Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnsley Match Thread - Saturday 15th Sep (1 Viewer)

Happy with that line up. Nice to start to get a bit of consistency in the team selection. Hopefully we use the wings a bit more, however I am expecting quite direct balls to the head of JCH, with Chaplin and Thomas feeding off the scraps.

fernandopartridge

I find it difficult suggesting there isn't a game plan going into fixtures - even games such as Blackpool where we look appalling there still would've been a game plan in place. It's down to the players to understand this game plan, listen to what the manager is putting across and execute his orders. Sometimes it doesn't always come off and there are games such as Blackpool where the managers' orders go through one ear and out of the other. But it seems to me they are not listening or understanding MRs' orders. So IMO rather than a lack of a game plan going into games it's clear that there is huge a communication problem within the squad. Whether that it is down to MR or the players themselves is a different matter for a different thread.

But game after game this season it seems that we are repeating the same issues. No game plan, players look like they haven't played with each other, their positioning is poor, why is Baka always offside etc, why aren't our full backs getting forward etc. etc. There must be a reason for this as I'm not yet resigned to the fact that it's down to poor recruitment. IMO rather than it not looking as if there isn't a game plan in place. I think a huge issue within the playing staff is communication.
And of course whatever plan they'd worked on for Blackpool was out the window when Biamou was injured after a minute. Then Bakayoko came on and was inept as were many others.

Nick

Administrator
Barnsley play a high pressing game, Doyle will get terrorised
Exactly, if they play with a high press he will have people on him as soon as he gets it. That can only mean hammering it forward without thinking.

Hopefully they leave some gaps at the back Chaplin and Thomas can get into with pace.

Exactly, if they play with a high press he will have people on him as soon as he gets it. That can only mean hammering it forward without thinking.

Hopefully they leave some gaps at the back Chaplin and Thomas can get into with pace.

So I can expect to see us by pass doyle and go straight from defence to JCH.
Just hope someone does something naughty to JCH in the first few minutes and gets him wound up so he wins those battles.
Otherwise I hate watching us hit it long to relieve pressure when I fact all we do is create more pressure as we instantly lose possession. We would be better off channeling the ball out though Baylis. Right warm beer then take my seat seat!!!!

skyblueelephant76

The Barnsley team looks huge compared to ours, seems to be a recurring theme and the biggest recruitment lesson we don't seem to have learned.

Users who are viewing this thread