Match Thread Coventry City vs. Arsenal U21 Match Thread - Wednesday 12th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Have they got an app? I might go properly posh and listen while I watch it.

I take it only the one stand is open?

This games live on Talksport 2 for those who can’t bare CWR any longer

Was just coming on to post that, also good for those who can’t attend and can’t get CWR.
Would actually like us to play a full strength tream tonight as I feel we are still finding our way.
However I can’t see that happening unfortunately.

no_loyalty

I wonder if JJ will be on the bench tonight? if so give him 15-20 mins

skybluesam66

Really not fussed about the JPT this year
Agreed
I may concede and have my annual Wembley day out if we dont make the play off final, but apart from that - It is a Tin pot trophy which at some point will have a Premier Under 21 team as a winner in front of 5000 at Wembley

Sky Blue Harry H

Agreed
I may concede and have my annual Wembley day out if we dont make the play off final, but apart from that - It is a Tin pot trophy which at some point will have a Premier Under 21 team as a winner in front of 5000 at Wembley

The JPT final is played well ahead of any play off final, so you will have to guess as to whether the latter is going to happen (brave call!). Be honest, if we get there, you'll go.

covcity4life

It is not going to take much out of us.

3 group games where we can rotate alot. one vs u23 team,2 vs league two teams
is it 4 knockout games including final? 90 mins max then pens

not too taxing imo. if robins plays full strength team tonight its because he wants them to gain momentum not because he has too so it has its benefits too.

SlowerThanPlatt

From Arsenal’s preview on their site:

They’re yet to truly impose themselves in the final third since gaining promotion from League Two last season, but the physical presence of Amadou Bakayoko could prove to be a real test for us on Wednesday.

The 22-year-old forward stands at 6ft 3in and joined the club from fellow League One outfit Walsall in August 2018. He managed to score on his home debut for the Sky Blues, but it’s his ability to hold the ball up, turn defenders and bring others into play that makes him such a threat.

steve82

With the recent words from MR that he see’s Hiwula more as a striker than a wide forward I’ve changed my team I’d like to see. I’d give Kyle Finn a start tonight on the left. Then put Hiwula on after 55/60 mins for Chaplin. I’d also give Tom Davies the arm band to for tonight

---------------O’Brien---------------
Sterling--Davies---Hyam----Brown
Allassani---Andreu---Ogogo--Finn
---------Chaplin----Bakayoko-------

JJ I’d imagine will get a run out from the bench as it was a standard minor muscle set back he had from returning to action in the U23’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edgy

With the recent words from MR that he see’s Hiwula more as a striker than a wide forward I’ve changed my team I’d like to see. I’d give Kyle Finn a start tonight on the left. Then put Hiwula on after 55/60 mins for Chaplin. I’d also give Tom Davies the arm band to for tonight

---------------O’Brien---------------
Sterling--Davies---Hyam----Brown
Allassani---Andreu---Ogogo--Finn
---------Chaplin----Bakayoko-------

JJ I’d imagine will get a run out from the bench as it was a standard minor muscle set back he had from returning to action in the U23’s

Isn't Finn on loan to Tamuff? Maybe Billy Stedman instead?

I'd like something similar but maybe swap Chaplin for Hiwula from the start. I just have a feeling Hiwula will do well as a Chaplin type striker, but it's whether Baka can compliment him.

steve82

Isn't Finn on loan to Tamuff? Maybe Billy Stedman instead?

I'd like something similar but maybe swap Chaplin for Hiwula from the start. I just have a feeling Hiwula will do well as a Chaplin type striker, but it's whether Baka can compliment him.

He is on loan at Tamworth but under new rules can still feature in this competition for his parent club. He seems confident and enjoying his football were told so reward that with a start.

Agree on Hiwula I think there is more to come but I’d give Chaplin the start to give him match minutes as he’s not played much in August.

edgy

I maybe wrong but I doubt we'd recall someone on loan to play in this tournament. Think that rule is just there for clubs who literally have no other option.

steve82

I maybe wrong but I doubt we'd recall someone on loan to play in this tournament. Think that rule is just there for clubs who literally have no other option.

We’d not be recalling him tho as Tamworth are likely semi pro now since the relegation to Southern league prem so he’s likely back at the club midweek training as non league clubs tent to meet up Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

Billy Steadman is a good call tho as he can play the left side, not sure which side is his favoured but could interchange with Allissani or JJ should he play.

Both are options as I’d not risk any potential flair ups with Shipley after his knock Sunday, let him rest and be ready for Saturday if selected

Nick

Administrator
I cant even do first scorer as I have no idea who will be playing, oddschecker dont have it either :(

Nick

Administrator
Just do Chaplin 100/1 as only bet and we could have our first millionaire!

I could do an all or nothing bet, where if he doesn't play / score then I take the odds back in reverse ;)

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread