Wilks are their main goal threats
- Herbie Kane is a handful and will constantly look to invite fouls. Probably their best player so far this season judging from reports
- Their starting defenders Butler and Mason are suspended
- They are still without Tommy Rowe. A good player at this level

BrizzolSkyBlue

A decent crowd off the back of recent results and also the half-term thing, which means a loss as we never win in front of a good crowd at the Ricoh. Hoping I'm wrong...

Philosorapter

Just out of interest, who have Doncaster played over the last few matches for their form to drop?

Philosorapter

I don't know what ExG is. I will have a look on the net.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'd be happy with a draw v Doncaster, my head says 1-1, Hiwula or JCH to score. But, we're at home and in good form, so this is a winnable fixture for us.

Philosorapter

I don't know much about ExG. There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.

I dont know enough about the herustics of football to express an opinion on it.

Not a big fan of stat based stuff in games though.

I believe there are unique qualities to every position there can be within games which would make the stat approach not as good as it is being made out to be.

In my opinion, it's all to do with balance and the positional game.

Users who are viewing this thread