Match Thread Coventry City vs. Arsenal U21 Match Thread - Wednesday 12th Sep (5 Viewers)

Otis

I could do an all or nothing bet, where if he doesn't play / score then I take the odds back in reverse ;)

giphy.gif
Errm, is the legs akimbo woman actually 'swallowing' those notes?

skybluegod

Bit of a random team

I didn't think so many changes could be made?

No it should be fine...

Andreu, Sterling, agogo are in top percentage of appearances so far...

O’Brien is doesn’t count as a change...

So I think only one of the other players have to start next match and it should be fine?

Liquid Gold

No it should be fine...

Andreu, Sterling, agogo are in top percentage of appearances so far...

O’Brien is doesn’t count as a change...

So I think only one of the other players have to start next match and it should be fine?
I think players that have made more than a certain number of career appearances count too so Kelly and Andreu should count.

Edit - Steve82 earlier in the thread - Any Player with 40 or more First Team appearances in their career.

capel & collindridge

Bit of a random team

I didn't think so many changes could be made?

This was posted on the first page of this thread. Andreu and Sterling played in our last game. They play as two of our four qualifying outfield players. Did Ogogo play? Doesn't matter, provided two of this team play in the next game. My guess would be that would be any two from Ogogo, Davies, Kelly, Hiwula and Allassani. If they all play blinders, they could all play a part against Barnsley. If they did, I expect Kelly or Ogogo and Davies might then start or at least come on as subs. Others from this game might be on the bench and can be used if required.

It’s fairly relaxed now...

4 qualifying outfield Players from 10
A Club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the Competition
A qualifying outfield Player will be one who meets any of the following requirements:
- Any Player who started the previous or following first team fixture.
- Any Player who is in the top 10 Players at the Club who have made the most starting appearances in League and Domestic Cup Competitions that season.
- Any Player with 40 or more First Team appearances in their career.
- Any Player on loan from a Premier League or Category One Academy Club. NB. No Player can appear for 2 different teams in the Competition.

Changes for 18/19 season
- Amended regulations for 2018/19 allow EFL Clubs to name players out on loan at National League Clubs or below, so they can gain experience both out on loan and at their parent Club – progression is not halted due to a loan spell.
- Invited Clubs may only include two players on the teamsheet over 21 who have made 40 or more senior appearances to maintain the emphasis on youth development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Looking forward to seeing Ogogo and Kelly in the middle but not expecting too much from Kelly considering it's his first game since May.

Esoterica

Arsenal team with ages: Iliev 23, Bola 18, Burton 18, Gilmour 18, Medley 18, Olowu 18, Pleguezuelo 21, Smith Rowe 18, Willock 19, John-Jules 17, Olayinka 22.
More like an U18 than U21s

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Are we playing 4-2-3-1 again tonight? It looks like that to me.

With the exception of Camwell, this is the lineup I had in mind because it’s essential we keep everyone involved. Allassani, Hiwula and Bakayoko all need to put in good performances to force their way into Robins’ plans. But, most intriguing is the Kelly and Ogogo partnership because that could be the midfield partnership by the end of the season (Bayliss RM).

I’m hoping for a convincing performance tonight!

Esoterica

Are we playing 4-2-3-1 again tonight? It looks like that to me.

With the exception of Camwell, this is the lineup I had in mind because it’s essential we keep everyone involved. Allassani, Hiwula and Bakayoko all need to put in good performances to force their way into Robins’ plans. But, most intriguing is the Kelly and Ogogo partnership because that could be the midfield partnership by the end of the season (Bayliss RM).

I’m hoping for a convincing performance tonight!
Offal makes it sound like 4-4-2 by using the word flanks but I guess we won't see for sure til they start:

Elsewhere, Liam O'Brien starts in goal and he has a back four of Dujon Sterling, Tom Davies, Jordon Thompson and Chris Camwell.

Abu Ogogo captains the side and partners Liam Kelly in the middle.

Tony Andreu returns to the starting eleven and plays behind Amadou Bakayoko who leads the line.

Reise Allassani makes his first start in a Coventry shirt and he occupies one flank with Jordy Hiwula on the other side.

Otis

Offal makes it sound like 4-4-2 by using the word flanks but I guess we won't see for sure til they start:

Elsewhere, Liam O'Brien starts in goal and he has a back four of Dujon Sterling, Tom Davies, Jordon Thompson and Chris Camwell.

Abu Ogogo captains the side and partners Liam Kelly in the middle.

Tony Andreu returns to the starting eleven and plays behind Amadou Bakayoko who leads the line.

Reise Allassania makes his first start in a Coventry shirt and he occupies one flank with Jordy Hiwula on the other side.
Didn't Robins say he now saw Hiwula as a striker?

shmmeee

Great to see Kelly back, hope Ngandu gets some time. Seems like an U23s squad TBH. Wonder if it’s the U23s manager taking the team or Robins.

Esoterica

Great to see Kelly back, hope Ngandu gets some time. Seems like an U23s squad TBH. Wonder if it’s the U23s manager taking the team or Robins.
Only Chris Camwell and Liam Kelly who haven't played for the first team already this season?

Users who are viewing this thread