Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree I enjoy the football, the fans and the fact we don’t lose every week in the lower leagues. I can’t stand the Premier league circus and what it has become, but we have to want to play at the highest level, really. It’s a bit like playing in brum for me, I like playing here, it’s easier and quicker for me to get to, the pitch is better etc, but deep down I’d rather we were in Coventry.

I'm tired of being stuck in shit leagues against clubs who bring bugger all fans, aside from the other unlucky sods who are stuck here with us. If this club hadn't been fighting with an arm tied behind its back for most of the last 15-20 years it would at least be a solid 2nd tier club.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I'm tired of being stuck in shit leagues against clubs who bring bugger all fans, aside from the other unlucky sods who are stuck here with us. If this club hadn't been fighting with an arm tied behind its back for most of the last 15-20 years it would at least be a solid 2nd tier club.
Totally know what you mean, full ground with lots of away fans makes a better atmosphere. And yes, if we’d had (dare I say it) Leicester’s owners then we’d be where they are. But we are where we are, and I have enjoyed this season way more than most of the championship ones for example.

I do agree we need to move up by the way. Just enjoying it while we’re here!

usskyblue

We'd still be at the ricoh if sisu hadn't of gone running off to the eu. So I know where I point the blame.

Let’s not forget, the indemnity only exists because Wasps are worried that the sale wasn’t legitimate.

Edit to add: This is the indemnity clause that Wasps, the Trust and the boycotters don’t want to even acknowledge.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Totally know what you mean, full ground with lots of away fans makes a better atmosphere. And yes, if we’d had (dare I say it) Leicester’s owners then we’d be where they are. But we are where we are, and I have enjoyed this season way more than most of the championship ones for example.

I do agree we need to move up by the way. Just enjoying it while we’re here!

Of course and nowt wrong with that. But even in these shit leagues it's taken this long to sustain a credible challenge to go back to the 2nd tier which is now full of teams gambling their futures on the top flight.

PurpleBin

Of course and nowt wrong with that. But even in these shit leagues it's taken this long to sustain a credible challenge to go back to the 2nd tier which is now full of teams gambling their futures on the top flight.

If we go up with our current business model I think, over time, we'll do well.

Esoterica

Can someone let @Esoterica know someone's robbed his red pen?
He's got black, yellow, green and blue too. I can't compete with someone that has that kind of resources at their disposal.

If I was a team like Bolton, I'd play natural wingers and try to get our wing backs pushed back as deep as possible in the first half, as they are so key to our attacking game. Get to half time still in the game and then in the 2nd half when we're chasing the win try to get Rose/Pask and Hyam pulled as wide as possible so that strikers are 1 on 1 with McFadzean and any runners from central midfield have got big channels between the CBs to run down.

Tommo1993

He's got black, yellow, green and blue too. I can't compete with someone that has that kind of resources at their disposal.

If I was a team like Bolton, I'd play natural wingers and try to get our wing backs pushed back as deep as possible in the first half, as they are so key to our attacking game. Get to half time still in the game and then in the 2nd half when we're chasing the win try to get Rose/Pask and Hyam pulled as wide as possible so that strikers are 1 on 1 with McFadzean and any runners from central midfield have got big channels between the CBs to run down.

...duly noted by Keith Hill

SkyBlueSoul

If we go up with our current business model I think, over time, we'll do well.
We'd need to cling on for dear life in the first few seasons and hope for a tycoon or to emulate Burnley.
Bristol City seem to be an example of both of these from my very limited knowledge. Fair enough they have an owner who supports the club and recently converted £71m of debt to shares, but they actually turned a profit regardless. And yes, they also own their own stadium..

I remember them trying to buy Dwight Gayle when they first went up and him moaning how ridiculous it was that they were quoted £6m. They stuck to their model, improved year by year and now they're in and around the play-offs and just spent £5m on Nakhi Wells

SlowerThanPlatt

Bristol City seem to be an example of both of these from my very limited knowledge. Fair enough they have an owner who supports the club and recently converted £71m of debt to shares, but they actually turned a profit regardless. And yes, they also own their own stadium..

I remember them trying to buy Dwight Gayle when they first went up and him moaning how ridiculous it was that they were quoted £6m. They stuck to their model, improved year by year and now they're in and around the play-offs and just spent £5m on Nakhi Wells

They’ve spent over £30m in transfer fees since being promoted.

Have we even spent that in 20 years?

usskyblue

Oh I know mate I’ve said he looks to have been carrying & isnt fit,people were arguing I hated him and was talking shit & if I studied football I would enjoy it more lol

So injured then. Not garbage*

*Although, it should be said, you have since explained your comment.

cc84cov

So injured then. Not garbage*

*Although, it should be said, you have since explained your comment.
Correct US

Anyway big chance for Baka today I’ve not been his biggest fan but liked what I’ve seen past few showings let’s hope he takes his chance

Brighton Sky Blue

Rich local fan like Tony Bloom at Brighton. We're never going to own our own ground without somebody having far much more money than sense

hamil99

Facebook User
Let's hope magic Baka can pull it out the bag today. Massive game, a win puts us solidly in the autos frame, specially if results go our way.

3-1 Baka, Allen, O'Hare.

Users who are viewing this thread