Match Thread Coventry City v Southend (1 Viewer)

CanadianCCFC

If hiwula has a bad injury we will be in a relegation battle with this squad
If Hiwula gets injured, the 2 foreign wingers are both duds and there are no significant attacking signings.

Grendel

The fact is we’ve sold 2 players and another loanee has gone all of whom are valued by championship clubs at one million.

We’ve signed players at scratch fees

So either these clubs are stupid or we are delusional

covcity4life

No, Robins said he’s fit. He had an injury in preseason.
Odd shmee went with rose then

Heard hes highly rated tho

What of our devleopment tslents? Are likes of allasani or dexter walters good enough to make it in league 1

A question for those thatbseen thrm play alot for u23 of course

kg82

The fact is we’ve sold 2 players and another loanee has gone all of whom are valued by championship clubs at one million.

Who have we signed for scratch fees?

Grendel

Who have we signed for scratch fees?

Allen and the two foreign imports will be for far less than one of the players we’ve sold combined

It’s very concerning isn’t it if these overseas signings best option is a 3rd tier club in a foreign country.

Our fans were excited by Meyler when anyone with half a brain could see the only reason he came had to be he was a washed up has been

kg82

Allen and the two foreign imports will be for far less than one of the players we’ve sold combined

It’s very concerning isn’t it if these overseas signings best option is a 3rd tier club in a foreign country.

Our fans were excited by Meyler when anyone with half a brain could see the only reason he came had to be he was a washed up has been

To be fair, Meyler was on loan. Not too much of a blow there. (Edit - some fans get excited very easily, some fans are overly cynical. It happens.)

I don’t know what the fees were for the rest. I’m also not sure at what stage they were at in their previous contracts.

Can’t be sure about the foreign players, but I’ll leave judgment till I’ve seen them play a few times.

fatso

Someone said yesterday there will be protestors outside urging people not to go in - I assume that’s bollocks isn’t it?
You’d have to be a special kind of asshole to take the time and expense to travel to st Andrews, pay to park the car, get to the ground nice and early etc, only to persuade others that have done the same, to not go in!

Mucca Mad Boys

Foreign imports tend to be a lot cheaper than domestic players. So there's the possibility that we could get a bargain.

With Thomas (Chaplin and Bayliss too), as with all young players, lot of his transfer fee would be based on potential ability than actual ability right now.

We've gone for slightly older players in their mid-20s.

Grendel

Foreign imports tend to be a lot cheaper than domestic players. So there's the possibility that we could get a bargain.

With Thomas (Chaplin and Bayliss too), as with all young players, lot of his transfer fee would be based on potential ability than actual ability right now.

We've gone for slightly older players in their mid-20s.

I’m sorry but that is utter bollocks

SeaSeeEffCee

I doubt we’ll see much of Kastaneer, the bloke has a consistently poor injury record across his whole career and has already picked up one here. Screams of 10 league appearances and loaned back to Europe in the summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why's that a problem?

Allen scored 8 goals last season, more than double Bayliss and has played in the Championship. Thomas scored 5, which I think Kastaneer and/or Jobello will equal, Kastaneer has had two 1 in 4 seasons in the Netherlands. Both the foreign wingers were capped internationally at age-group level and have played in the top, or 2nd division in their respective countries. They should have something about them in the English third division.

We survived when Thomas went, and we survived when McNulty left. When Maddison left, we found Stevenson, then Bayliss and have promising young players in our academy. It's not the end of the world.

These promising young players we had are replaceable for our current standard. However, I'm frustrated we can't have these players help us get us out of this division and help us in the Championship.

kg82

I doubt we’ll see much of Kastaneer, the bloke has a consistently poor injury record across his whole career and has already picked up one here. Screams of 10 league appearances and loaned back to Europe in the summer.

He rolled his ankle! Not a sicknote injury, just something that happens!

Grendel

Why's that a problem?

Allen scored 8 goals last season, more than double Bayliss and has played in the Championship. Thomas scored 5, which I think Kastaneer and/or Jobello will equal, Kastaneer has had two 1 in 4 seasons in the Netherlands. Both the foreign wingers were capped internationally at age-group level and have played in the top, or 2nd division in their respective countries. They should have something about them in the English third division.

