Match Thread Coventry City vs. Charlton Athletic Match Thread - Wednesday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Can't see anything but a defeat.
Robins' problem now is that relegation is looming, so he will be even less likely to experiment with changes.
I'm hoping for a slightly more positive approach.
I'll be relieved with a draw.

Last edited:

Paxman II

Understandably pessimistic on here. It seems like a defeat looms from a side in better form but what we know is while we have been bad recently there is an underlying fairly good side in us. Time to put things right and if we play better we are a good match for Charlton. I think it will be a good game. Our issue is scoring but if MR's goes for it and is less concerned about losing on this festive day I think we can grab a home win and resotore much meeded confidence. It won't be the side you have seen the last few games in the sense of attitude and commitment. If I were a Charlton fan I would be worried it was a bad time to visit us as our losing streak has to stop.

Brighton Sky Blue

JCH up on his own up front getting limited service and falling over when he does get it. The defence to largely hold firm being told to soak up pressure eventually concedes some shit goal from a set piece or lump down the field and Robins changes fuck all in response as Charlton win 1-0/2-0/2-1. Can't tell who'll miss more sitters but think Chaplin will edge it.

itsabuzzard

Understandably pessimistic on here. It seems like a defeat looms from a side in better form but what we know is while we have been bad recently there is an underlying fairly good side in us. Time to put things right and if we play better we are a good match for Charlton. I think it will be a good game. Our issue is scoring but if MR's goes for it and is less concerned about losing on this festive day I think we can grab a home win and resotore much meeded confidence. It won't be the side you have seen the last few games in the sense of attitude and commitment. If I were a Charlton fan I would be worried it was a bad time to visit us as our losing streak has to stop.
I fear you're clutching at straws.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Anybody here who hasn't got a valid excuse should get themselves up the Ricoh tomorrow

People won't go because we've lost a few games. They'd rather go and watch Wasps.

skyblueeyesrevisited

I’m a season ticket holder and won’t be there tomorrow due to family commitments. I presume a lot of other supporters are in the same boat ( sorry James no pun sent intended).

letsallsingtogether

I'll be there tomorrow with one extra my son is down from Manchester for Christmas.
What a shit dad I must be dragging him up there. ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

I can’t see us winning which is the total opposite of last year where I thought we would win every game.

0-2 today

Nick

Administrator
Not feeling that confident today but hope to get a nice surprise.

As a minimum the should be effort and a bit of fight about us.

Otis

Feeling confident.

Christmas always has a habit of upsetting the form book.

I think we'll be fine today as long as Robins shakes it up a bit.

Forever_Blue

Can't see anything but a defeat.
Robins' problem now is that relegation is looming, so he will be even less likely to experiment with changes.
I'm hoping for a slightly more positive approach.
I'll be relieved with a draw.
I agree, seems like he’s out of ideas.

Johnnythespider

I was supposed to be spending today at my sisters, but due to my mrs being unwell that is off, so it looks like me and the lad will be there. Every cloud and all that. Hopefully the players will have laid off the Christmas pud and can scrape a win.

itsabuzzard

I was supposed to be spending today at my sisters, but due to my mrs being unwell that is off, so it looks like me and the lad will be there. Every cloud and all that. Hopefully the players will have laid off the Christmas pud and can scrape a win.
Shouldn't you be at home mopping your Mrs' fevered brow?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Greggs

Curious, why couldn’t you care less about a ccfc game ?
Erm.....because we're shit, it's freezing, it's Christmas and i knew i'd have a rotten hangover and awful shits. That ok?

ccfcway

Erm.....because we're shit, it's freezing, it's Christmas and i knew i'd have a rotten hangover and awful shits. That ok?

Of course it is, you can do what you want. for me, one if the highlights of Xmas is the amount of games we play and being able to see them all. I’m looking fwd to today, bloody love Boxing Day !!

Users who are viewing this thread