Match Thread Coventry City vs. Charlton Athletic Match Thread - Wednesday 26th Dec (2 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
was just about to say about the front two, the problem with them is that Chaplin is playing behind Hiwula and I thought it should be the other way around

I do still think that but that goal was well worked between them.

Esoterica

2nd half will be the real test of whether we've learned any lessons. Will be a long 45 minutes with 10 men behind the ball!

Nick

Administrator
It's true, players have walked past him. Kelly is doing the work of 2. He's been awful.

At least Chaplin now has an assist else he would be with him!

Our high press is great, I'm worried about when we tire a bit.

Let's hope it isn't the usual second half where they come out a different team

Grendel

It’s been a pretty odd half and we needed the goal

I’ve never seen a side fine the ball away so much as Charlton have - their attempts to play the ball out from the back have been laughable - we haven’t needed a midfield to create they’ve done it for us.

That said Kelly has controlled the game in the middle and was pivotal for the goal.

The right with Thomas and sterling is solid.

Their two forwards look threatening and if they step uk their game will be interesting to see how it goes second half

Nick

Administrator
It’s been a pretty odd half and we needed the goal

I’ve never seen a side fine the ball away so much as Charlton have - their attempts to play the ball out from the back have been laughable - we haven’t needed a midfield to create they’ve done it for us.

That said Kelly has controlled the game in the middle and was pivotal for the goal.

The right with Thomas and sterling is solid.

Their two forwards look threatening and if they step uk their game will be interesting to see how it goes second half
Yeah sterling has been solid so far

lifeskyblue

Best first half for ages. Bright and determined. So different from last home game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Very good first half, all the players have put a good shift in. I hope Robins doesn't tell them to sit back in the second half.

chiefdave

Much better first half. Does make you wonder why he has stuck with JCH so long, obviously only 45 mins but Hiwula seems a big improvement

CCFCSteve

It's true, players have walked past him. Kelly is doing the work of 2. He's been awful.

At least Chaplin now has an assist else he would be with him!

Our high press is great, I'm worried about when we tire a bit.

Who’s doing a lot of the high press...Chaplin ! Two sloppy passes out of play but other than that his link plays been ok good, a great cross for the goal, a couple of decent efforts.

I wish fans would give some of the lads a break. We are dreadful at just picking on certain players (usually ones with a bit more ability as well...I reckon some would prefer a team full of shit workhorses who pass it sideways and backwards rather than giving something different a go)

Nice to hear there’s hardly a murmur from the Sterling moaners these days (saved us a certain goal first half)....they’ve decided to move on from a 19 year old lad with minimal first team experience and focussed their attention on a 21 year old and 18 year old instead !

Otis

Deserve the lead, a lot more movement up front than of late. So far this looks like a team that deserves a few games together.
Agreed.

More of the same second half please.

Lovely worked goal down the left, great cross from Chaplin and nice header from Hiwula.

Don't think anyone has been truly bad. Bayliss doing some good stuff, but flitting in and out the game at times.

Shipley has been decent, which is nice to say for a change.

Ricketts

Best presding game Ive seen for years, lets not forget how good Charlton are. Well deserved goal, Thomas outstanding.

Grendel

Need to keep the pace up now and not back off

It will depend more on how they set up second half - they can’t be as bad - they were woeful

Grendel

Great play by sterling

Users who are viewing this thread