Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

I was a season ticket holder at HR for more years than I care to remember. I now watch on different streaming platforms. I get just as nervous, and wrapped up in the game, if not more because I always felt (purely psychologically) that being there, I could somehow make a difference (sing louder, applaud harder, be more of an encouragement).

When I started the thread that took a shot at the moaners, it wasn’t anything to do with hindsight. It was the night we LOST the cup game v Birmingham. Wine fueled, maybe...but it was an accumulation of frustration ONLY towards people that hurl abuse at the manager and players, NOT those that air fair critical opinion.

While I accept watching on a laptop doesn’t afford me the perspective I’d get if I was there, it doesn’t make a difference to the annoyance, anger and pure joy that I experience throughout a game.

I watched the Bolton game and posted during it. Was I frustrated at the performance? Yes. Was I pissed off when Bolton scored? Absolutely. Did I have an inclination to post abuse towards the players or manager? No.

I’m not on a high horse. I’m just an eternal optimist (fuck knows why supporting this club as long as I have). More pertinently, I trust the management team and this group of players (as individuals and as a team).

Watching O’Hare (a loanee) with his head split open, busting his gut to chase down a ball in injury time to make sure we held on to the lead was nothing short of fucking brilliant. And it shows how much the players care about our team. The fluid passing football is great....but the pride and fight when winning ugly needs the recognition it deserves.

I know real judgement on the season comes when it concludes, but I’m proud of this team and the management.
Great paragraph about Ohare absolutely brilliant!!!

Grendel

From this forum, I got Robins is an ‘arrogant twat’ and ‘unable to change games’...

We must’ve lost or drew.

So reassuring to know I’m the only opinion anyone reads - let’s be honest ccfcway and his posts cause instant Rigor Mortis

Irish Sky Blue

I was a season ticket holder at HR for more years than I care to remember. I now watch on different streaming platforms. I get just as nervous, and wrapped up in the game, if not more because I always felt (purely psychologically) that being there, I could somehow make a difference (sing louder, applaud harder, be more of an encouragement).

When I started the thread that took a shot at the moaners, it wasn’t anything to do with hindsight. It was the night we LOST the cup game v Birmingham. Wine fueled, maybe...but it was an accumulation of frustration ONLY towards people that hurl abuse at the manager and players, NOT those that air fair critical opinion.

While I accept watching on a laptop doesn’t afford me the perspective I’d get if I was there, it doesn’t make a difference to the annoyance, anger and pure joy that I experience throughout a game.

I watched the Bolton game and posted during it. Was I frustrated at the performance? Yes. Was I pissed off when Bolton scored? Absolutely. Did I have an inclination to post abuse towards the players or manager? No.

I’m not on a high horse. I’m just an eternal optimist (fuck knows why supporting this club as long as I have). More pertinently, I trust the management team and this group of players (as individuals and as a team).

Watching O’Hare (a loanee) with his head split open, busting his gut to chase down a ball in injury time to make sure we held on to the lead was nothing short of fucking brilliant. And it shows how much the players care about our team. The fluid passing football is great....but the pride and fight when winning ugly needs the recognition it deserves.

I know real judgement on the season comes when it concludes, but I’m proud of this team and the management.

This is it, in a nut shell.

Grendel

This is it, in a nut shell.

Abuse. Stop being a wet flannel

Grendel

Not my words, quoted from post above. If you look at the adjectives and nouns used to describe Robins then I would say abusive is not far off.

Ridiculous

Irish Sky Blue

Granted, I’m an old fashioned tossbag ..but calling someone a c*nt (contextually, when you’re pissed off at them) is being abusive towards them.

I don’t even like the word, to me it’s repugnant...although I understand apparently it’s all the rage in UK these days.
That’s apparently what our manager is for not doing enough to stop a Bolton equaliser.

Irish Sky Blue

From one of our ‘fans’. It’s okay though as it’s said in the heat of the moment (even though the poster would have had to get out their phone, find the thread and type the words, enough time for a bit of reflection, not like stubbing your toe or hitting your thumb with a hammer)

clint van damme

Granted, I’m an old fashioned tossbag ..but calling someone a c*nt (contextually, when you’re pissed off at them) is being abusive towards them.

I don’t even like the word, to me it’s repugnant...although I understand apparently it’s all the rage in UK these days.

great word, ideal for comedic or abusive usage, brought back into vogue by the likes of Irvine Welsh and Frankie Boyle. If you can't appreciate it I fear you've gone native mate. Stick to mother fucker!

usskyblue

great word, ideal for comedic or abusive usage, brought back into vogue by the likes of Irvine Welsh and Frankie Boyle. If you can't appreciate it I fear you've gone native mate. Stick to mother fucker!

Give over. I saw Chubby Brown live back in the day. He has a song dedicated to the word. I’m not a fucking dinosaur.

Used solely as a verbal insult, it’s an ugly word.

Grendel

Who did?

Grendel

I genuinely haven’t a clue what this conversation is now about

Grendel

Someone was very quick to delete a post there

usskyblue

Much as you’d like to believe, everything isn’t about you. It’s was a generalization (piss off buzzard). But if you want some attention? Here you go.

You m8, are an anomaly. I see you tirelessly battle tossers with an agenda on Twitter. It’s fucking admirable that you dedicate so much time trying to get the truth out there regarding the club and the situation we’re in.

Yet sometimes, here...you seem to have a bizarre obsession for being controversial, even when your position is clearly untenable sometimes. The refusal to back down, ignore pertinent posts and pursue certain posters with clear attempts at simply trying to wind them up tends to dilute your insightful posts. You’re smart and you’re bang-on right sometimes. But you’re not right all the time.

All that said. Don’t fucking change yeah

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

Much as you’d like to believe, everything isn’t about you. It’s was a generalization (piss off buzzard). But if you want some attention? Here you go.

You m8, are an anomaly. I see you tirelessly battle tossers with an agenda on Twitter. It’s fucking admirable that you dedicate so much time trying to get the truth out there regarding the club and the situation we’re in.

Yet sometimes, here...you seem to have a bizarre obsession for being controversial, even when your position is clearly untenable sometimes. The refusal to back down, ignore pertinent posts and pursue certain posters with clear attempts at simply trying to wind them up tends to dilute your insightful posts. You’re smart and you’re bang-on right sometimes. But you’re not right all the time.

Ive not used the c word though that’s what I’m confused about

itsabuzzard

Relax. Perfectly acceptable spelling, especially in your neck of the woods.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

Bit early for valentine's

Grendel

The other thing is that I’ve repeatedly stated the back line and the midfield are well ahead of most of the division

The forward line isn’t. Robins has signed an abundance of forwards since he cane back and he’s only really got one right. He’s cautious and one dimensional - if we don’t get promoted now we likely never will

If people have that awareness it’s laughable to then say people should remain calm when we are failing to win a game against the worst away team in the country

usskyblue

The other thing is that I’ve repeatedly stated the back line and the midfield are well ahead of most of the division

The forward line isn’t. Robins has signed an abundance of forwards since he cane back and he’s only really got one right. He’s cautious and one dimensional - if we don’t get promoted now we likely never will

If people have that awareness it’s laughable to then say people should remain calm when we are failing to win a game against the worst away team in the country

I’m with you, I’m with you...and you lose me.

They weren’t mugs, and it seemed to me (on my fucking laptop) that they were playing with a ‘nothing to lose’ attitude. We, however do, and we were definitely tense. They were also very physical, which is an area where we need to improve...coping and counteracting teams that want chunks out of us, rather than ‘play’ us. To their credit, they didn’t come to St. Andrews to sit back, they were aggressive, disruptive and decent coming forward sometimes.

Ring Of Steel

I personally think Robins knows himself it’s ‘shit or bust’ this year. But by the same token I don’t think he completely lost the plot after 80 minutes, and he did- whatever anyone wants to think about him as a manager- produce yet another win. I also think that after all these games he should by now have 100% earned our trust that he knows what he’s doing, and that he can win a game late on even if we haven’t played ‘great football’. For me- he has done enough to prove he knows what he’s doing and doesn’t deserve to be called a twat, prick, c*nt (or whatever bloody obscenity it actually was) while the game is still going on.

Grendel

I personally think Robins knows himself it’s ‘shit or bust’ this year. But by the same token I don’t think he completely lost the plot after 80 minutes, and he did- whatever anyone wants to think about him as a manager- produce yet another win. I also think that after all these games he should by now have 100% earned our trust that he knows what he’s doing, and that he can win a game late on even if we haven’t played ‘great football’. For me- he has done enough to prove he knows what he’s doing and doesn’t deserve to be called a twat, prick, c*nt (or whatever bloody obscenity it actually was) while the game is still going on.

Managers who win the premier league get sacked a few weeks later and are instantly forgotten it’s a hero to zero business

Ring Of Steel

Managers who win the premier league get sacked a few weeks later and are instantly forgotten it’s a hero to zero business
Yes I agree- but we’re quite a way away from that with Robins, surely you would agree with that? We shouldn’t be trying to hasten the ‘hero to zero’ process for no apparent reason?

wingy

It is to the layman.
But shouldn't be for us
Hero's and all that.
They're rare enough in our recent history,even if it's illogical it's that spiritual element.IMO

Mucca Mad Boys

We did beat Bolton in the end.

For context, our result is pretty similar to how the teams around us have performed:

Bolton v Sunderland 0-0 and 1-1
P’boro and Pompey (x2) won only 1-0

So they’ve shown that they up their game against the ‘big teams’.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
FWIW, Baka defo looked offside -
Baka offside.JPG

cc84cov

You could be right regarding shit or bust the players we’ve got this season won’t be around long if we fall short...But if that was the case I do feel he would of done all he could to get another striker in January possibly gambled but what do we know he may well have wanted that himself we just don’t know.I also don’t see the manager being around longer term himself if we do not return to the city & have to keep selling academy & star players to balance books.

Went lightly off topic there,I called him a stubborn something or other at the time but we were all pretty much saying the same thing he got lucky with it sat probably why he’s paid to manage and we are not ;)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My grandson informs me McCallum was a tad late getting the ball across?
Not sure. I took that screenshot from a Bolton vlog (spose I should credit, not that their fans do themselves much credit in their sympathy for our situation - ) and he misses the build-up play.

Users who are viewing this thread