Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bristol Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 17th Aug (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

How many we thinking for Saturday lads? More than Southend game ? We can’t be far off getting the stand behind the goal opened up

skybluegod

Off the pace with a goal and 2 assists...

Tbh he was pretty poor on Tuesday- or at least anonymous. Yes he got a set piece assist but it doesn't mean he had a good game. Wouldn't drop him though. Let him have another chance on saturday.

theferret

Just ordered tickets online for collection anyone know where the collection point is?

I think the collection point has changed, but it's not far from the reception and is easy to find. From the club update yesterday:

Any collections and queries will now be dealt with at the Ticket Collection Booth – this will be open from 12:30pm on matchdays, and situated to the left of the Kop Stand Reception.

cc84cov

Tbh he was pretty poor on Tuesday- or at least anonymous. Yes he got a set piece assist but it doesn't mean he had a good game. Wouldn't drop him though. Let him have another chance on saturday.
If Allen is fit he starts him & Kelly will be dominant in that midfield.

Garryb80

I disagree i didnt think he was poor. Shipley for allen is the change id make

skybluegod

I disagree i didnt think he was poor. Shipley for allen is the change id make

On Tuesday he was, and I'm surprised anyone could say otherwise. Based on the first two games I agree Allen for Shipley. Based on Tuesdays i'd say Allen for Westbrooke.

skybluegod

If Allen is fit he starts him & Kelly will be dominant in that midfield.

I don't think you risk it with a muscular injury. I agree they will be very good together, so let's make sure they play as much as possible and not pick up any stupid injuries!

ccfcchris

Try as they might, Coventry couldn’t break the resistance of a Bolton side that had an average player age of just over 19 last week. After drawing 0-0 against a side that is already destined for the drop, the Sky Blues will be looking to bounce back by making it two wins from two games at their adopted home. Bristol Rovers go in search of a first win of the new campaign.

After delivering a useful performance to beat Southend on match-day one, Coventry would’ve fancied themselves to get the better of a hugely inexperienced Bolton side last time out, though try as they might, and the certainly tried, the Sky Blues couldn’t make the breakthrough.

Mark Robins’ men thought that they had struck the crucial blow, not once, not twice, but thrice, only for their celebrations to be cut short by a raised flag. In terms of creativity, Coventry weren’t lacking, as they posted 2.05 expected goals for, though end-product (when not offside) was an issue. They once again gave little away at the back, so the signs remain positive for Robins’ top-six hopefuls, who just need to improve when it comes to putting the ball in the net.

Despite losing first time out, Bristol Rovers did offer a few positive moments. Given that they played away from home, they performed reasonably going forward, even if end-product was lacking, though they gave a bit too much away. Last weekend, Rovers did manage to tighten up at the back, though doing so seemingly came at a price. They kept a clean sheet and secured their first points of the season, but Graham Coughlan’s men were very weak going forward, as they failed to score and created just 0.48 expected goals for.

Bristol Rovers’ lack of attacking power is somewhat alarming, especially ahead of a trip to face a Coventry side that won’t give much away. From January onwards last season, Jonson Clarke-Harris became answered the goal-scoring call at Memorial Stadium, though he’s only just returned from injury. The Pirates did add Victor Adeboyejo over the summer, but he’s far from a proven goal-getter at this level.

In the betting, ‘Coventry to Win & Under 3.5 Goals’ stands out as a viable option. Without going mad in terms of goals scored, the hosts, who’re yet to concede a goal this term, have impressed in most areas over the first two weeks, while Rovers have been typically weak offensively. The visitors are often well-organised, while they’re not the sort of team that will be on the end of many heavy defeats, though their lack of both creativity and end-product in the final third points towards a struggle on Saturday.

Given the 2.04 expected goals for posted by the Sky Blues last weekend, coupled with the fact that Rovers are yet to score but also haven’t been bowled over, a 2-0 win for the hosts looks a solid option for ‘Correct Score’ punters.

https://www.freesupertips.com/previ...vers-predictions-betting-tips-match-previews/

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Won’t happen mate robins likes Shipley energy he just needs to influence the game for longer always starts well and fades.

I can see him starting Shipley then when he almost inevitably starts to tire around 60-65 mins he can introduce Allen for a shorter amount of times against tired legs so he won't probably need quite the intensity than if he starts.

cc84cov

I can see him starting Shipley then when he almost inevitably starts to tire around 60-65 mins he can introduce Allen for a shorter amount of times against tired legs so he won't probably need quite the intensity than if he starts.
Possible mate I just think Zain has been off the boil since first game.

W

westcountry_skyblue

What’s the easiest way to St Andrews from New street station,Is it walking distance eg pubs on the way?
Haven’t been since that cup game in the 90’s when Mcallister scored!!!

Speedies_Chips

What’s the easiest way to St Andrews from New street station,Is it walking distance eg pubs on the way?
Haven’t been since that cup game in the 90’s when Mcallister scored!!!

It is walkable. Takes about half an hour (plus whatever time is spent in the pubs!) When you come out of New St, head for Moor St station and carry on into Digbeth where you will find lots of pubs. From Digbeth, there is a main road (cant remeber what its called, biut it practically takes you all the way to St Andrews.

Gazolba

JCH will be sure to score against us.
And we usually lose our unbeaten home record pretty early.
Nevertheless, my prediction is a 2-1 win.

kg82

On Tuesday he was, and I'm surprised anyone could say otherwise. Based on the first two games I agree Allen for Shipley. Based on Tuesdays i'd say Allen for Westbrooke.

Against Bolton he showed he wasn’t up for the more physical parts of the game (I’m being lenient). So if Bristol come with the mentality that they’re going to try and bully us, Allen should be in. As long as he’s fit.

Users who are viewing this thread