We survived when Thomas went, and we survived when McNulty left. When Maddison left, we found Stevenson, then Bayliss and have promising young players in our academy. It's not the end of the world.

These promising young players we had are replaceable for our current standard. However, I'm frustrated we can't have these players help us get us out of this division and help us in the Championship.

Another one who reads a few stats and has zero knowledge - Allen played in the championship - so did Roy O’Donovan

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m sorry but that is utter bollocks

By your logic:

A striker in L1 with 8 goals is worth £1million? Is Hiwula or Ched Evans worth more than Chaplin? No.

A winger with 5 goals, 5 assists in L1 is worth £1.2m? Again, is Hiwula or Sean McConville worth more than Thomas? No.

A midfielder with 3 goals, 3 assists in L1 worth £2m? Allen did better last season...

It is self-evident their evaluations is linked to their potential in the future as opposed to their output last season. Otherwise, why else did these players attract the prices they did?

Mucca Mad Boys

Another one who reads a few stats and has zero knowledge - Allen played in the championship - so did Roy O’Donovan

Compare Allen and Bayliss from last season: Allen scored 8 goals, Bayliss scored 3. Bayliss had 1 more assist.

kg82

He’s played 75 games in 6 years and has never played more than 21 games in a season in his career.

He’s 23 years old. So 6 years ago he was 17. I don’t know his development but if he’s been playing in top divisions and then he’s come to us, I’m not that surprised if he hasn’t had much game time. Still young-ish. Couple of injuries. We’ll see how this year goes, but like I said, this was him going over on his ankle, not muscular.

PS you got those stats from wiki, I’m guessing. Not exactly totally reliable.

Going off a different site, he’s made 107 appearances.

covcity4life

He’s 23 years old. So 6 years ago he was 17. I don’t know his development but if he’s been playing in top divisions and then he’s come to us, I’m not that surprised if he hasn’t had much game time. Still young-ish. Couple of injuries. We’ll see how this year goes, but like I said, this was him going over on his ankle, not muscular.

PS you got those stats from wiki, I’m guessing. Not exactly totally reliable.
I agree with you but i dunno if read too much into robins press conference but seemed like he felt kastaneer didnt need thr timr out hes getting due to injury

Gibbo

Marosi
Dabo McF Rose Mason
Westbrooke Kelly
Jobello Shipley Hiwula
Baka
i.e. Swindon with Westbrooke for Allen.
alternatively switch Shipley and Westbrooke as the latter is a more penetrative passer.

covcity4life

Marosi
Dabo McF Rose Mason
Westbrooke Kelly
Jobello Shipley Hiwula
Baka
i.e. Swindon with Westbrooke for Allen.
alternatively switch Shipley and Westbrooke as the latter is a more penetrative passer.
I imagine it will be be 433 with no number 10. So we need the misfielders to be box to box and lots of responsibility on wingers to create chances

CanadianCCFC

Bleeding hell m8 maybe the canadian air turns you pessimistic. What you like to do if we win? Seal bashing?
You misunderstood. I was responding to Grendel saying we’re a Hiwula serious injury from a relegation battle. These are what has to happen for relegation battle to be possible imo.

skyblueelephant76

As in maybe he is too fearful over his own fitness and recovery times

Like insaod could be reading way too much into ot
Nothing Robins said suggests anything like that:

"Gervane is one of those who has picked up a significant injury to his ankle when we played at Rugby Town,”

" He went over on his ankle and hasn’t trained since but has been improving slowly and it isn’t as bad as we feared it could have been so hopefully he will be back in the next ten days to two weeks."

covcity4life

Nothing Robins said suggests anything like that:

"Gervane is one of those who has picked up a significant injury to his ankle when we played at Rugby Town,”

" He went over on his ankle and hasn’t trained since but has been improving slowly and it isn’t as bad as we feared it could have been so hopefully he will be back in the next ten days to two weeks."
I dont think i could have put any more disclaimers on it to say perhaps i was reading between lines too much!

Users who are viewing this thread