Match Thread Coventry City vs. Arsenal U21 Match Thread - Wednesday 12th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Arsenal U21 match, tactics and predictions :)

Cov kid 55

A chance for Robins to look at potential loans? If we need any more in the squad? Arsenal invariably have good young players.

Nick

Administrator
A chance for Robins to look at potential loans? If we need any more in the squad? Arsenal invariably have good young players.

The loan Window is closed isn't it?

Will be good to give our second string a runout and build up fitness for those who need it.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Opportunity to give a few a rest and others valuable game time. Maybe something like the below, also wary that you can only make 5 changes (?) from last 1st team game, not including any injuries:

LOB

Sterling
Davies
Thompson
Brown

Thomas
Ogogo
Andreu
Allassani

Chaplin
Bakayoko

steve82

Id like us to stick to a 442 principal so I’d go with this

-------------O’Brien---------------
Sterling--Davies--Hyam---Brown
Allassani--Andreu--Ogogo--Hiwula
-------Chaplin----Bakayoko-------

Worth noting that Kyle Finn can be used for this game to despite being at Tamworth on loan or any other city player out in loan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covcity4life

We have a big squad so looking forward to this. Always love a cup run and would be happy to win this again

Obrien
Sterling
Thompson
Davies
Brown
Aogogo
Westbrooke
Allasani
Hiwula
Andreu
Bakayoko

Or if 442 drop andreu and give Finn or Walter's a go out wide.

What about Jones? Is this any diff to a u23 game anyway?

steve82

Isn't there a maximum number of changes we can make?

It’s fairly relaxed now...

4 qualifying outfield Players from 10
A Club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the Competition
A qualifying outfield Player will be one who meets any of the following requirements:
- Any Player who started the previous or following first team fixture.
- Any Player who is in the top 10 Players at the Club who have made the most starting appearances in League and Domestic Cup Competitions that season.
- Any Player with 40 or more First Team appearances in their career.
- Any Player on loan from a Premier League or Category One Academy Club. NB. No Player can appear for 2 different teams in the Competition.

Changes for 18/19 season
- Amended regulations for 2018/19 allow EFL Clubs to name players out on loan at National League Clubs or below, so they can gain experience both out on loan and at their parent Club – progression is not halted due to a loan spell.
- Invited Clubs may only include two players on the teamsheet over 21 who have made 40 or more senior appearances to maintain the emphasis on youth development.

Liquid Gold

It’s fairly relaxed now...

4 qualifying outfield Players from 10
A Club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the Competition
A qualifying outfield Player will be one who meets any of the following requirements:
- Any Player who started the previous or following first team fixture.
- Any Player who is in the top 10 Players at the Club who have made the most starting appearances in League and Domestic Cup Competitions that season.
- Any Player with 40 or more First Team appearances in their career.
- Any Player on loan from a Premier League or Category One Academy Club. NB. No Player can appear for 2 different teams in the Competition.

Changes for 18/19 season
- Amended regulations for 2018/19 allow EFL Clubs to name players out on loan at National League Clubs or below, so they can gain experience both out on loan and at their parent Club – progression is not halted due to a loan spell.
- Invited Clubs may only include two players on the teamsheet over 21 who have made 40 or more senior appearances to maintain the emphasis on youth development.

That's alright then, would be very difficult not to fulfil those criteria.

GaryJones

Think this is Arsenals first match in this competition as they declined to enter a team in previous seasons.
Lets hope we batter them - I'm not a fan of these U21 Premier League teams getting involved.

Reactions: vow

GaryJones

Agree - they probably have a team full of Dujon Sterlings so giving them a hard time and not allowing any space or time on the ball should see them off!

GaryJones

I'm also going for a crowd of 1,795. I don't think the appetite is there for the early stages of this competition!

Otis

Opportunity to give a few a rest and others valuable game time. Maybe something like the below, also wary that you can only make 5 changes (?) from last 1st team game, not including any injuries:

LOB

Sterling
Davies
Thompson
Brown

Thomas
Ogogo
Andreu
Allassani

Chaplin
Bakayoko
Yeah, but unfortunately we have injuries to Doyle. Chaplin, Shipley, JCH, Willis, Hyam, Grimmer, Brown, Andreu, Thomas and Bayliss.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah, but unfortunately we have injuries to Doyle. Chaplin, Shipley, JCH, Willis, Hyam, Grimmer, Brown, Andreu, Thomas and Bayliss.

Have you bunged Nick a couple of grand to 'allow' Shipley as first goalscorer ?!

Apologies - I can see you took advantage of the 100/1 Chaplin offer, along with lots of others (i'm just bitter and twisted, as I didn't check - assumed it was a one-off the previous week!!)

Otis

Have you bunged Nick a couple of grand to 'allow' Shipley as first goalscorer ?!

Apologies - I can see you took advantage of the 100/1 Chaplin offer, along with lots of others (i'm just bitter and twisted, as I didn't check - assumed it was a one-off the previous week!!)
Me too, but then I did something called 'checking'.

You might want to try it one day.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Arse an' all U21's? A walk in the park!

GaryJones

larry_david

Pretty sure hiwula and bakayoko up front for this game. See Robins has come out and said he now sees hiwula as a striker ...

Pete in Portugal

Breaking news in January 2018, Bakayoka isn't a target man after 3 months of hammering long balls to him.

It's the height of the passes to Bakayoka that's the problem. He needs the ball passed to his feet. His first touch to control it is half decent.

Sky Blue Harry H

Afraid I got £50 on that too.
Surprised you missed it!
Went to Geordieland to see my brother, so put some on over 2.5 goals at evens before I travelled up. First goalscorer wasn't available at the time, and knew I'd be tied up with family stuff, rather than on SBT !! Fate.....! Hopefully see you at Barnsley - may arrive after kick off, due to family stuff.

no_loyalty

It's the height of the passes to Bakayoka that's the problem. He needs the ball passed to his feet. His first touch to control it is half decent.

His touch does look good but he doesn't seem to strike the ball cleanly, its more like a scuff shot

Liquid Gold

I've seen a few of the university of life graduates on facebook thinking we're playing actual Arsenal. I wonder if the attendance will be any bigger than normal.

GaryJones

I'm also going for a crowd of 1,795. I don't think the appetite is there for the early stages of this competition!
Most people who follow CCFC know this is more like a reserve game for both us and Arsenal.

SlowerThanPlatt

Most of their better young players who have some first team experience are away with England so if we play a reasonably strong team we should win comfortably

Users who are viewing this thread