Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnsley Match Thread - Saturday 15th Sep (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Looked inside to me. Lucky escape

All from defenders and midfielders hiding and telling Willis to hoof it

That said Chaplin won it before losing it tbf

Grendel

Clarke Harris has won a lot in the air but Chaplin first touch and movement hasn’t been that great

Johnnythespider

Their number 12 can't even walk properly and he is giving Shipley the slip. Allassani would give him more to think about.

covcity4life

Chaplin a livewire. Need Jch to apply himself more. A few headers not going to a teammate is not enough. He's got mad pace. Needs to get on ball more

Grendel

Good run Chaplin ends in a free kick in a dangerous area - but Doyle takes it

Grendel

Chaplin a livewire. Need Jch to apply himself more. A few headers not going to a teammate is not enough. He's got mad pace. Needs to get on ball more

Clarke Harris has been more effective than Chaplin whose missed an absolute howler

covcity4life

Clarke Harris has been more effective than Chaplin whose missed an absolute howler
Not imo. A bad miss but getting in those positions. If Jch was winning every header or holding ball up fair enough but he's not.

He's talented. I just want to see more from him

Grendel

Not imo. A bad miss but getting in those positions. If Jch was winning every header or holding ball up fair enough but he's not.

He's talented. I just want to see more from him

Chaplin is there to score goals. Even Tommy Langley would have buried that chance

PVA

Chaplin and JCH been quiet. Thomas and Bayliss looking dangerous. Shipley has got into some good positions but end product has been lacking.

We are well in this though. Big second half hopefully.

Grendel

We’ve done well enough but I suspect they’ll improve after half time. Bayliss is weak and Doyle over the hill - they will start to move more and more through the middle.

Individually there’s not been a lot to shout about. Thomas has had his best game so far and Willis is consistently out best player. Sterling has worked hard defensively

Chaplin had a good run and turn of pace near the end of the half but it shows when fans always look for positives in some players and the opposite in others.

Thomas is left footed I assume? Shipley has has such s poor game surely he should move him to the left and take Shipley off

Otis

Strange half. Some good stuff but terribly error-riddled at times.

Bayliss looks good going forwards, but is not anywhere to be seen in defensive situations. Doyle is getting bypassed.

Poor half from Shipley, though Thomas on the other side is looking fairly decent.

Worrying much how much space they are finding in the middle of the park.

JCH had done okay and Sterling has been okay too. Chaplin looking lively, but he has to score that.

No idea how the second half is going to pan out at all

Paxman II

We look technically better than them but need to apply that more consistently. Chaplin looks a threat with his pace and running into positions, he just needs more supply. Should have burried the earlier chance. They have a few bruisers in their side but not the pace at the back. Surprisingly we have done better in midfield than I thought we would. Doyle doing well. We have to be resolute at the back second half as they come at us from either side. Think the best form of defense here is to attack them. Thomas is lightening quick but needs to find his shooting boots. Overall we can be happy so far.

ccfcway

decent first half that. Still more than in this and as underdogs, i'm more than happy with that.

Every chance we can get something out of this. Once again, Willis and Hyam rock solid so far

Grendel

Chaplin turns and shoots 20 feet wide

Grendel

We look technically better than them but need to apply that more consistently. Chaplin looks a threat with his pace and running into positions, he just needs more supply. Should have burried the earlier chance. They have a few bruisers in their side but not the pace at the back. Surprisingly we have done better in midfield than I thought we would. Doyle doing well. We have to be resolute at the back second half as they come at us from either side. Think the best form of defense here is to attack them. Thomas is lightening quick but needs to find his shooting boots. Overall we can be happy so far.

They are clearly the better team in terms of ability to hold the ball and control play.

Are you watching the game?

Grendel

Great save Burge as suspected Barnsley all guns blazing

Users who are viewing this thread