Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (6 Viewers)

SkyblueBri

I also hope we have more fans tomorrow, but we all know we’re hoping in vain.

It’s a shame. Of course people have a choice but unfortunately a lot of people are opting for the wrong one.
Just can't take the drag of going to Brum anymore. Me and my mates are all in their late 70's they will not go unless were playing in Cov, I've got a season ticket for this season but I just can't take it anymore.
So unfortunately I'll be in the crowd count but not there. Next season if at Brum in whatever league I'll just pick and choose games.

Brighton Sky Blue

Very very close in terms of style, the attacking football in the 90s was great, but this more patient approach is just as easy on the eye and IMO more effective.

Yeah but done in the top flight. I’m splitting hairs to be honest this is our only tilt at the autos since entering the FL and it’s very welcome.

shmmeee

Yeah but done in the top flight. I’m splitting hairs to be honest this is our only tilt at the autos since entering the FL and it’s very welcome.

Done in the top flight with top flight players. I don’t buy the argument that just because it happened higher up the divisions it’s automatically better.

Brighton Sky Blue

Done in the top flight with top flight players. I don’t buy the argument that just because it happened higher up the divisions it’s automatically better.

Would you buy the argument that the team from then was objectively better?

The coventrian

Not strictly true - it's just a bit more of a ball ache for some. You watch the attendances start to rise if we are still up there in a few games time.
The Birmingham cup (home) game - suddenly the argument falls flat on it's face - and if we ended up in a play off game, all of it goes out of the window again. Sure, a few will say it's on principle, but for a lot I expect it is more the practicalities and nuisance factor - each to their own.
Also like to point out that there were often only about 7k home fans at the Ricoh, so it's not exactly large scale boycott, more of the 'on the day' crowd. That said, we need to come back for the future of the fanbase/club (but not at any cost)
Only 7k home fans at the ricoh? Yeah ok mate. It's any excuse for you to try and justify the move isnt it?

The coventrian

I'm not sure why you're not getting it either. We're not talking about the people who don't go at all, we're talking about the thousands that have been at various points this season who are choosing to not go today. Some will have valid reasons of course.
They dont have to go if they dont want to. It's not a dictatorship by a small few on here. Of course the Pete was talking about those that dont go. Its February now. Attendances wont rise now I'd of thought.

NortonSkyBlue

Just can't take the drag of going to Brum anymore. Me and my mates are all in their late 70's they will not go unless were playing in Cov, I've got a season ticket for this season but I just can't take it anymore.
So unfortunately I'll be in the crowd count but not there. Next season if at Brum in whatever league I'll just pick and choose games.
Alert- this is the post that all Coventry City supporters and our owners should take note of. This is not a boycott nor a can't be bothered.
This is a lifetime Fan, we should be worried very worried if we don't get home soon.
I feel for you and your mates SkyblueBri.

PCH

Should’ve said city supporting life. I was 6 in 87 and not following football. Got my first season ticket at 9. So don’t know if the honest answer. Did they dominate games like we have this season?
If that 87 team was playing in the third division they would of done.
Probably have won the league by now

Sky Blue Harry H

Only 7k home fans at the ricoh? Yeah ok mate. It's any excuse for you to try and justify the move isnt it?

Been a season ticket holder for years and yes - there were 7k home fans for a number of games (obviously excluding away followings). For the record - I didn't/don't want the move.

shmmeee

If that 87 team was playing in the third division they would of done.
Probably have won the league by now

Well duh. They’re a team made of players two divisions above this one. Even the worst Prem Cov team would walk this league b

clint van damme

Hope I don't sound condescending mate but the fact you've made the effort to go over to Brum is incredible.
Let's hope we're back next season so you and your pals can resume watching the Sky blues.

Magwitch

A big reason older fans don’t go, it is s ball ache Ive been to 5 away 4 home this season have picked and chose due to medical reasons not sure if I’ll go to STA again but likely to go to Blackpool possibly Accrington that’s about it, I suspect a lot of older fans pick and choose or not bother, returning to Cov and soon is vital.

aloisiwouldhavescored

We are the same. In our early 70s, supported City and had STs for over 50 years. Got STs at St Andrews but being not so fit these days we are finding it harder and harder to go to all the home games. Changed bus travel, ST holder seats to try and improve things but now just picking and choosing which games to go to. Won't be going next season if we are still at St Andrews. Please get us back to the Ricoh so as not to lose 2 more long standing long suffering City fans.

Irish Sky Blue

This is the best season I can remember for not having to feel the bitterness of a defeat.
To be honest, I think it is all relative. When we were winning games in the fourth division two years ago, it still felt as good as as when we won games in the top flight. I think Villa were relegated from the top division when we were promoted from League Two (?). I bet we enjoyed our season a lot more than their fans
even though they were 3 divisions higher.
The one thing I would say is that due to the lack of defeats, when it does happen it really hurts. Shrewsbury away was a real stinger.
I think I am too obsessed with Coventry City.

SkyBlueSoul

I'll go with 2-0 today. They have improved and made some good signings but we've been doing our thing all season so far. There's enough squad depth to rotate and not be weakened (bar RWB, there's a big drop off from Dabo to Pask). Don't see Max playing after 120 minutes midweek so will probably go back to Godden up top on his own for same line up as Bristol, with Pask in for Rose if he's still injured

Brighton Sky Blue

This is the best season I can remember for not having to feel the bitterness of a defeat.
To be honest, I think it is all relative. When we were winning games in the fourth division two years ago, it still felt as good as as when we won games in the top flight. I think Villa were relegated from the top division when we were promoted from League Two (?). I bet we enjoyed our season a lot more than their fans
The one thing I would say is that due to the lack of defeats, when it does happen it really hurts. Shrewsbury away was a real stinger.

It was the circumstances that made that hard to swallow. Should never have lost that one

BornSlippySkyBlue

I agree I enjoy the football, the fans and the fact we don’t lose every week in the lower leagues. I can’t stand the Premier league circus and what it has become, but we have to want to play at the highest level, really. It’s a bit like playing in brum for me, I like playing here, it’s easier and quicker for me to get to, the pitch is better etc, but deep down I’d rather we were in Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread