Match Thread Coventry City v Southend (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Didn’t think anybody let us down. Obviously need more fitness and a couple key players but there was little to be upset about.
Atmosphere great
Fans all supportive of the team and one another
Team put it all on the line
Great strike
Couple players missing and the replacements really stepped up
Mason and Shipley look like they’re coming on leaps and bounds

3 points on a Saturday, I’ve missed you.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Mason had the best game since he signed.
Great day!0
Yeah, thought Mason was mom first half at least.

Some good performances today, all over them first half, no end product again. Definitely tired second half and almost allowed them back in.

Jobello was quiet, more to come from him though I’m sure. Westbrooke had a good game, took his goal well. Thought Eccles had one or two useful touches, but wasn’t on for long enough to tell really.

Overall, a better experience than I thought it would be, same issues with finishing teams off and lightweight in front of goal again.

Excited to see Allen in this team.

PurpleBin

Madfadzean looks a brilliant buy. Dabo looked off the pace. Against a better side and he'd have been in trouble.

Great strike from Westbrooke.

Happy days.

oakey

Good start. Played with nice tempo.
Bit worrying how sparse the bench looks at the moment. We need another experienced midfielder even when Allen is fit and two forwards who know where the goal is.
PUSB

Hobo

I liked Jobello. Getting up to speed obviously but put himself about and can see a player there. Definitely no Vincenti.

I thought he worked hard but wasnt impressed with his distribution or crossing. He is all one foot which is a pet hate of mine.

Terry_dactyl

Would’ve been a travesty if we’d lost that. Dabo and Jobello were our weakest players.
I thought mason was outstanding.
Josh Eccles looks like hes going to be special.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

They didn't count the pie line

Biggest disappointment of the day - not a patch on those from Legends Lounge. But cheaper beer, great view, lovely armchair seats, and the brummies are super friendly, from the car park guys to the marshalls.

Thought Dabo was okay myself - I think the issue was more about having to zonal mark, leaving Goodship in acres of space.

D

Deleted member 2477

Loved it and the atmosphere was far better than I thought it would be.
Had a nice little bet on 1-0 and Westwood to score made it even better and to top it all off Sunderland fans are spitting feathers over how crap Willis is. What a great weekend

Tommo1993

Special mention for Shipley. He rarely gets the plaudits, but the amount of ground he covered was unreal. Not surprised he tired. Mason my MOTM though, outstanding today.

Quite sure he covered most ground at Stadium of Shite too

PurpleBin

Yeah Mason, especially first half was excellent. Eccles looked good. That flick...wow!

Jobello put himself about but looked like he'll need time to adapt maybe.

clint van damme

Special mention for Shipley. He rarely gets the plaudits, but the amount of ground he covered was unreal. Not surprised he tired. Mason my MOTM though, outstanding today.

Had a blip at the end of the first half where he misplaced 3 passes in quick succession but otherwise he played well.

lifeskyblue

Thought Kelly excellent and Westbrook looks a decent player who can only improve. Keeper ok and one great tip over. Impressed by both full backs...mason improving on last season and Dabo I think will be less exciting but more consistent than sterling. Centre halves need to communicate more...but promising game from them. Shipley ok but does get sloppy at times. Disappointed with jobello; thought he would deliver high quality crosses. Hiwula threatened more than he delivered and like Baka had a great 10min spell then disappeared into obscurity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcSB

I had a brilliant afternoon. Ground is not a soulless bowl and all the better for that. Very helpful staff, excellent but courteous security checks, even the boot of my car in the car park. Draft cider in a real glass in Jasper Carrot lounge for less money than the Ricoh. Comfyest armchair seats with a great view. Absolutely cracking atmosphere from the start, SBA really loud. Fantastic football until we tired, including a cracking goal from Zain Westbrooke. Above all winning the first game of the season.

And then, on the way home, Clive has to read some anti SISU text from some twat who won’t go to St. Andrews - but I won’t let it spoil my day. PUSB.

MalcSB

Had a blip at the end of the first half where he misplaced 3 passes in quick succession but otherwise he played well.
I thought there were three intercepted passes when he was trying to play really positive balls which would have put is on the attack again.

shmmeee

I was going to ask how he did. With Burroughs also lurking, how important actually is it we sign another midfielder?

We don’t need one. We need a bit of magic going forward and a bit of pace and Ngandu and possibly Burroughs will give that but I think it’s too soon this season. I’d be happy with a couple of loans a la Murphy or Kent this season. Obviously Bright would be ideal.

Hobo

Jobello and Dabo were our weakest players. However I think both have ability and will have better days.

Rose looks good and so does McFadzean. McFadzean very vocal and a good organizer and can play off either foot.

I thought keeper looked solid and judges his kicks well to various areas of the field.

At least we are trying to play neat attacking football.

PurpleBin

Poor lad. When he was stood at the side of the pitch some bloke near me shouted “I didn’t pay £20 for restricted view!” And I lost my shit.

What did you say?

Felt a bit harsh when everyone was giving him grief.

On that note, who was the fella with the blonde lady on the pitch at kick off? Lots of tits out chants...they had a kid with them!

Oh and some fella near me shouting "Levi Roots!" At Dabo...class.

Snouty72

Just got back. Nice to get a result and should have been a couple up. Felt we sat back too much after goal and let Southend cone at us. Mason was my man of the match but felt bakyoko went missing towards the end. Need that number 10 in there to move oppo defence around abit more. Great start though and good effort from SBA

Users who are viewing this thread